Grey knight/inquisition 1850p (feedback is hugely appreciated) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-04-14, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Default Grey knight/inquisition 1850p (feedback is hugely appreciated)

1850 Grey knight/inquisition list.

Allied:

Ordo malleus inquisitor 134
Terminator armor, demonhammer psycannon, Psyker , Liber heresius 3 servo skulls

Primary detachment:

Inquisitor Coteaz 100

10 grey knight terminators 570
1 sword, 3 hammers, 6 halberds, 2 psycannons brotherhood banner , justicar Thawn , Psybolt ammo

Inquisitor retinue 68
2 warriors + psyker, Razorback with TL heavy bolter and psybolt ammo

Inquisitor retinue 68

Inquisitor retinue 68

5 purifiers 189
3 halberds , 2 psycannons , Rhino

Nemesis dreadknight: 235
Personal teleporter , Heavy incinerator

Dreadnought 135
2 twin linked autocannons , psybolt ammo

Dreadnought 135
2 twin linked autocannons , psybolt ammo

Vindicare assassin 140

************************************************** ****************************************
TOTAL 1842
************************************************** ****************************************

Coteaz, inquisitor and all psykers will be rolling on Telepathy for a potential Invis and psychic shriek. Thawn will be rolling on sanctic ofcourse (ideal situation would be Cleansing flame, but vortex is a good one too). This army generates 17+D6 charges at the start.

The idea is to use the liber heresius to get that big squad to midfield very quickly, along with the support of dreadknight and the cleaning flames of the purifiers. The rhino will try to keep sacred ground up to boost the termies to 4++.

The smaller razorbacks are mostly there for capping, although they can add a bit of firepower too, along with psychic shrieks from the psykers.

Any recommendations? I'm banking hard on mid S firepower and psychic powers. Vindicare is there for heavy tanks, although not the perfect option.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 06:04 AM
black_shadow851's Flag is: Australia

Hey Elmir. Love the dreadnoughts. Having two of them adds to their redundancy. They are harder to kill but now have a harder time killing tanks.
The Dreadknight fits in really nicely as its not going to be left alone moving up the field and get shot to crap.

I certainly like the idea of a psyker based army.

k
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
I'm banking hard on mid firepower and psychic powers. Vindicare is there for heavy tanks, although not the perfect option.
The first main problem I see is that in 7th ed psychic powers got a little bit stronger but harder to get off. Also your rolling for powers hoping to get them. That will make your game to game experiences varied. I like that except when I really want to win. The second problem is that you have terminators. At the moment they are costing you 570 points. I would suggest taking GGSS. You can have twice as many bodies and twice the fire power. Which is in line with your objective of having strong mid range fire power.

10 man GKSS with 2 Phycannons 240

You have 90 points left over so you could give them each a Rhino. Now you have heaps more manoeuvrability which you where not going to have with the terminators. And now an extra 10 points left for a total of 1832. So 18 points to mess around with. It also gives you 1 more warp charge.

I don't use the Vindicare assassin so I cannot really say anything about him. I feel that he is an expansive 1 shot. In my area, we play with plenty of terrain (lots of cover saves), so for me weight of fire is better, which is why I like the dreadnought. You could have 3 dreadnoughts.

If you have played with this army already. Would love to hear how it went.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post

The idea is to use the liber heresius to get that big squad to midfield very quickly, along with the support of dreadknight and the cleaning flames of the purifiers. The rhino will try to keep sacred ground up to boost the termies to 4++.
The list looks solid, although I agree that Strike Squads might be a better idea. With reference to the quote above, I double-checked and Sanctuary only targets the psyker and his squad, so the Rhino can only affect itself, unfortunately

The Grey Knights: Because Huzzah for Blind Faith and Unreasonable Hatred!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-14, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_shadow851 View Post
The first main problem I see is that in 7th ed psychic powers got a little bit stronger but harder to get off. Also your rolling for powers hoping to get them. That will make your game to game experiences varied. I like that except when I really want to win. The second problem is that you have terminators. At the moment they are costing you 570 points. I would suggest taking GGSS. You can have twice as many bodies and twice the fire power. Which is in line with your objective of having strong mid range fire power.

You have 90 points left over so you could give them each a Rhino. Now you have heaps more manoeuvrability which you where not going to have with the terminators. And now an extra 10 points left for a total of 1832. So 18 points to mess around with. It also gives you 1 more warp charge.

I don't use the Vindicare assassin so I cannot really say anything about him. I feel that he is an expansive 1 shot. In my area, we play with plenty of terrain (lots of cover saves), so for me weight of fire is better, which is why I like the dreadnought. You could have 3 dreadnoughts.

If you have played with this army already. Would love to hear how it went.

I have... The terminators are in to stay. Had 2 games with them now. One attacking across narrow end, one going across long end. The terminators were damn near impossible to shift for the enemy.

The liber heresius was awesome to get the termies right into my opponents face when playing across the short end of the table. You must not forget that the inquisitor and thawn goes in there, and the unit can split fire with the liber as well. lots of firepower and they were able to get the charge off in turn 2... Nothing to be sneezed at. Thawn was lucky enough once to get both gate and cleansing flame. The pain that unit did in that turn was just insane.

I had the option of dropping them in quite deep with reasonable accuracy too with the servo skulls. I'm even considering getting a mystic in a few henchmen squads to drop that semi-deathstar in there. I was very pleasantly surprised by their performance. Especially because that big unit got multi-charges off in the third turn (banner was a major plus there). Also, my henchmen were able to roll on invisibilty (I know it's playing the odds, but with 6 different sources rolling on it, it's got a fair chance)... carnage when that big unit smashed into the enemy lines.

I can honestly recommend that unit... it's not the ultimate deathstar, but it managed to do very well, also against a farsight bomb list (he dropped in first, slammed my dreadknight into the dirt in a single turn, but the barrage of psychic shrieks and firepower from that termy unit, reduced the unit to farsight + 2 suits in just a single turn...)

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode