Wow Nagash - Big Spoilers - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-04-14, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Goddamn. Everybody is coming back for this. Very old returning characters;

Heinrich Kemmler
Dieter Helsnicht
Walach Harkon
Luthor Harkon
Melkhior
Zacharias the Everliving
Vardek Crom
Tancred of Quenelles
Theoderic of Brionne

GW are digging out every single character they can for the End Times. Really nice to see that nobody will be forgotten.

LotN
Yep! Have you got the Heraldry of the Empire book? I think in the new book when describing regiments of Sylvania, it states Manfredd tended to rename the units so they were more befitting of their new nature, the only one he didn't have to was the "Death Heads" I could of swore the dead heads were that sigmarite witch hunter unit in the heraldry book.

Half of the current Tomb Kings heroes from the army book are also dead like Khatep and Nekaph and I think Rhamotep to, perhaps Apophas to, although he turned into beetles upon his death, I dunno whether Nagash properly killed him. Also funny is that when certain tomb kings died, they ended up ripping the Vampires who killed to shreds due to their curse which was funny. Happened to one of Mannfred's who Mannfred was just starting to "like" he saved Manfredd from the Tomb King only to be devoured by beetles heh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-04-14, 10:47 PM
Rattlehead

These fluff summaries are amazing, thanks for the hard work you're putting in!

A question on rules though - are the End Times rules an add-on for the game? My friend (who suspiciously plays Tomb Kings) insists that it's an add-on to the basic game like Stronghold Assault for 40k.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #43 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-04-14, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
These fluff summaries are amazing, thanks for the hard work you're putting in!

A question on rules though - are the End Times rules an add-on for the game? My friend (who suspiciously plays Tomb Kings) insists that it's an add-on to the basic game like Stronghold Assault for 40k.
It has additional rules for scenarios but according to the book the undead legion is suitable to play in normal fantasy games. Every indication is that it's an expansion of the fantasy basic game it says:

New Warhammer Rules: These are new rules you can use in any game of Warhammer that allows you to recreate haunted landcapes and underground battles. This section also includes the Lore of Undeath, a new spell lore that allows your wizards to wield the fell magics unleashed by Nagash.

Further down in the description it says "...These new models can be used in the scenarios described, or added to your existing collection and used with the rest of your army in any other games that you play."

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 09-04-14 at 10:57 PM.

post #44 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-04-14, 11:41 PM
Rattlehead

Oh, well, looks like Tomb Kings just became a totally redundant army book. Thanks for the info

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #45 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-04-14, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, well, looks like Tomb Kings just became a totally redundant army book. Thanks for the info
Well yes and no, tomb kings in the undead legion only have access to one of their heroes which is Khalida. They don't have Hierophants any more so no regen by default. You still need the army book since it has all the units and rules and magic items in it, so it's not totally redundant, to use the Undead Legion as a whole you still need both Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings army books.
post #46 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 09:40 AM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Well yes and no, tomb kings in the undead legion only have access to one of their heroes which is Khalida. They don't have Hierophants any more so no regen by default. You still need the army book since it has all the units and rules and magic items in it, so it's not totally redundant, to use the Undead Legion as a whole you still need both Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings army books.
I think being able to March and the removal of Crumbling when the Heirophant does is totally worth losing some characters. The Regen given by the Heirophant has almost never come into play when I've fought Tomb Kings as their units are completely incapable of standing up to Warriors of Chaos, regeneration or not. Add in the ability to cherry-pick units from Vampire Counts and I don't think TK can measure up to UL at all. Still - to each their own

post #47 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I think being able to March and the removal of Crumbling when the Heirophant does is totally worth losing some characters. The Regen given by the Heirophant has almost never come into play when I've fought Tomb Kings as their units are completely incapable of standing up to Warriors of Chaos, regeneration or not. Add in the ability to cherry-pick units from Vampire Counts and I don't think TK can measure up to UL at all. Still - to each their own
Yeah undoubtedly the Undead Legion is better, I was just saying there's still some use for the Tomb Kings book, albeit minor.
post #48 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Half of the current Tomb Kings heroes from the army book are also dead like Khatep and Nekaph and I think Rhamotep
What happenned to them then???Really good summaries by the way

Quote:
Further down in the description it says "...These new models can be used in the scenarios described, or added to your existing collection and used with the rest of your army in any other games that you play."
Huzzah I have more tactics against WoC more than attempting to run round them with chariots now!!

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #49 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 04:33 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

I'm just waiting for more of the old Chaos heroes to show up: Aekold Helbrass, Arbaal the Undefeated, Egrimm van Horstman, Dechala the Denied One, Count Mordrek the Damned, Valnir the Reaper, the daemon prince Azazel, the Lord of Change Amon 'chakai.

post #50 of 178 (permalink) Old 09-05-14, 05:22 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
What happenned to them then???Really good summaries by the way
Killed in battle. I finally got my hands on an Ecopy of the book and practically every Tomb King hero is dead in battle with Nagash's forces, except Settra who survived and Khalida who bent the knee.

Also a little tidbit we missed in the earlier summary, Seerlord Kritislik of the Skaven is dead. Killed by the Horned Rat for being weak. And that means a new Seerlord will rise, and I think it's pretty obvious who that's going to be.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode