Need some Advice - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-14, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

But now I lose the Div tree, and to get access to it again I'm spending 30 points for it. Leaving 45 points, that gets me a HI for the NDK and 15 left over for what ?

Is it worth loosing the 2+ PA & all his special rules along with the DiV tree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 01:43 AM

Brother Droopy's Flag is: USA

Depends on what you think you'll get more use out of. The flamer on the NDK or the Divination.

Also 15 points left should always be spent on Servo Skulls (if you have someone that can take them) to limit your opponent's deployment. If you drop Coteaz I wouldn't pick back up divination. I'd get Rad Grenades instead. Or do both and don't get the skulls!

Really I'm just giving options.

Grey Knights and Dark Angels Project

Thousand Sons
Grey Knights
Imperial Knights
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-14, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

The rad grenades are phenomenal, however I'm not sure about running an 4+ AS with no Inv Inq into CC, is a nice way to make someone think before rushing in. If I went that route I would prob take the Servo Skulls, but I think 10 - 20 GK re-rolling misses while shooting is more of a deterrent than the -1 T they would endure from the RG. Not to mention the 2+ on Coteaz + a NDH makes him a lot less squishy.

Question, if an IC joins a squad with Brotherhood of Psykers (Coteaz joining a GK SS) would I get to use his two warp charges, and then use the squads warp charge (to say activate a Force Weapon) or do I loose the WC for the GKSS?

Question, with a Ordo Malleus Inq, would it be worth taking the Daemon Blade, looks pretty epic, has some cool abilities, non really seem to have the awe crap traits to it?

I will probably go with the NDK with 2 NDF + PT; 2x(6GK with NFS & SB; 2GK with psycannons; 1GK with NFH & SB; and 1GK with NDH & SB); SR TL-MM/AC + HB with psybolt; & Coteaz. I may play around on Army Builder to see what I can do with the extra points if I left Coteaz at home.

Other option would be drop Coteaz and add in: HI for NDK, OM Inq with 3 SS, and 7 WA with Bolters or 5 WA with SB's

with the WA no longer scoring less useful, might be worth taking 2 SS on the Inq with 3 Servitors with HB & 2 MM with 2 WA one with Bolter to soak up opening wounds.

what would you recommend?

Last edited by Sparto; 02-06-14 at 07:32 PM.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-08-14, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparto View Post
The rad grenades are phenomenal, however I'm not sure about running an 4+ AS with no Inv Inq into CC, is a nice way to make someone think before rushing in. If I went that route I would prob take the Servo Skulls, but I think 10 - 20 GK re-rolling misses while shooting is more of a deterrent than the -1 T they would endure from the RG. Not to mention the 2+ on Coteaz + a NDH makes him a lot less squishy.
The Inq will be squishy. That's why you hide him in the squad and have the Justicar of the squad take the challenges. And Rad Grenades shouldn't be looked at as -1 T it should be looked at as something that stacks with hammer hands. Hammer hands stacks so if you have an Inq + Liby with Might of Titan and hammer Hands + Tech Marine + Rad Grenades + Strike Squad you get +5 str and -1T so that T10 monster is now wounded on 4's. Also with the amount of AP2 in the game you'll be hiding Coteaz the same way because of his lack of an Invon.

Quote:
Question, if an IC joins a squad with Brotherhood of Psykers (Coteaz joining a GK SS) would I get to use his two warp charges, and then use the squads warp charge (to say activate a Force Weapon) or do I loose the WC for the GKSS?
IC's get their own warp charges. So if a mastery level 2 IC joins them the squad can use 1 power and the IC can use 2. It's all a separate pool of charges.

Quote:
Question, with a Ordo Malleus Inq, would it be worth taking the Daemon Blade, looks pretty epic, has some cool abilities, non really seem to have the awe crap traits to it?
Deamon blade is awesome but you're giving it to a S3 T3 guy. I personally let the stabbing be done by the Space Marines.

Quote:
Other option would be drop Coteaz and add in: HI for NDK, OM Inq with 3 SS, and 7 WA with Bolters or 5 WA with SB's

Something I want to point out. Acolytes with Storm Bolters are 7 points. 2 Acolytes with Bolters are 10 points. They get the same amount of shots at 24 inches but the Bolter Accolytes get twice the shots at 12 inches. For only 3 more points you get an extra wound and more shots at 12 inches.

As long as you have your Strike squads for scoring and your Storm Raven for Threat and anti air the rest of the army is just play style.

Thousand Sons
Grey Knights
Imperial Knights
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-09-14, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Okay I think I'm down to a game day decision:

List 1

HQ - Coteaz

TR - GKSS - 8 x NFS 8 x SB; 2 x Psycannon
- GKSS - 8 x NFS 8 x SB; 2 x Psycannon

FA - SR - TLMM; TLAC; HB; Psybolt

HS - NDK - 2 x NDF

List 2

HQ - OM Inq 3 SS

TR - GKSS - 8 x NFS; 2 x Psycannon 8 x SB - Psybolt
- GK SS - 7 x NFS; 1 x NDH; 2 x Psycannon; 8 x Psybolt

FA- SR - TLMM; TLAC; HB; Psybolt

HS - NDK - HI; 2 x NDF

I will let you know how the game goes and what list I picked and why. Next is on to building an 1850 list with IG allies to deal with CSM & Necron Allies
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-14, 01:55 AM

Quote:
HQ - Coteaz

TR - GKSS - 8 x NFS 8 x SB; 2 x Psycannon
- GKSS - 8 x NFS 8 x SB; 2 x Psycannon

FA - SR - TLMM; TLAC; HB; Psybolt

HS - NDK - 2 x NDF
They're so close it's hard to say. I like this one because I like going first.

Thousand Sons
Grey Knights
Imperial Knights
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-14, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

That was the list I was lining towards, loss of the HI is not that huge, and I think the Div tree will be good and useful ensuring the psycannon re roll's ... the loss of the psybolt to the GKSS sucks, but getting to re-roll misses is huge.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-12-14, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Iteration 2.0

My friend has suggested bumping the points of our game (since it was delayed) to 1850 GK vs CSM.

Here is what I'm thinking about ... some is for tactics, some is for flavor, and some is due to limitations of my current GK library of models

Coteaz

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with
2 x Servitor with MM
1 x Servitor with PC
3 x Warrior Acolyte with bolter

10 x Warrior Acolyte with bolter

10 x Warrior Acolyte with bolter

10 x Grey Knight Strike Marine
2 x Psycannon
8 x NFS & SB
Psibolt Ammo

10 x Grey Knight Strike Marine
2 x Psycannon
8 x NFS & SB
Psibolt Ammo
Vindicare Assassin

5 x Grey Knight Terminators
1 x NDH & Psycannon
3 x NFH & SB
1 x NFS & SB

Storm Raven
TLMM; TLAC; HB; MSM; Psybolt

Purgation Squad
1 x NFS & SB
4 x Psycannon
Razorback
TLHB & Psybolt

Nemesis Dreadknight
HI & 2 x NDF

1850 on the button total model count 62.

Please give me some advise

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode