Want to make a dogs of war army - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-09, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Doombull's Flag is: England

Default Want to make a dogs of war army

I always have ideas whirling in my head and i have come to a conclusion on a fluffy army that i would enjoy.

This may come as a surprise but i want to a dogs of war army using the rules that do not have regiments of renown, but i would also like to have some models represent solders from Cathay.

The first thing i would like to know is if the dogs of war codex can be used in GW run tournaments.

The next thing is how can i make a dogs of war army, i am thinking using empire spear men with a longer shaft to make the pikes and dark elf crossbows for the crossbows.

The next thing is what units could be Cathay models, i was thinking the heroes, the duellists and the cavalry could be converted but i would like to know how

Thanks in advance for any input people will give
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 04:22 AM

I don't think a Dogs Of War army would be legal in a GW tournament as their last list was in Ravening hordes I believe. As for making models Empire would be a great place to start, but you can also check Ebay for the old Regiments Of Renown box sets. That would be easier than converting everything. I was just talking to a good mate of mine about how valid this would be as an army. Glad to see someone else thinking along those lines. I like the idea, and good luck with it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Doombull's Flag is: England

Ye i love the idea of a dogs of war army
Apparently it can be used as it is a printed codex, also i have got a conversion video from a guy from warseer
Thanks for your input i will ask a GW staff tommorow and find out if i will do it

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 04:24 AM

Stuntiesrule's Flag is: USA

yeah I am pretty sure sadly that they are no longer GW tourney legal, but if you want to play them for fun they are not all that overpowered and most people would probably be willing to throw down against them.

Please Help Level My Daemons. See which one will level faster, will Papa Nurgle get his way, or will the Prince of Pleasure rule?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode