Wow Nagash - Big Spoilers - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-02-14, 09:34 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
The info in Nagash says that Finubar is currently meditating in the Tower of Heaven, looking for a way to ensure the Elves survive the End Times. Teclis and Tyrion are directing the Asur in his and the Everqueen's abscence.

I think that Malekith will play a role in things to come, but he won't be why Tyrion draws Widowmaker. It will be hate. Pure and uncompromising hate, and that hate will be directed at the traitor who sold his daughter to monsters who tortured and murdered her for her power. Tyrion loved Alarielle enough to sire Aliathra with her, and he clearly loved his little girl enough that he was prepared to risk Ulthuan and the Asur just so he could have a chance to rescue her. When he finds out that it was his own twin who damned her... in my opinion even Malekith's hatred for the Asur will pale in comparison to Tyrion's hate for Teclis. He will stop caring that Widowmaker will damn the Asur, draw it for a dark purpose, and fulfill the Curse of Aenarion.

LotN
Half of me hopes you're right and half hopes you're wrong.

The latter half doesn't want Ulthuan to be torned apart by civil war while a daemonic horde assaults it's borders.

The other half thinks that'd be sooo cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 07:33 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ok I have finished The Fall of Altdorf, and goddamn!! In the final pages of this book, it doesn't matter if you play Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Orcs or Beastmen. As a human being, you can't help but glory in what happens in that last chapter before the epilogue, it's one of the most epic events in all of Warhammer. I think it can be summed up like this; 'Humanity finally gives Chaos the middle finger and says enough.'

I will compile the notable events by factions involved;

Bretonnia
-King Louen Leoncouer was revealed to have survived his battle with Mallobaude and returned, only to find himself dethroned. Speaking with the Lady of the Lake he decided to lead an Errantry Crusade into Altdorf to support the Empire. He and his army managed to make great gains, and Louen himself fought and slew Ku'gath the Plaguefather with the aid of a Sister of Shallya, however he was killed afterwards by Festus the Leechlord. His soul then joined Karl Franz's as he ascended.
-The Hippogryph Beaquis was killed fighting Ku'gath.
-It is hinted that the Lady of the Lake and Shallya might be the same God. Either way the Lady is fighting her own war, and though heartbroken at the death of her favourite servant, she is still a potent force in the world.

The Empire
-Marienburg and Carroburg have been levelled by the Glottkin. Talabheim's status is unknown as is Middenheim's. And the Stir has been practically emptied by Vlad von Carstein, ironically to gather undead warriors to support the Empire at Altdorf.
-It's speculation here, but with the ravaging and corruption of most of the Empire's forests, it seems as if Taal is out of the game.
-Kurt Helborg is dead, slain by Otto Glott in a final epic duel.
-Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Luthor Huss and Valten are still MIA from the battle against Crom the Conquerer and Walach Harkon. Ghal Maraz is with Valten. Elector Countess Emmanuelle von Liebwitz fought at Altdorf and her status is unknown, as is the fate of two other Electors.
-Karl Franz was slain by Otto Glott at the Altar of Sigmar, and in doing so Otto fulfilled a prophecy that allowed Karl Franz to ascend. The spirit of every Emperor and every human hero, even non-Imperials, has gathered in Karl Franz who has become something more than human. With a single gesture he annihilated the Glottkin in a wave of golden, burning light and with them every single Chaos tainted soul in Altdorf, an army that was described as being immensely bigger than Asavar Kul's legendary horde, and every single undead and Daemon as well. Altdorf was also cleansed by the light, banishing Nurgle's influence from the mortal world for now.
-Altdorf is destroyed. The Emperor's Palace still stands, as does the Temple of Shallya, and likely some other structures of note, but the city itself is rubble and will likely never be rebuilt.

Warriors of Chaos
-The Glott Brothers are dead, and because they were killed at the Altar of Sigmar, their souls are trapped there and can never return to Nurgle.
-None of the Glottkin's army survived the rebirth of Karl Franz. Three armies that together were so large that even Asavar Kul's horde paled in comparison have been annihilated.
-Festus the Leechlord snuck into Altdorf and raised Ku'gath the Plaguefather, but when Louen Leoncouer slew the Daemon Festus finally entered the battle and fatally wounded the former King of Bretonnia. He was then turned into a tree by Vlad von Carstein moments before he could deal the final blow. It is unknown if Festus's soul managed to reach Nurgle, but given the manner of his death and the nature of his killer, I doubt it.
-Nurgle's power is confirmed to have skyrocketed due to the rise in necromancy, misery and death across the world. He is now the strongest Chaos God, though how the death of practically every powerful servant he had and the banishment of his most powerful Daemons will affect that has yet to be seen.

Vampire Counts
-Walach Harkon is very very dead. Needless to say, pissing off Vlad was not a good idea.
-Vlad von Carstein's goals have been revealed. He plans on becoming the Elector Count of Sylvania and joining the Empire, though how that will go down with Karl Franz Ascended has yet to be seen, he also wants to search the Reikland for Isabella's corpse so that he can raise her. Vlad himself destroyed the notable town of Wurtbad and depopulated the Stir to add to his army. He fought at Altdorf and was responsible for the deaths of Festus the Leechlord and very nearly Otto Glott, but alas made the mistake of licking a drop of Otto's tainted blood from his sword in a reflexive gesture. He was forced to retreat, but because of that survived the ascension of Karl Franz where his army did not.
-Mundvard the Cruel is dead, killed by Ethrac Glott as the Vampires attempted to defend the Imperial Palace.
-It has been revealed that Nagash's powers are not as great as he claims, as when Vlad told Nagash that Karl Franz was dead, Nagash revealed that a veil hung over Franz's fate and that even he couldn't see through it.

An epic book from start to finish. The End Times is getting more and more exciting with each new piece of information we get. I can't wait for book three, to see how the Elves are doing. Here's hoping that the rumour about them finally proving they are not a race of good is wrong.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #73 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 10:05 AM

Sounds awesome. I read the bit about Karl Franz elsewhere. There's a thread in the Rumours section with a (poor) leaked picture of his Ascended rules.

The real surprise is Vlad though. He wants to join the Empire!? It's very rare you ever see 'evil' characters turn to 'good', it's practically always the other way around.

post #74 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 11:04 AM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

not sure but in the new gotrek book dosent it say vlad was sent to help the empire by nagash to help stem chaos? does it expand on this in the new book?
post #75 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

He does help them, but first he kills as many humans as he can so he can raise them to do as he says.

Story is getting a little weird with Karl Franz, also what's the point of Valten being about if Karl Franz ends up becoming the embodiment of Sigmar. Every time I think I have my army down something new pops up.
post #76 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 05:16 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Behold, The God-King;

And His Wrath;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
He does help them, but first he kills as many humans as he can so he can raise them to do as he says.

Story is getting a little weird with Karl Franz, also what's the point of Valten being about if Karl Franz ends up becoming the embodiment of Sigmar. Every time I think I have my army down something new pops up.
The clue is Valten's title, The Herald of Sigmar. Valten is Karl Franz's champion and herald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamodai View Post
The real surprise is Vlad though. He wants to join the Empire!? It's very rare you ever see 'evil' characters turn to 'good', it's practically always the other way around.
Vlad has most definitely NOT turned good, he is still a cruel vampiric despot who wishes to see the strong rule and the weak put in their place as their servants/food. He wishes to become an Elector Count so that his rule over Sylvania is recognized and he can put his mind to better things than waging war against the Empire for a country that's... well a shithole. Even he admits that. And on the road to help the Empire at Altdorf he murders thousands of Imperial citizens to grow his army, the notable town of Wurtbad has been levelled and all the towns/villages along the Stir have been depopulated.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #77 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Behold, The God-King;

And His Wrath;

Epic.

Quote:

Vlad has most definitely NOT turned good, he is still a cruel vampiric despot who wishes to see the strong rule and the weak put in their place as their servants/food. He wishes to become an Elector Count so that his rule over Sylvania is recognized and he can put his mind to better things than waging war against the Empire for a country that's... well a shithole. Even he admits that. And on the road to help the Empire at Altdorf he murders thousands of Imperial citizens to grow his army, the notable town of Wurtbad has been levelled and all the towns/villages along the Stir have been depopulated.

LotN
That's much more believable than it first sounded. Thanks for straightening it out.
post #78 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Is the Dark Elf/High Elf book confirmed yet? I heard it could be called Malekith but I recently heard it might now be called Khaine.

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 11-03-14 at 09:48 PM.
post #79 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-03-14, 10:19 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Is the Dark Elf/High Elf book confirmed yet? I heard it could be called Malekith but I recently heard it might now be called Khaine.
http://natfka.blogspot.fr/2014/10/th...-book-iii.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1849709408/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Rumours atm, but rumours that are likely true.

LotN

post #80 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-04-14, 02:46 AM

I haven't touched ends time because I dislike the idea of Nagash binding all undead to his will, but YES ELVES CAN BECOME VAMPIRES!!!!! SO MANY FRIGGING CONVERSIONS! Sorry. Haven't been able to afford or borrow (mainly do to the fact I'm the guy everyone borrows fantasy stuff from, I'm my groups lore master) a copy of the End times books, but doesn't the end times begin hundreds of years after the rule book. Anyone know if the end times VC models will become part of the next ed, 9th (?), or will they expand the 9th ed rule book to contain the end times timeline.....sigh please no I don't want to rethink my entire VC, still wip, fluff? Or my pessimism coming true and this being the death knell of WFB?

Last edited by locustgate; 11-04-14 at 02:48 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode