2000pt Draigowing First List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

osmesis's Flag is: Australia

2000pt Draigowing First List

Hi guys, just wondering if I could get some feedback about my first friendly list. I haven't bought any models yet I plan to come up with some what of a basis list then go from there.

Draigo

Librarian - Warding Stave, Might of Titan, Sanctuary, Quicksilver, 3x Servo-skulls

10x Paladins - Psybolt Ammo, 4x MC Psycannons, Banner, Warding Stave, Halberd, 2x MC Halberd, Sword, 2x MC Sword, Hammer, MC Hammer

5x Paladins - 2x MC Psycannons, 2x MC Halberd, MC Sword, MC Hammer, Warding Stave

3x Psyrifle Dreadnoughts

= 2000pts

I easily get carried away with Paladin upgrades I love the idea of having kitted out Pallies, just wish I could squeeze in a Vindicare somewhere.

What do you guys think? I mainly play against my mates BA but a few other friends have DE, Tau and IG

Last edited by osmesis; 12-29-11 at 10:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 09:26 AM

Bushido's Flag is: South Africa

Quote:
Librarian - Warding Stave, Might of Titan, Sanctuary, Quicksilver, 3x Servo-skulls
If I could only take a single power on this guy it would be shrouding every time, its just awesome. Why the servo skulls? I hope youre not planning on a deep strike force.

Quote:
10x Paladins - Psybolt Ammo, 4x MC Psycannons, Banner, Warding Stave, Halberd, 2x MC Halberd, Sword, 2x MC Sword, Hammer, MC Hammer

5x Paladins - 2x MC Psycannons, 2x MC Halberd, MC Sword, MC Hammer, Warding Stave
Im assuming that each paladin is kitted out with different wargear. You did go a little heavy on the upgrades.

Not a bad list but I would suggest perhaps dropping the 5man unit in place of some mobility like strikers or interceptors but thats just me.

"In the morning I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Also known as lt_sparky
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

osmesis's Flag is: Australia

Ahh I didn't mean to have the servo skulls it was sposed to be shrouding and another spell. Must of had copied it over from a difference list and not changed it. Thanks for the help though

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-11, 01:18 PM

Hellgore's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmesis View Post
Hi guys, just wondering if I could get some feedback about my first friendly list. I haven't bought any models yet I plan to come up with some what of a basis list then go from there.

Draigo

3x Psyrifle Dreadnoughts

= 2000pts

I easily get carried away with Paladin upgrades I love the idea of having kitted out Pallies, just wish I could squeeze in a Vindicare somewhere.

What do you guys think? I mainly play against my mates BA but a few other friends have DE, Tau and IG
You should somehow find the points for an Apothecary in the big squad and I wouldn't take psyboltammo for them. It's only six models gaining the S5 Stormbolter and it's too expensive for that little benefit. If you tone down all the Mastercrafting to two MC-psycannons instead, the squad costs 760 pts including the Apo, only 20 more than now and it would be still varied enough to allow wound allocation (btw. I normally take 2 hammers, 2 swords and 4 halberds). Instead of another Paladinsquad I'd prefer GKSS-units. I have a similar list with 10 GKSS w/2 psycannons, psyboltammo, Hammer on Justicar and 5 GKSS with 1 psycannon. And I don't take quicksilver anymore as the libby has different tasks to fulfill in my pally deathstar, you should have enough I6 attacks anyway. I give him Sanctuary, Shrouding, Might of Titan and thats it. With a Stave that's 200 pts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 03:40 AM

JelloSea's Flag is: USA

Im not going to tell you what to do with this post only what worked for me with my draigo wing (which I have been playing most lately)

2 fully kitted out squads of 10 paladins is very powerful and hard to deal with. If you keep your target priority at taking out str 8+ big templates > str 8+ small templates > str 8+ shots. After that everything else should be easy to kill and should have problems killing you. You need to strike HARD at the things that will hurt you most, since the average killers will have a very hard time to bring you down.

The apothecary is worth its points. If you take out those things that will instant kill you (which should be done in turn 1) the rest of the game should be easy.

I have never ran a Libby in this list. Draigo is horribly expensive on his own(though also worth the points in my opinion) You dont need to add another HQ when pallys are so great.

The Warding Staff is EXTREMELY useful IMO.

Max psycannons.

Take the banner!

Dont be afraid to split squads if you need to capture objectives.

Dont be afraid to deep strike. Even if you hit cover(dont try to) you have extra wounds that you can hide with your wound allocation. Your psycannons are relentless so you will get 16 shots from a 10 man squad on your deep strike.

Psybolt is iffy, you do need to strike hard and fast and that helps a lot but you do need to remember that only 6 guys per squad will be getting the bonus.

I like to run

draigo with 3 pally's as a body guard (1 having a warding staff)
2 squads of 10.
(I found this very simple list to be very successful)

Full allocation with weapons is the entire reason I find this list effective. You can take so much damage with out losing guys.

Always remember that you can fire from cover all game. Laugh at the guy that tries to get paladins out of cover.

If draigo gets the siphon wounds ability the game is almost in the bag. Get him into close combat and watch your opponent cry as he gets 6+ wounds. That ability matched with Eternal Warrior could be considered OP.

Good luck mate. Now time to play our favorite game. Hunt The Heretic.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-11, 09:10 AM

Hellgore's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by JelloSea View Post
Im not going to tell you what to do with this post only what worked for me with my draigo wing (which I have been playing most lately)

2 fully kitted out squads of 10 paladins is very powerful and hard to deal with. If you keep your target priority at taking out str 8+ big templates > str 8+ small templates > str 8+ shots. After that everything else should be easy to kill and should have problems killing you. You need to strike HARD at the things that will hurt you most, since the average killers will have a very hard time to bring you down.

The apothecary is worth its points. If you take out those things that will instant kill you (which should be done in turn 1) the rest of the game should be easy.

I have never ran a Libby in this list. Draigo is horribly expensive on his own(though also worth the points in my opinion) You dont need to add another HQ when pallys are so great.

The Warding Staff is EXTREMELY useful IMO.

Max psycannons.

Take the banner!

Dont be afraid to split squads if you need to capture objectives.

Dont be afraid to deep strike. Even if you hit cover(dont try to) you have extra wounds that you can hide with your wound allocation. Your psycannons are relentless so you will get 16 shots from a 10 man squad on your deep strike.

Psybolt is iffy, you do need to strike hard and fast and that helps a lot but you do need to remember that only 6 guys per squad will be getting the bonus.

I like to run

draigo with 3 pally's as a body guard (1 having a warding staff)
2 squads of 10.
(I found this very simple list to be very successful)

Full allocation with weapons is the entire reason I find this list effective. You can take so much damage with out losing guys.

Always remember that you can fire from cover all game. Laugh at the guy that tries to get paladins out of cover.

If draigo gets the siphon wounds ability the game is almost in the bag. Get him into close combat and watch your opponent cry as he gets 6+ wounds. That ability matched with Eternal Warrior could be considered OP.

Good luck mate. Now time to play our favorite game. Hunt The Heretic.
I'd be interested to see that list. Would you post it?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-11, 01:56 AM

JelloSea's Flag is: USA

Grand Master Draigo 275 points

Paladin Squad
1 hammer
1 with force sword
1 with falchions
1 with brotherhood banner w/ apo
1 warding staff
1 with halberd
1 with psycannon and halberd
1 with psycannon and hammer
1 with psycannon and falchions
1 with psycannon and sword
(2 swords, 2 halberd, 2 falchion, 2 hammers, 1 stave, 1 banner)
(4 psycannons, 5 storm bolters)
---------------------------------------765 points
Paladin Squad
1 hammer
1 with force sword
1 with falchions
1 with brotherhood banner w/ apo
1 warding staff
1 with halberd
1 with psycannon and halberd
1 with psycannon and hammer
1 with psycannon and falchions
1 with psycannon and sword
(2 swords, 2 halberd, 2 falchion, 2 hammers, 1 stave, 1 banner)
(4 psycannons, 5 storm bolters)
---------------------------------------765 points
Paladin Squad
1 with Warding stave
1 with MC Hammer
1 with Sword

I have another variation where the squads drop the Apo and get all MC'd psycannons and psybolt ammo + giving a apo to the bodyguard. But I have done so well with the current list that I havent felt the need to attempt it. The psycannons being relentless makes it so more often that not you dont need to have it MC'd and the two Apothecarys in the normal squads have made back their points and probably around 200+ points over it in every single game. Apo saves so many wounds its stupid.

There is 5 points left over to play with so you can MC something extra. I almost always use draigos ability to reroll offensive wounds of 1. It almost assures that your psycannons will get that wound in any infantry.

Last edited by JelloSea; 11-04-11 at 02:00 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-11, 10:44 PM

Cho Kai's Flag is: USA

I am new to the game and I like the sort of synergy a good wound allocation 10 man paladin squad has... I am very cautious with overspending points on those squads though... The warding staff and the falchions are upgrades that I keep being wishy washy on. Realistically, how valuable are the bonuses? ... how valuable are the last few units of perfect wound allocation?

I just opened a thread with the list I am currently sitting on if that helps you see where I am sitting:

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=100919
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-11, 10:56 AM

Shannar's Flag is: Uzbekistan

I suggest to give Libby Warprift, My Libby is warding stave, Warp rift, Might of Titan, Shrouding, Sanctuary, I use him in unit with Draigo and 5 Paladins (halberds, Banner - halberds for fluff reasons cause I play them as Custodians)...Warprift is very destructive power::
1) Itīs template weapon, so hitting two units is sometimes possible (still very rare), and doesnīt need to hit
2) Sometimes itīs better than heavy flamer, it all depends on target initiative (great for High T low I models), combine it with Draigos template shooting attack and you have something useful against hordes...
3)It autopenetrates vehicles and again doesnīt need to hit, I think that something for autopenetrating Landraiders and another thick skinned vehicles is always useful

Just my 2cents

Last edited by Shannar; 11-11-11 at 11:10 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-11, 10:29 PM

Way to many points for the paladins imo , I run them wound allocation but in 5 man units , i usually run 2 5 man paladin units and 2 5 man terminator units in a drago wing depending on the points.

My squad format is as follows:

Hammer / stormbolter
sword / stormbolter
Halberd / stormbolter
Psycannon / halberd
MC psycannon / halberd
320 points

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode