Rulebook errata / FAQ - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Whizzwang's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Rulebook errata / FAQ

is now up on the GW site

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...ok_2010_v1.pdf

The Infernal Council of the Lord of Nine Tzeentch C:SM Project Log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 05:30 PM

Interesting tidbit from there. If you roll 2 6's on Winds of Magic, play Dark Elves and have a sorceress with the sacrificial dagger, you can apparently use 13 power dice!

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-10, 05:34 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Snark.

The rule book has been out less than three weeks and they are already on their second Errata (including the errata they included with the book itself).

From a cursory glance they seem to have resolved some of the interesting questions i8th Edition posed

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-10, 11:05 AM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Could someone explain the new Steadfast to me? I've no idea how it works anymore.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-10, 11:47 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you have more ranks then any enemy in base contact with you (regardless of whichside they are in) then you are stubborn- you take no penalties for losing combat on your break test (but can have +ves like skaven's +Ld for ranks). The new stubborn means you can use either your own Ld or the general's without penalty.
Additionally you can now reform even if you lose combat but it requires a repeat of the break test with modifiers, which are ignored by steadfast units.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-10, 08:17 AM

Durzod's Flag is: USA

They clarified it so you take no minuses for combat res, but do for any other modifiers. People were saying that steadfast ignored ALL modifiers (such as the daemonic banner that makes everybody in range -2 LD).

@Dave: Yeah, barely 2 weeks old and they're on their second update. I'd rather have waited a bit to get a solid product, especially at the price!

The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.
The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-10, 10:19 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

OMG Durzod you legend... I had read the FAQ and totally failed to realise that- they've made it just like 7th ed stubborn rather then ignore all penalties. Score, my skullmantle is still the best item in the ogre book (yay), gives me more of a chance against those insanely large block units (now if only I could bomb like daemons).

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-10, 11:17 AM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Hmm... I need to make a doomtotem BSB... Maybe make it look like a baseball bat the size of a horse and write "GW'S NERFBAT" on it... yeah, that should do the trick...

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-10, 01:47 PM

@ durzod 10 more for something double the size seems fair 2 me
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-10, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
OMG Durzod you legend... I had read the FAQ and totally failed to realise that- they've made it just like 7th ed stubborn rather then ignore all penalties. Score, my skullmantle is still the best item in the ogre book (yay), gives me more of a chance against those insanely large block units (now if only I could bomb like daemons).
Actually, this means that the Death lore is going to be perfect for breaking those large blocks. Snipe off the BSB, and then cast Doom and Darkness on them, and all of a sudden they're right back to crap leadership. Good call by GW.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode