Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

models you hope turn into plastic kits

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Flindo 
#1 ·
I seen a simaller thing on the 40K forums, so I will ask you what fantasy models you want to become plastic kits?

I personally hope the poison wind gobladers become a plastic kit of 10, I would buy 3 boxes of that right away :)

#2 ·
TK Tomb Guard, boxed in tens. Also a plastic Screaming Skull Catapult, plastic Bone Giant and a plastic Scorpion, with all highly customisable.

Not forgetting a King/Prince kit and a Liche Priest kit, a bit like the Empire General one.

I can always dream I suppose...

#3 ·
Pretty much everything thats metal and not a character and bigger then a blister pack.

For ogre's, thats pretty much the Tyrant and Butcher, Gorgers, Yhethee( even though I don't use them) and maneaters... thought I'd want the same style of maneaters, just plastic, so they're cheaper.

Other things... its stuff that doesn't exist yet.... so thats more of 'models I'd like to see', rather then 'models I'd like to see in plastic'.

#4 ·
Dark Riders, Witch Elves (they're still metal, right?) Executioners, Black Guard, RBT, Hydra, Cold One Chariot.

Screw the other races. :p

#6 ·
to get 10 poison wind gobladers its 120 canadian 82 British pounds so yeah. lol.

#8 ·
Jezzail teams, Chaos Warshrine, Treekin, Wild Riders, Eternal Guard, Great Eagles, any of the Greater Daemons,PLAGUEBEARERS (it's stupid that the most survivable of the daemons is still only available in metal), Rock Lobber/trebuchet/grudgethrower (heck, they could put out a generic stone thrower with different crew models and bits to customize like they did with the giant). That's enough for a start. I got plenty more ideas.

What I'd really like to see and would pay good money for: a Matt Ward dart board!

#10 ·
Terradons. Those things have the smallest freaking surface ever conceived when it comes to gluing the wings on. and because the wings are so thin, they're a bitch to pin.

Although my actual answer would have to be: everything. All fantasy, all 40k. I used to be able to understand that metal allowed for more detailed designs, but ever since the BA and DE came out, it's obvious that they have gotten around that limitation.

#11 ·
its supposed to be cheaper for them to make metal models thats why you see a lot of metal models still around especially unpopular ones.

HOWEVER i think they should all be plastic except special characters. All HQ/LORDS/HEROES should all the plastic like the empire and space marine kits. Highly doubt it would happen though.

But what i don't understand is that Stormvermin cost AU$83 yeah suire its 148 piece kit but Dark Eldar Kabalite warriors are 102 piece kit and cost only $41. Yes there are 20 stormvermin and only 10 kabalite warriors but come on $83? bit much.

#16 ·
Everything, because metal sucks. Two-part plastic characters are better than two-part metal characters.

#17 ·
All of them! I despise pewter......

However, if I had to pick a few, I'd say the Gnoblar Scraplauncher (which is a nightmare to put together), Tzeentch Screamers, and Fiends of Slaanesh.

#20 · (Edited)
Any and all special units that need to be fielded in numbers over 10. Metal makes it so expensivyou have to forgo many options.
If I want witch elves I can't afford executioners or black guard..to say nothing of the quality of re models.
if they REALLY want to stick it to us... they could still make the.command unit metal and same price. Then they could still make money.
people would buy more of these if they were plastic.

And let many of us convert the command.

edit: sorry about the egregious typos. I'm dealing with a fever that gives me the choice: Vomit, or pass out.

stupid Irony of a Nurgle army.....

#21 ·
Any and all special units that need to be fielded in numbers over 10. Metal make it so expensivyou have to forgo many options.
If I want witch elves I can't afford executioners or black guard..to say nothing of the quality of re models.
if they REALLY want to stick it to us... they could still make the.command unit metal and same price. Then they could stillake money.

And let many ifus convert the command.
I honestly think they would make more money if they were plastic, because more people would be buying them because people would then want to bulk on them if they are there favorite type of unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.