1850 Tournament List - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 03:47 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Seriously, what are you, twelve?

IG have nothing in their Codex that can stop you Scouting? Really? Funny, I could have sworn they did...cos they do. In fact, they have several options.

Also, you appear never to have heard of Reserves, or the concept of Bubblewrap.

I have a serious question - let's assume we're playing 2k, and you have 2 Interceptor Squads, a Libby, a Dreadknight, and Mordrak, and I'll be charitable and assume he's only a few Ghost Knights and you've wasted fewer points. This all adds up to roughly half your army. Since you've put it all in my face, let's just assume everything I have shoots it, and it dies.

What happens then?

What does the rest of your army do against 70-75% of mine after the fuck all damage your units inflicted? Oh, loses. Got it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 04:05 PM

okay lets assume by some miracle you survived my 920 points of incinerators, storm bolters and warp rift and my mordrak unit libby of 2+ armour 2+ cover dies with the 10 man combat squad IS 3+ cover. Then i have 1020 pts of an army left, SS cost me 220 with 2 psycannons so i can take 2 ten man units and 1 five man unit worth 110. then a vindicare at 145 and perhaps something else with pyscannons in mind. But its a good number of pts left over moving up while your units are dead set on killing my 2+ cover save unit,

You mind listing those options i dont recall them or even seen an IG player employ them at a GT. normally i have to stay 12" away from you if i scout move, but that's if i scout. i can shunt ya know. lol and you cant stop that.

how are your units staying alive if they are burnt to death. you dont have 3+ armour on do ya. so uhmmmm what drugs are you smoking. You arent toughness 4 are ya! if any 40k army except tau(sorry ) makes it to your line then you are toast.

Last edited by inqusitor magneto; 05-14-12 at 04:08 PM.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 04:12 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by inqusitor magneto View Post
okay lets assume by some miracle you survived my 920 points of incinerators, storm bolters and warp rift
The miracles of Reserves, Mechanisation, and deploying Infantry behind things, perhaps...

List Scout blockers?

Since that seems a genuine question:

Vendettas, Valkyries, Scout Sentinels, Ratlings, Penal Legion, Stormtroopers.

No, I can't prevent you Shunting. But I *can* make it difficult to hit anything worthwhile when you do...

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
The miracles of Reserves, Mechanisation, and deploying Infantry behind things, perhaps...

List Scout blockers?

Since that seems a genuine question:

Vendettas, Valkyries, Scout Sentinels, Ratlings, Penal Legion, Stormtroopers.

No, I can't prevent you Shunting. But I *can* make it difficult to hit anything worthwhile when you do...

uhmmm how i shunt 30" anywhere on the table. i deep strike with no scatter anywhere and its turn 1. Your troops in or behind cover, i land next to with incinerators and burn them.

while those units are in your book majority of IG players dont focus on all of them. valkyries are somewhat effective at doing a good number of jobs but uhmm i can pop them with SS. yes you can outflank just like me, but your army has to go one way or the other. it is very hard to have a IG two prong army system to do multiple jobs. but this is a GK army list discussion not an IG discussion.

Point is my statement was that i can be in your face by turn 1. i did show that it can happen and you can not stop it, which you admit now. It is not bullshyt. I can burn/rift/psycannon your troops and vehicles and that is not even considering the rest of my army shooting and moving up some.

Last edited by inqusitor magneto; 05-14-12 at 04:32 PM.
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 06:27 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

You make it sound like IG cannot win against GK. Fact is, they can and they are probably one of the best armies, alongside SW and arguably Tau, to take down GK. Another solution to the interceptor problem is a tank shock. Ld 9? looool. Then just hound them with a vendetta until they fall off the board.

This conversation is going nowhere because you refuse to believe either
.a) You can be beaten by IG, or
.b) Your strategy is not a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 07:46 PM

i would suggest you take your own medicine to heart. I dont make it sound like anything but what was written. I said i can be in IG face by turn 1. Thus far it is still a fact that i can do what i wrote.

Tank shock, what will you have left to tank shock with. What will you do when you HQ is gone or burnt to death. hmm leadership 9 is better then 7 and since i know no fear even 1 GK can auto rally after those guys you have following me die to storm bolter rounds.

After i destroyed your oh i have 3+ cover argument you come with nothing less then IG is the best army to destroy GK. things happen in this world and its still all a game But IG are the best to defeat GK and then you said Tau. hahahaha that a nice fairy tale but not the facts. Either way with no cover your army dies to moving storm bolters and pyscannons. along with incinerators. I didnt even get into the CC problem. but this has been a nice laugh indeed

Last edited by inqusitor magneto; 05-14-12 at 07:53 PM.
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 08:03 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quality opponents clearly lack in your area. I am done, good night and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-14-12, 11:53 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

Can we dispense with the pissing contest now?

Very few things are as annoying as this kind of "well...I'd just do this! Well...then I'd do THIS! " nonsense.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-15-12, 05:34 AM

How does one shunt? I'm new to GK and I want to shunt!
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-15-12, 06:14 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

1. Get minimum 5 Grey Knight Interceptors.
2. Pick target area <= 30inches away
3. Click the tit
4. Reappear 30inches away from where you started
6. Profit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode