Got my collectors edition today!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-10, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Got my collectors edition today!!

Well i was one of the crazy 3500 people to hand over a shed load for the collectors edition, and i have to say its bloody nice! Its getting on for about 3 inch thick, the pages are like card,it weighs a ton, its sewn together.

Had a little flick through, looks nice, im getting the impression that we are gonna see a push towards an appocalypse style FB game as massed armies seem to be everywere and the amount of times skaven and high elves are featured is pretty astounding.

is it worth the money? depends if you want to use it as a rule book or a reference book, I bought it because i will sit and read it on an evening and refer to it plus my brother will shit bricks when he sees it and cant get one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-10, 12:58 PM

nocturnalK's Flag is: England

lol, yeah the collectors editions of the rules books are nice :D.. im supprised they only release 3500 for the warhammer book, they released 4000 for the 40k book
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 06:07 AM

Shadow Hawk's Flag is: United Kingdom

I got standard one yesterday, I think spending 75 on any book is too much. I like it how they had to put a little correction leaflet in it, lazy gits. I also hate it how they say 'roll a dice' instead of 'roll a die', it annoys me so much. Apart from that and some rules it is an excellent book.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 06:48 AM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm still just going to wait and see if one comes in the starter pack in september.

Don't get me wrong the books are really nice, but way too expensive if you know all the basics already, all the bits after the rules are either pictures or filler for the most part.

The roll a dice is due to both the writers and target audience, they don't want to confuse a young kid
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 08:35 AM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

I think the BRB could have been shorter, very often you'll find that they explain a rule three times over in two paragraphs, instead of being plain and simple (well it is simple but you have to fight your way through whole forests of bullshit which can be exhausting I tell you). And the amount of pictures... goodness. Oh and I recommend checking the Slaughter at Volganof, especially the photos of the armies... makes Apocalypse look like a sci-fi playground in comparison.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just been reading the terrain section, very impressed with it, some very nice things included.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 03:34 PM

same i got 2 though 1 for me and 1 as a pension lol you thought 75 quid was expensive in a few months they will be worth around 150 200 quid
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-10, 07:56 PM

Ah I really wanted to grab one, but I spent my army on a couple new steg's....

So its waiting on the Little Rule books to go up for sale, for me.

www.mi40k.com For Michigan 40k Tournaments
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-10, 10:57 PM

Phil73805's Flag is: United Kingdom

I spent 75 on the gamers edition which I'm really chuffed with. I've played more Warhammer in the last few days that in the 17 years I've been in the hobby. The collectors edition looks really gorgeous but after buying a leatherbound 40K rulebook which now takes up space to no purpose I took the long view and went with the regular edition which is book enough for me

...Anyone buy that story? Quite convincing I think

It's partially true but the other half of the story is that they were long gone when I came to preorder my rulebook, D'OH!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode