Using the High Elf Dragon? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Xela's Flag is: USA

Default Using the High Elf Dragon?

I think this is in the right forum, but does anyone know if its legal to use the High elf Dragon model as a Dark Elf on a dragon instead? The base is larger than Malekith's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 03:30 AM

Flindo's Flag is: Canada

as long as the person your playing with says its okay its fine.

Warhammer:Skaven 9000 points, Lizardmen 1250 points
Warmachine:Dwarves 261 points, Trolls 125 points Gatormen 174 points
Malifaux: Gremlins 100 Soul Stones
Infinity: Morats 1400 points, Shasvastii 600 points
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 03:34 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

If you're worried about the base size, I believe it's totally legal to increase a model's default base size, but illegal to decrease it. Some people used to put their CSM Lords on huge bases so they could get into combat with more models, and this was totally cool.

I know it's fine to mount models on a large base in 40k, and I'm reasonably sure it's legal in Fantasy as well...because in all reality, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage most of the time.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 03:35 AM

WinZip's Flag is: USA

As long as the dragon is using all the rules for a Dark Elves black dragon and the other player agrees with it im sure it will be fine. Using a High Elf dragon for a Dreadlords black dragon is probably the best proxie you can use.

"Blood cries out to blood they say, so let us spill their blood so we can hear it all the clearer."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 03:01 PM

Kulzanar's Flag is: Belgium

I've lost count of how many people converted their dark elf dragon out of the high elf dragon set. It's totally legal and your opponent doesn't even have to agree. The larger base does not bring you in an advantage position. For example when deploying you can only stand up to 12" away from the edge so it doesn't matter if your base is longer, it won't start further. You are easier to be hit and more difficult to squeeze in between your opponents units. What your opponent has to say doesn't matter.

Futhermore, you must always use the base given in the box or blister and every unit type now has a certain base. Cavalry is 25x50, monstrous cavalry is 50x50, monstrous infrantry is 40x40, normal infrantry is 20x20 or 25x25 (so you may not make a 20x20 model 25x25), monsters, chariots and some unique units (such as the plague furnace or the bell) have the same base. The base provided in the high elf dragon box is the official monster base. The malekith model is old and dates back to certainly 6th edition, if not more.

So you may not extend the base beyond it's given size, you may give war machines bases to make it easier but it's still the model that counts as stated in the BRB. The only annoying thing is that some models don't exist (such as the abomination untill shortly) and then people try to argue that the base might be something else and they ask GW, which as usual replies slowly. Ofcourse I'm talking about tournaments, should you play a friendly game and a person doesn't want to play against you because of that well, you can't really force him.

The Guardsman is just like you, from any city in the mighty Imperium he goes and fights a war he does not fully understand. Unlike many in this galaxy he is not genetically altered clad in powered armor or inhumanly fast. he wears only his vest helmet and holds his lasrifle. He is a guardsman and HE WILL HOLD THE LINE

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 03:34 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

just paint it suitably dark elfy and just slap on some dark elfy bits and rider.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 05:09 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I see no problem as well as long as it looks suitably dark elfish. I think the model is great. I have seen conversions of it into chaos dragons and zombie dragons.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Awesome, that makes me really happy because I adore the model. Thanks!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-11, 03:10 PM

Asmodeun's Flag is: Australia

It's what I'm doing, in my opinion it's the only decent dragon model that GW has put out.

Blueberry coffee tastes as good as it sounds.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-11, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

It's an awesome model

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode