1850 Tournament List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-06-12, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

capnmoe's Flag is: USA

Default 1850 Tournament List

Playing in my first local tournament tomorrow. Looking for a little feed back on my list. I've run it a few times in league play and it hasn't lost yet. Any CC is welcome. Thanks.

HQ
Inquisitor Coteaz
Elite
Vindicare Assassin
Troops
1x Jokaero Weaponsmith, 3x Servitors
  • 3x Plasma Cannons
Inquisitorial Chimera
  • Heavy Bolter/Multi-Laser
8x Deathcult Assassins (Stormraven)
10x Grey Knight Terminators
  • 2x Psycannon
  • 8x Nemesis Force Halberds
  • 2x Nemesis Daemon Hammer
5x Grey Knight Strike Squad
  • Psycannon
  • Nemesis Daemon Hammer
Rhino
  • Searchlight
3x Warrior Accolytes
Razorback
  • Psybolt Ammunition
  • Searchlight
Fast Attack
Stormraven
  • Twin-Linked Plasma Cannons
  • Twin-Linked Multi-Melta
  • 4 Mindstrike Missiles
Heavy Support
Dreadknight
  • Heavy Incinerator
Dreadknight
  • Heavy Incinerator
Dreadnought
  • 2x Twin-Linked Autocannon
  • Psybolt Ammunition
  • Searchlight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-11-12, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Took 2nd in the tournament.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 12:08 AM

Hellgore's Flag is: Germany

Congrats. I'd say your list lacks some redundancy and ranged antitank, would be interesting to see some of the lists you played against.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 12:28 PM

id say 2nd place makes your list really good indeed. you have enough anti tank on your side. i dont know what hellgore is talking about but your list has plenty of anti tank to kill a guard player. I would suggest another jokaero, they are pretty cool from book read to on board action. the ability to fire a lascannon from its finger is most fun. plus the extra ability is also a guarentee you will get a 2 on the chart.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Id love to get another laser monkey in there with that unit, but I just don't have anywhere else I can take points from for it.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 09:44 PM

One Dread and BS3 Monkeys/Servitors and a Raven is NOT "plenty" of ranged antitank. And I didn't talk of lacking AT overall but of ranged AT. And no, 24" is not ranged AT.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-13-12, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Don't forget the vindicare. I've really not had any problems yet with anti-tank.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-13-12, 12:43 PM

Yeah, missed the vindi but my point still stands. In the end it comes down to what armies and players opposed you. It seems you're a skilled player that can get the best performance out of a rather average list. Don't misunderstand me: I like your list because it is so varied and non-repetitive. It's in the line of what I play in friendly games.
But from the competitive point of view it is not the optimum that GK can get out of their Codex.
I know that I would have gotten a beating with your list in our latest tournaments, especially from the other SW, BA and GK players as they are the really tough competitors I need to win against.
I took second twice on the last two tourneys I played at, and they were all really tough games with boring but highly effective lists played by tournament vets (coming from all over Germany and being highranking in the NTC). I can't compare it with the US scene even though I follow events like NOVA quite avidly. Maybe it's our tournament environment that differs from yours. That's why I expressed my curiosity about the lists you opposed.
If your ranged AT is enough to cope with the opposing armies you faced then that's all fine. In the end it then comes down to: why ask for C&C then?
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-13-12, 02:13 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by inqusitor magneto View Post
id say 2nd place makes your list really good indeed.
This is nonsense. Where you finish doesn't determine how good your list is by itself. I could finish highly with shit lists if I wanted, but I prefer to play the best players I can find instead.
Quote:
you have enough anti tank on your side. i dont know what hellgore is talking about but your list has plenty of anti tank to kill a guard player.
I don't know what you are talking about here. The most common IG players I face would require a list able to reliably suppress at least 3 vehicles a turn at range - this list cannot do so.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-13-12, 04:29 PM

Default really

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
This is nonsense. Where you finish doesn't determine how good your list is by itself. I could finish highly with shit lists if I wanted, but I prefer to play the best players I can find instead.

I don't know what you are talking about here. The most common IG players I face would require a list able to reliably suppress at least 3 vehicles a turn at range - this list cannot do so.
This was my opinion and the fact is he place second in scoring not beating people. i assume it was not just 4 to 5 people but at least 10 people. everything is done by score. If he came in second he focused on mission and objectives. second for a GK list of this caliber is good. he is outnumbered and in some cases out gunned.

It is clear if you measure the board you can do a significant enough of damage without long distance being a major factor. your IG player wants you at a long distance, but if you play like a grey knight you will know what to do when its time to do it for each unit.

its a 48x72 board. The list has enough units to cut the 48 in half or even more. might i suggest @TheKingElessar stop playing grey knights like marines and use the options you have to shrink the distance down from 1" to 24". From what i see the list can do so. IG die to GK from 24" to CC and he has enough units to make IG run for the hill. take out IG HQ and commisars and what do you have. a Ld 7 army having trouble staying on the field. Dont try and take away the mans 2nd place win. he earned it and deserves respect for his tournament placing.

lastly Grey knights dont have to suppress IG, they just destroy them with clear cut tactics and cause the IG player to make mistakes, become fearful and rush movements they normally would not do. GK aren't invincible, but they are dam hard with a good commander.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode