Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

New Skaven Army book at Gamesday???

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  forestreverie 
#1 ·
Does anyone in the know if the new Skaven Army Book will be available to either buy or view at Gamesday UK or even any of the miniatures will be the same.

#2 ·
No. There's been nothing on the new skaven. Space Wolves have just been released.

If it's Games Day next year, then maybe. it's expected to be winter when the next codex/army list is released (which IIRC, could be any of Beasts of Chaos, Skaven or Tomb Kings).

#5 ·
yeah, i checked, it says, "the end of 2009 willl see the rise of the ratmen" and "keep your eyes peeled for November's edition of white dwarf for more details". So definately due november / december time, I don't know about being available at games day though, although im sure we'll get to see previews of the models

#15 ·
The Skaven are the main feature in next month's White Dwarf (359) so November seems the best bet to me.

Ah, I see Games Workshops ploy now -

"Our magazine is shit, so we'll release unique information so people have to pay £50 a year to buy a catalgoue."

In that case, my bad. Maybe.
The Magazine is decidely better than the catalogue, since the latter never tells you the prices.

#6 ·
Ah, I see Games Workshops ploy now -

"Our magazine is shit, so we'll release unique information so people have to pay £50 a year to buy a catalgoue."

In that case, my bad. Maybe.

#8 ·
Bring on the Doomwheel! Can't wait for my ratmen to gain a few pounds of muscle.

I have seen tonnes of lists of things people think will be brought in, most of which seem pretty far-fetched to me, but WD said "expect to see...the return of some classic skaven artifice..." sounds like a doomwheel to me!

#9 · (Edited)
Im fairly convinced that the ratwheel has been confirmed somewhere in clear text, just cant remember where...

About Skavens and GD that sounds like a very likely event. SWs are confirmed and more or less already exposed in their full might. Skavens would defo do good with a big nice "news splash promotion" there, and Id be quite suprized if that doesnt happen :)

#13 ·
I didn't want to start a new thread for a tiny question, so I'll just ask it here: are the current models going to be replaced by new ones? I'm curious because I've been thinking of getting into Fantasy too and I really love the Skaven. :)

#14 ·
i think the clanrats definatley are, but so far they're the only models i've seen. but theres nothing to stop you going out and buying a lod of the current ones before they go out of stock. would be quite cool to use the current ones as Clanrats and the new ones as Clanrat Slaves, as they seem to look a lot weedier IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.