What the fuck is with these fucking rules?? Are we suddenly children? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 07:35 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
Guys, it's just a game. There really is no need to get so worked up about it. Ranting and swearing is more childish than the game itself.
Also remember that everything that GW produces is for kids, it's just that adults play it too.
No, its for miniature collectors. thats a bit broader a target audience then "kids"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 08:09 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 08:36 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Ya know what, I started writing out a post but actually, I just don't care.

Rant about joke rules on the internet all you like. As long as it makes you feel better.

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 11:29 AM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
No, its for miniature collectors. thats a bit broader a target audience then "kids"
Ok, I don't want to get into arguments about semantics. But in reality, how many adults, who have never played any GW game, or been involved in anything to do with GW become GW miniature collectors?
It does have a broader appeal than just for kids, but only really for adults that are already invested in the franchise.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, I don't want to get into arguments about semantics. But in reality, how many adults, who have never played any GW game, or been involved in anything to do with GW become GW miniature collectors?
It does have a broader appeal than just for kids, but only really for adults that are already invested in the franchise.
Not that its a huge thing but certainly when I was younger as far as I was aware GW said Warhammer was aimed at 13+ so mainly teenagers and older. But your right I certainly don't know many people that picked it up cold after the age of 18

I really don't understand what is achieved by raging about rules that you don't have to use. 'Oh no its not competitive at all'. I'm sorry but GW stopped producing competitive games as soon as 6th ed 40k hit if not earlier. Not a single person will force you to use those rules, why not try actually playing the game first? As I said if its the funny rules that are the problem then you are doing better than most.

I would expect people to be raging about the lack of points or balancing mechanic as that will have a non-superficial effect on the game. Having to discuss your list and balance your armies beforehand is a pain and wastes time, and pick up games are all but gone. But you don't want to talk to your minitaures to get a bonus? Fine its simple - DON'T!!

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 12:46 PM
Feed

What's the problem? If you're dedicated enough to talk to your models or dance to gain extra rules, you deserve them.

Let's instigate house rules; Form an emotional bond with your models and you can cut yourself with a hobby knife in lieu of them taking wounds.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 01:25 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Let's instigate house rules; Form an emotional bond with your models and you can cut yourself with a hobby knife in lieu of them taking wounds.
Slaanesh would be pleased.
But that would lead to others rules "You can add D6 wouonds to the enemy unit if you stab the opponent with a hobby knife". That would be a very Khornesque rule.
or even a Nurgle one : "For every scab you peel off from your body, you may reroll a dice. For every zit you squeeze off your body, you may add +1 to any roll"
And a tzeentch one... "If you successfully deceived your opponent letting them think that the game was another day/another place, you automatically win the game, since no one can contest your victory."

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 02:02 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
unless either of us actually have statistics. it would be pointless for both of us to argue the point.
its a matter of opinion that only adults that are already invested in the franchise to get into it propper.

I have experienced quite a lot of adults and young adults getting invested into the hobby and the franchise from 18 year old and onward. and at most having glanced at GW products at some point of their lives.

I actually do not think I have ever seen anyone younger then 17/18 in a GW store or an independent retailer. might just be coincidence or local demographics tho. I usualy play in a big college and university student city.

Last edited by Haskanael; 07-07-15 at 02:32 PM.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 03:02 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Ignore the silly rules, or continue to play last edition, no one is stopping that. Or Oldhammer, or Kings of War. Or wait for the extra rules sets that aren't silly, that they say they're producing. And the names changing are so they can be copy writable.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 06:03 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Making them copy write protected makes sense until you realise that what they're being changed to no-one wants to copywrite. Plus, the names are hardly copywritable, they're becoming Different because different because.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode