Vaul's Tomb King battle reports: Pics, Commentary (Audio), and Video - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-09, 04:26 PM

Tell your friend to play his skaven army next time RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-09, 07:35 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

I enjoyed watching your two battles against the Dark Elves, especially considering I collect Dark Elves. Good stuff.

post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-03-09, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Vaul's Flag is: New Zealand

Tomb Kings vs Skaven!

This was my first ever encounter with Skaven, period. I'm glad I did, they are a really good time. Made some serious mistakes, ones I won't make next time now that I have seen how skaven work in practice. This was a good game.

1-
2-

Below: Gutter Runners avoid stacked Tomb Kings defenders thanks to a lucky scatter dice, putting them in an ideal location to assassinate the casket liche. But they fail their terror test, and run for it.

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-03-09, 04:56 PM

Go Rats!!!!!!!!
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

In days past, the land of Khemri was once ruled by many proud and might Kings. Only Settra, the greatest King of Khemri, was able to unite them. But old rivalries die hard - even after the catastrophic events of the sorceror Nagash, the old kings of Khemri arise to do war: against each other.

1-
2-

Below: Unstoppable Assault

post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-05-09, 06:10 PM

As i'm just putting together my first Whfb army, the Druchii, these reports are helping me wrap my head around the differences from 40k.

+ rep
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-06-09, 04:10 AM

So so glad you keep doing these, seriously they are the only battle reports i ever watch or read well just plain watch GJ!!!
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Double update today. Had some High Elves over at my place, bringing in my debut yellow desert gaming table. Photos aren't quite as clear under artificial light, but you can see what is going on. Elf out deploys and out-manouvers me, but someone forgot to tell him that superior generalship has nothing on superior dice rolling.

1-
2-

Below: Dragon princes have a lot of things going for them: good stats, good armour, good item options... but one thing that they don't have is; THEIR SOULS!

Next game features the Bretonnians. My first time against Brets, actually turned out to be a real good'un. I actually trialled a MUCH softer list for this one, only one liche, no casket, took another chariot prince instead. Nothing cheesy about that!

p1 -
p2 -

Below: The General uses the wyrmlance to unleash a fiery gout of flame over my skeletons!

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 06:47 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

too bad about those chariots being held up by measly yeomen. Gawd I hate them!! Though you should probably have just nailed 'em for effect with the chariots, could maybe have over run into the knights! Oh well man, great reports!!

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-09, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Tomb Kings vs The Empire, heavy on Artillery, light on characters.

1 -
2 -

Below: How many in short range?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode