Cow + Flying Carpet = win..... but how to make it? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Cow + Flying Carpet = win..... but how to make it?

After much discussion today, it was decided that a Doombull riding a flying carpet is made of epicness and win. Especially if painted as a cow. So, he is my next project. However, I'm having problems deciding on carpet making material. I could greenstuff one, but I can't help thinking there's a better option.

Any ideas?

After flying cow is finished, wizard hat cow is nest on the list. Stay tuned for bovine stupidity at its finest.

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 01:12 AM

needskonstruktion's Flag is: England

Any piece of material soaked/covered in pva glue, and held in place whilst drying may do it? You could then maybe cover it with the green basing, to give the texture

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 05:23 PM
rodmillard's Flag is: Wales

I made up a unit of flying carpet riders (using the birdmen RoR rules) for my araby themed empire army. All I did was lay a high elf banner horizontal, drill into it for the flying base, then glue a kneeling archer (with greenstuff turban) on top.

The HE one may be too small to take a doombull, but any spare plastic banner from yout bits box would work just as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
In Nomine Imperator - Ecclesiarchy Roleplay
Character Places Still Available Here
In Character Action Thread Here

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmillard View Post
I made up a unit of flying carpet riders (using the birdmen RoR rules) for my araby themed empire army. All I did was lay a high elf banner horizontal, drill into it for the flying base, then glue a kneeling archer (with greenstuff turban) on top.

The HE one may be too small to take a doombull, but any spare plastic banner from yout bits box would work just as well.
hmm, that's not a bad idea. Since I'm converting my flying cow from the plastic minotaurs to keep the weight down I could use that flag, it's a hefty size. Good call sir.

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode