Wow Nagash - Big Spoilers - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 07:34 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
What Gilles is dead to and Huss?
Gilles died/faked his death and was resurrected/became the Green Knight - but Louen is dead after trying to take on Ku'gath and a supercharged Festus during the Siege of Altdorf, while Huss/Valten were scattered to the east following the Emperor's presumed death at the hands of Walach Harkon in the opening of the Glottkin novel. What I meant about Gilles was his original "death" following his 12 great battles and being hailed as the uniter. Although that wasn't really fair - he was still a lord of Bretonnia before and was King for the years in between.

Following the presumed death of Countess von Leibwitz during the 2525 Invasion of Altdorf, that leaves a shattered empire heartland and north coast, the merchant/city of learning (Nuln) without a leader and the only remaining powerful city state being Middenheim, and that is not only cut off at the top of a mountain, but at risk of Skaven attacks from the sewers and catacombs, and Graf Todbringer is a fairly pious follower of Ulric and unlikely to welcome Super Saiyan Sigmar.

In regards to the souls, there is enough individuality there. The Ghoul Knight in the Nagash novel said as much - wanting just the end of everything. Not the end of everything and an eternity of existence under Nagash, but an ACTUAL end to all existence, to see the world barren and lifeless. Meanwhile Settra is reborn, IIRC, and Prince Apophas is scattered into his swarm of constituent bugs. I cannot remember what happened to the Liche character or the Necrotect character, but they were never fun.

Khalida actively gave herself to Nagash.

However, soul-wise, it's kind of cool that this is happening, and seeing it happen and evolve personally - not only being an old throwback to the Undead army, but to have its own character behind it. In regards to the army, the Tomb Kings themselves I found were utter gash, and stuck in the rut of being the grumpy old guy at the end of the lane who shouted "get off my lawn" every once in a while someone tried to rob his strawberries. Now they've got a reason to actually exist, rather than being morbid emo little bitches sat there lamenting what Nagash did nearly 7000 years before.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

The countess is not dead she was rescued, she's even one of the counts that's bothering Kurt Helborg.
post #153 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 07:56 PM
Vaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Following the presumed death of Countess von Leibwitz during the 2525 Invasion of Altdorf,
Notice the location. The invasion has happened. If Helborg died, it's likely she did as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,

post #154 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 08:24 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

It makes me see the Elves differently but they remain my favourite fantasy army. It changes how I would make up an army though. I'm not worried about tabletop prowess but from a fluff standpoint it adds whole new elements. I had enough trouble thinking of how I wanted to theme my army when it was just High Elves (almost as much as trying to pick a Space Marine Chapter), now it's tougher. I'm hoping once I actually manage to get a copy of the book things may become clearer to me.

Before reading this I thought that Teclis may have chosen to return to the Empire and take over from Gelt at the Collages of Magic. If that had been the case I'd have considered an Empire army instead but otherwise they just don't interest me.

On a slightly related note, here's a list of my favourite HE Characters in order and their current status:-

Eltharion the Blind - Retconned
Teclis - Missing
Korhil - Dead
Eltharion the Grim - Dead
Tyrion - Dead

So that hasn't gone too well for me .
post #155 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 08:36 PM
Vaz

Heh, my favourite one was Imrik, was sad he was cut from the High Elves 7th. Was a bit disappointed with his showing as a petulant little bitch in Book 1, but after reading that, I'm liking that he went out with a bang.

Quote:
post #156 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-02-14, 07:35 PM

For a Wood Elves fan, having just read the Orion series, I hated the Khaine book. It was basically a Malekith monologue. Orion, greatest hero of the wood elves battles Tyrion and dies, but it all happens in one sentence. Not even taking place in the battle. He's just a report given to Malekith, never actually seen in the book. Meanwhile the elves go to Athel Loren because "Athel Loren will welcome us, it always has." Which is... Incorrect. To say the least. It felt like the author had never read or heard anything about Wood Elves, but got to change their entire dynamic. That said I enjoyed the first two End Times books quite a bit.
post #157 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-02-14, 08:55 PM
Vaz

Welcome to Gav Thorpe.

Quote:
post #158 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-07-14, 03:55 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Some more info from Khaine, regarding Araloth's rescue mission;

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan
Lileath sends Araloth and Kalara on a dangerous journey; deep into the Realm of Chaos, to seek out Nurgle's mansion and rescue Shallya. During their travels, they form an alliance with a somewhat crazed human scholar who has evidently been given free reign to roam the Realms of Chaos unmolested - possibly Richter Kless, author of the Liber Chaotica. With his assistance, Araloth makes a brief foray into the Crystal Maze of Tzeentch and rescues an imprisoned sorcerer, who lends his sorcerous powers to their journey. Their group completes itself with the addition of a strangely accented giant-statured human, a knight in brilliant silver armor - this may be Kaldor Draigo. Together, they finally reach Nurgle's mansion, where the knight sacrifices himself to distract the guardian daemons so that the others can sneak into Nurgle's pox-kitchen. There, they rescue Shallya, but only with a sacrifice; Kalara has to remain behind and serve as the poxfulcrum, the daemon tester of Nurgle's plagues, or else Nurgle will realise that the goddess has been stolen from him. As the quartet leave, the sorcerer betrays Araloth, only to be swallowed whole by a beast of Nurgle that Araloth took pity on during their initial travels. The scholar deceives the daemonic beast into leaving without accidentally killing "its friend Araloth", bids the Wood Elf and the weakened deity adieu, then happily wanders off into the Realms of Chaos again, even as Araloth returns to Lileath's side.
Cool. That in itself could be a novel; Araloth , Richter Kless and Kaldor Draigo teaming up to rescue Shallya from Nurgle's realm. I suspect that the author however has mixed up Isha and Shallya. Not sure who the Sorcerer is, but I suspect he is somebody of note, or who the hell Kalara is.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #159 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 03:26 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Further information to come...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20141209_005.jpg (418.1 KB, 4 views)
post #160 of 178 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 05:51 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamodai View Post
Further information to come...
I have quite a few questions, but i'll settle for this one to start with; Who the hell does Lokhir Fellheart side with??

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode