Verminlord: - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

NagashKhemmler's Flag is: Australia

Default Verminlord:

Who would like to see it back for the skaven in their upcoming codex?

I really liked the model and in spite of its age, it still looks really sweet. So out of you there who thought it looked cool? Who liked its rules/states/appearance/fluff etc.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 09:05 AM

Vaul's Flag is: New Zealand

I'd like to see it back myself. It shouldn't be a special character, just something that counts as a lord choice which you can only have one of. You should be able to specialize what kind of upgrades it gets, some of them should enhance nearby troops. It needs to have solid mechanical differences to greater daemons etc. Great concept and model.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 09:25 AM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hell yes! The Verminlord was one of my favourite models (and background character fluff) from the entire Warhammer range at the time. I didn't much like Skaven, but I almost would have got the army just for him. I am pleased to see the Doomwheel is back on the cards too, with the Verminlord they really made the Skaven stand out and added a lot of interest I thought.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 12:16 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

in the fantasy deamons army book, there is mention of thanqual (the grey seer SC) trying to summon one, and summoning skarbrand instead. so my guess is, yes its back.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

NagashKhemmler's Flag is: Australia

That sounds awesome, I'll have to strip mine down and repaint it :D. I always felt it added a unique flavour to the skaven, although like all 'special' characters (although he isn't technically...) should be used sparingly. He added an interesting dynamic to the skaven force in my opinion.

Last edited by NagashKhemmler; 05-07-09 at 01:17 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 03:39 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have some noos over the Vermin Lord.

It's gonna be back in a big way apparently - as an Avatar of the Horned Rat. Apparently it's a Lord Choice, with the stats equivalent to a Greater Daemon of Khorne tooled up. It is a Level 2 Spell Caster, knowing all of the Skaven Lore spells. Main thing though.

He isn't a special character.

However, with the points, he's going to be prohibitive to have more than one of - you'll probably only be able to field 2-300 Skaven Slaves, otherwise. Also it stops you from fielding a Grey Seer in 2000-2999 limit games, which have access to hugely powerful magic (equivalent to what the Nurgle and Tzeentchian Lores are for Mortals and Daemons). Warlords just don't have a place, other than for making Stormvermin a core choice (which get Halberds and Str 5).

This is from my usual source, but again, no ETA. However, there's not any news he's had yet on Beasts, so the idea that they are being used to counter the Lizardmen and coming out in Novermber/December. No news on Doom Wheel, although there is a hint he dropped over Vilebroth Null, and his 'Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes', fit for all those who like Gotrek and Felix (but no Skaven Driven Steam Tanks, unfortunately).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-09, 08:02 AM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
(but no Skaven Driven Steam Tanks, unfortunately).
bugger. that would be fun.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode