which is better, Skaven or High Elves? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

zas240's Flag is: Wales

Default which is better, Skaven or High Elves?

I like hordes and elites, but in your opinion which is better? Also bear in mind that I will be able to obtain a Skaven battalion for 25 from a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
They are going to be called in to righteously kick the shit out of deamons and heretics before fucking off back to Titan for tea and crumpets, leaving the chaos gods thinking "I fucking hate those guys"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 11:28 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Firstly, if you like hordes and elites go with Skaven, because the High Elves sacrifices the ability to put lots of troops on the table for a slight bonus in the Elites category.

Secondly, High Elves aren't very forgiving on the board. They are very, very hard to get the hang of and will probably frustrate you more often than not.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 11:31 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

sounds like your mind is already made up,not sure why your asking the question.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-09, 06:35 AM

High elves by far trust me skaven are very weak, high elves on the other hand....very very strong army
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-09, 10:10 AM
retiye2's Flag is: New Zealand

at the moment, skaven will have a new book "fingers crossed" by the end of the year along with beastmen, then that may be a new story...

Captain Galus: that was true for the last book for certain but now with army wide asf I am not so sure... they have lost a lot of tactics and looking afterness as you say...
ha I just plonk myself infront of you! charge my white lions I will kill you first anyway muhahahahahahaha
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-09, 02:39 PM
Ascendant Valor's Flag is: USA

Retiye: Captain Galus is, in fact, correct. ASF is not an "instant win" device. Sure, it makes our troops pretty damn hard, but it's nothing to crap your pants about.

That said, the reason the High Elves are so tricky to play with is because Static Combat Resolution is not in our favor, just about ever. So, the best way to overcome that is to use tact. That's more easily said than done, by the way.

"In the eyes of the Elves of Ulthuan there exists no fear, only grim determination.

Until one has witnessed them in combat, one cannot comprehend the power that they possess."
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 08:07 AM
retiye2's Flag is: New Zealand

dont get me wrong, high elves are still a very technical army, but there was a big out cry from the high elf community no less about the asf. It just takes away the needing to charge factor and therefore a bit of skill from the movement phase, I never said that high elves are overpowered because of it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-09, 08:31 PM

The only way to make skaven any good, makes them a total nightmare to play agenst. It is by far the most hated army in the game next to deamons.

I play them both, because I hate the people i play.

5+ ratling guns, 2 warp cannons, 20 jezz, 4 warp engeneers = no fun for anyone to play.

High elfs if you like a quality tactical win.

Skaven if you like making the other player quick early.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-09, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

zas240's Flag is: Wales

Thanks guys, any way I went for Skaven. (I just love the ratty look of them all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
They are going to be called in to righteously kick the shit out of deamons and heretics before fucking off back to Titan for tea and crumpets, leaving the chaos gods thinking "I fucking hate those guys"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode