What the fuck is with these fucking rules?? Are we suddenly children? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Default What the fuck is with these fucking rules?? Are we suddenly children?

Seriously? Are these rules actually legit? They aren't some massive April Fools joke?

The Grail Vow: You can re-roll all failed to hit rolls for this unit, if before rolling the dice, you hold aloft a grail or goblet and shout 'for the lady' in a heroic voice

EDIT: This has to be GW trolling right? These aren't actually serious?

Last edited by Angel of Blood; 07-06-15 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 12:21 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Seriously? Are these rules actually legit? They aren't some massive April Fools joke?

The Grail Vow: You can re-roll all failed to hit rolls for this unit, if before rolling the dice, you hold aloft a grail or goblet and shout 'for the lady' in a heroic voice

What the actual fuck is that? Are they trying to make us look like desperate virgins who have lost any shred of dignity or self-semblance of being a normal functioning human being? Fuck this AOS to death
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"BIG NEWS: There is not going to be a big rule book. However, there is already in the worls a set of rules for competetive and tournament play.

Points dont matter so much, because everything will be based on scenarios. There will be - his words - literally hundreds. You will never need to play the same scenario twice.

Added to this there are dozens of campaigns in the works, all of which will expand on the rules and warscrolls available.

Additionally, the 'silly' special rules already seen in the warscroll releases have been done as a homage to older characters and units. These are not due to continue going forward.

So - no BRB, but there will be rules for competition. Oh, and list building is now avcomplished througj working out the sinergy between wars rolls. As you dont have to pay for equiptment anymore, and optimizing is therefore out the window, getting units to work more efficiently is all accomplished through which warscrolls you choose and how they can make the units around them better."
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

So if I went down to GW today and someone tried to use any of those stupid rules...? I can just ignore them?

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 12:42 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
So if I went down to GW today and someone tried to use any of those stupid rules...? I can just ignore them?
Pretty sure you can easily say "Lets ignore the stupid rules" and people would say "Aye". The other ruleset isn't out yet, but I see it more as a rule addition to play with your friends - Not against strangers.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Some of my favorite (most hated) rules:

Vermin Lord / Grey Seer (cant remember which): Roll a 13 on 2d6, you automatically win the game.
Seems impossible right? Nope, Karios Fateweaver allows you to set a roll to any number you want.

Konrad Von Carstien: If you talk to Konrad in the hero phase, reroll to hit. If he talks back to you: Reroll to hit and wound.

Masque of Slaanesh: If you dance you get a reroll, if your opponent dances with you, reroll to hit and wounds.

Bloodwrack Medusa: When fighting in close combat, if your opponent looks you in the eye: +1 / reroll.

Yeah, there is no way im touching Age of Sigmar even if the Dark Gods themselves offered to make me a Daemon Prince no strings attached.

Sticking to 8th and 8.5 edition thank you very much.

Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries

Victory is nothing more than survival.
It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers. - Khyron, First Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 08:15 PM

What's wrong with a couple of funny rules as such? Like any rules you don't *have* to follow them if you opponent aggrees, and if they insist you do them then simply don't play them. Or don't hold up a grail and don't get your re-rolls.

This game isn't meant to be serious, otherwise people get bogged down finding loop holes in the rules, and if the main problem you have with AoS is that you have to hold a grail up for some re-rolls then you are doing pretty well.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 09:29 PM

Ensanguined Priest's Flag is: Scotland

Personally, I love what i've seen so far.

Im the kind of player who gives a 'Waaagh' when charging, and trades in-character banter in challenges - this sense of fun appeals to me, rather than the more serious nature of WHFB. I am currently more excited than ever at the idea of battling in the Old World!

I get that a lot (lot lot lot) of people won't like AoS, but its like the RP world; no-ones gonna force you to play this 'edition' - chances are, if you don't like it then your regular gaming buddies aren't the kind to either, and you can just go on playing what you like.

Only the Fearful fear Fear.

Wait, what?
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
The Emperor Protects

There's not being serious then there's............this. I can't quite cringe enough.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 09:47 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

God forbid anyone has a laugh while playing.

Warhammer, serious business.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-15, 10:07 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

The Kairos/Screaming Bell thing has already become a 'thing' on some other groups.

I've been watching people trying to abuse legit rules... a MASSIVE debate right now is that you can start the game with just Nagash, get outnumbered bonuses, and then use Nagash to summon every undead, because one way to interpret the rules is that he knows every summon spell on every battle scroll.

Oh, and then there's the High Elf Prince on a Griffon that is supposed to be able to attack more than Imrik, because he gets all of his lance attacks, all of his sword attacks, then all of his griffon beak attacks and all of his claw attacks.

On the other hand, I love the High Elf 3-dragon formation, because dragons were why I played Fantasy to start. The 'Haughty' joke rule is good for a laugh or two.

Magic: the Gathering made three entire sets of joke cards.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode