Warhammer: Archaon - The Final Battle - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-21-15, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
They could conceivably continue to mine the old setting even as they make a new setting.
Gav Thorpe told me that he was told Black Library will still be publishing Warhammer Fantasy novels, though he wasn't sure exactly what they'd be about and in what format exactly. But there will still be Warhammer in the future.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 05:16 AM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

WFB and Chaos is the ENTIRE reason I got into Warhammer. 40K -- it's my "red-headed-stepchild" of a game. I'm bitter about the loss of the fantasy world that I've loved for almost 20 years (yeah, yeah ... I'm an old frack...). But there is a sliver of excitement (no where near as big as the bitterness ) for what 9th Ed will bring. But if it's anything like End Times where the armies get bunched together into factions ...

And seriously!?!?!? No revamp of the Beasts before 8th leaves!?!?!? One of my favorite armies...

Personally - 90% bitter ... 10% hopefull

While I give a lot of credit to GW for finally going through w/ "Storm of Chaos 2.0" and pushing the big delete button in the sky ... if 9th turns into 40K-lite or WFB just gets absorbed into 40K ... I'll be looking for a new game system/company.

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-15, 07:19 PM
Craw-Daddy

I feel its a chance to reboot the world and grab more fans. Perhaps GW has been changing lore more and more so the new generation of fans feel more included.

I thought it was fricken awesome in the beginning. Like wow. Thanks LoftN. I'm buying the damn thing and reading it. I was like excited every step of the way. The ending though... again, I guess it gives way for a reboot. But like everyone who's played it for a long time... its like really... All of a sudden everything is done.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-15, 07:32 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Recent rulours point to a three game combined thing. Age of sigmar, age if steel, then the end times. Looks like it will be pretty interesting
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-15, 08:03 PM
Craw-Daddy

Wow! Absolutely wow! I feel like suddenly been hit in the head by bat? Like... who, what, why?
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-15, 08:07 PM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Now the question is what comes next?

The interesting thing here is that following the success of the heresy 30k setting, GW is likely aware they can create new content for discrete sections of the world and it can work for the setting.

In other words 30k is already "over" but within the timeline GW can write new content.

They could conceivably continue to mine the old setting even as they make a new setting.
I wonder if they can incorporate backwards worlds in the 40/30K realm. I think its interesting how the Chaos Gods really influenced and intervened in this latest story.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-15, 12:30 AM

My personal theory is that the lore is going to shift to rebuilding the Warhammer World. Meaning, this new presence we are introduced to at the end of the last ET book will be a solitary god of goodness (Sigmar maybe), trying to reconstruct the world that Chaos obvious collapsed. This will catch the Chaos Gods attention, infuriate them, and unleash Archaon, the Glottkin, etc., to try to push back against Sigmar/the good God. The "bubbles" we heard about (God I hate calling them that) will be more like, pieces of real space that have been put back together, that Chaos wants to break apart again, and so on.

Nice to discuss this without the internets usual funhouse mirrors over reaction garbage babble, by the way.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-15, 04:36 AM
Craw-Daddy

I'm not sure if they could incorporate the same characters and not have people rolling their eyes. I'm sure some maybe used again. However, I almost feel like they may be killing off the Fantasy realm or putting it in limbo.

I just don't see how changing the Fantasy realm right now would actually increase sales. The 80's and 90's generations are slowly getting away from the hobby completely and there isn't any fantasy movement in the movies or TV series. The only thing I can think of is Game of Thrones. Though it would be interesting if the next Conan movie would be the first of many fantasy films being introduced in the next five years.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-30-15, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
I'm not sure if they could incorporate the same characters and not have people rolling their eyes. I'm sure some maybe used again. However, I almost feel like they may be killing off the Fantasy realm or putting it in limbo.

I just don't see how changing the Fantasy realm right now would actually increase sales. The 80's and 90's generations are slowly getting away from the hobby completely and there isn't any fantasy movement in the movies or TV series. The only thing I can think of is Game of Thrones. Though it would be interesting if the next Conan movie would be the first of many fantasy films being introduced in the next five years.
I know what you mean, fantasy, while appealing to people like us, has sorta of dwindled. You have the hobbit movies, GOT, and that's about it as far as media goes. My thoughts are GW sort of realize this, and are injecting some steroids into the fantasy setting, drawing influence from what made 40k so popular, a shattered world, strained tensions, that sort of thing. I suspect that the next fantasy world we see, will be like a broken reflection of the past one. Sort of like how the Outlands ended up in WoW as opposed to what it was like in WC2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode