Wow Nagash - Big Spoilers - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 10:38 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Dwarves would be most likely to have metal, Lizards could have beasts. If they are only "good" manifestations then Ogres maybe dubious but they do have Firebellies.
Ogres are considered neutral, as are the Undead Legion, and Nagash is Death Incarnate.

Infor the dwarves, if Old Thorek had still been around then maybe I'd have said him definately. Although they don't have mages, that is more of a choice. I don't WANT it to be gelt. It is nice to see the continual fall and dall again. It otherwise becomes too twee imho.

As for the dorfs getting magic, written from a gameplay perspective it gives them something new. Either the high king becoming magic (and maybe an even more massive split between the race as traditionalists, engineers or the supporters of their magic high king argue) or the ultimate irony of the ultratraditionalist alrik becoming the embodiment of magic.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nagash didn't really receive his incarnation of death by chance though he went out and took it by force. I thought the idea of making people incarnates of a wind was that it would be put to good use against evil in general, so the individuals would have to be trust worthy, or am I just misunderstanding?
post #143 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 12:34 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Nagash didn't really receive his incarnation of death by chance though he went out and took it by force. I thought the idea of making people incarnates of a wind was that it would be put to good use against evil in general, so the individuals would have to be trust worthy, or am I just misunderstanding?
Nagash did just take it on his own, which Teclis planned for. Teclis actually admits in the novel that his plan, involving Aliathra, was to weaken Nagash so that he is strong enough to help them fight the Chaos Gods, but not strong enough that if the Forces of Order win the End Times, they won't be able to get rid with Nagash afterwards. Teclis is firmly of the belief that even as the Avatar of Shyish, that Malekith, Alarielle and he himself can deal with Nagash easily.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

post #144 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Is any of this new lore making you rethink your armies of choice? Of the two I have, Tomb Kings and Dark Elves, the Tomb Kings have been gutted and the Dark Elves are a fragment of their former selves.
post #145 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 03:48 PM
Vaz

Doesn't really fall into play for me - I play avoidance style WE - and the only thing I really miss is a heavy cavalry unit to really dish the pain when i charge - but Dragon Knights and Cold One Knights aren't that much more powerful compared to Wild Riders - 130pts for 15 WS5 s5 ap attacks versus 150pts for 5 WS5 S6 reroll 1's to wound attacks or 145pts for 10 WS5 S5 attacks? No competition.

Dark Riders being core are the only alternative option vs Glade Riders - Ellyrian Reavers are weaker glade riders (free armour piercing, but aren't forced to ambush), and cost the same with equal upgrades so irrelevant. Dark Riders 4+ save is okayish, but the shorter range isn't as good for avoidance lists. They can massively increase damage against a slower opponent, but they cost the same, so it's an easy swap if I need to test.

Waywatchers - up against Shades or Shadow Warriors. Shadow Warriors do nothing that neither Waywatchers or Shades don't do, while Shades have access to Great Weapons which gives them a decent armour hunting unit - but that's what the Waywatchers and the Wild Riders are for (who have the -3 to saves on the charge, rather than the -2 and losing ASF for the Shades. Shades can also take Khainite Assassin

Sisters of Averlorn with a Handmaiden for Move and Fire S4 shooting, but at the same time, they're only 24" range, so it's actually a net loss over the longbows of Glade Guard (Sisters aren't actually skirmishers), and a lot more expensive as a result of requring the Handmaiden.

Warlocks are just no comparison to Sisters of the Thorn IMHO - especially as I'm using the Sisters as an anvil for a Caster.

Harpies however are yet another avoidance unit, and a classic unit drop. Scourgerunner Chariots might be capable of helping with Ogres or Monsters which are due to being taken much more often as a result of the expected combined profiles in 9th. But yes, my army doesn't really change much at all. Maybe the addition of a couple of flying units of Harpies to replace a some Glade Riders.

If I was playing another kind of wood elf list, it may be useful - say Glade Guard replaced by Black Guard or Swordmasters, or White Lions or Phoenix Guard for big blockers. If I was to create a big heavy combat block army, one of Black Guard with Kouran, a DElf BSB with Banner of Nagarythe and Alith Anar attached to another unit (High Elf or Wood Elf if desired - although an Unbreakable unit of White Lions with Banner of the World Dragon could be ace) would give you 3 Unbreakable units. Moranions Wayshard on High Elf Spears is okay to give a powerful ambushing anchor unit - but they're not exactly anything capable.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #146 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

How about lore wise though, with all this happening do you feel as if your armies "soul" has been ripped to pieces or are you ok with the outcome? For me I'm very disappointed now, I should of just stuck with Empire.
post #147 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 04:51 PM
Vaz

Eh, Empire players are the most hard done to. They've lost I think it's 7 provinces, and most of their best generals and spiritual figureheads and best mages - Thyrus and Gelt are dead/missing/done their nut, while some of the greatest fortresses like Bogenhafen, Carroburg, Brass Keep etc are shattered, Nordland is wiped off the map, they've lost their Grand Theogonist and the most well known Warrior Priest, plus the Herald of Sigmar has gone missing along with the Ghal Maraz. Its alliance in the west is completely shattered - the Bretons a shell of themselves thanks to losing half of their duchys to the civil war, as well as the greatest king they've ever had (Gilles "died" before he could actually run the country), while the land is covered in the shattered remnants of the Greenskins, Undead Ghoulpacks and the Beastherds breaking free of Malagor completely rendering them to nothingness.

The Dark Elves - unless it's a Khainite/Pleasure cult army, then they've simply moved home. The Khainites and pleasure cults would be accepted into Tyrion's army.

In regards to the High versus Dark Elf rivalry, well, there are very few who still remember the time before the Sundering - Malekith and Morathi, plus a few out of the way Elves - most grew up hating one another.

Not sure what you're saying, honestly. The soul is still there.

Quote:
post #148 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

What Gilles is dead to and Huss?
post #149 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 05:14 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
What Gilles is dead to and Huss?
Gilles le Breton is alive, and Luthor Huss is currently MIA along with Valten and Ludwiz Schwarzhelm.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #150 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

What I mean by soul is their "individuality" for example the tomb kings individuality is all but gone now, nagash runs them and the only individual that retains any aspect of the original character is Khalida.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode