Wow Nagash - Big Spoilers - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-27-14, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

My Dark Elf Force is already kind of Malekith aligned, I wanted an "evil" force but it seems they are drifting towards being on the moral high ground now, my thoughts are all over the place with this new information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-27-14, 05:56 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

I don't think there'll be any moral high ground. I expect the Elves will become more like 40k Eldar.
post #133 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 05:59 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ok I am reading The Curse of Khaine now, and have gathered as much info from Khaine that I can find on the net. Here is my list of events; (Prepare to be mindraped)

Dark Elves
-Naggaroth has been abandoned to Chaos, but the Dark Elves pretty much raped it before they left. They poisoned the soil, the water, the air, sacrificed every slave they had to ensure it would be haunted for all time, and left every plague they had behind. In short, Valkia won, but she got shit all for it.
-Malus Darkblade is dead. According to Teclis Tz'arkan took over his body and made him go POP! Tz'arkan then died fighting Tyrion the Avatar of Khaine. No word yet on what happened to Spite, but that crafty little reptile is probably still out there.
-The truth behind Malekith has been revealed. When Malekith originally entered the Flame of Asuryan the burns he suffered were not a rejection but rather a test, but when he leapt out of the flame he failed the test. Every Phoenix King since then has used mages to survive the flames, when in reality none bar Imrik of Caledor would have succeeded. Asuryan, angry about this, cursed the Phoenix Throne, all that would sit it from hence forth would suffer from crippling paranoia, guilt, or arrogance; which is why every Phoenix King since Bel Shanaar has sucked.
-Malekith leads the Dark Elves to Ulthuan and becomes the Eternity King after re-entering the Flames of Asuryan, but he has not been healed and is still a burnt wreck of a being. But he now bears the mantle of Asuryan's avatar as Aenarion was.
-Crone Hellebron stayed in the ruins of Har Ganeth and waged bloody warfare with the army of Valkia, but after hearing about Tyrion took all her followers to Ulthuan. She tried to usurp Morathi but when she realized that she wouldn't be able to, she sided with Malekith. I believe she survived to Athel Loren, but I am not sure.
-Lokhir Fellheart sided with Malekith for most of the war until the final battle when he defected to Tyrion. He fought at the Blighted Isle and was last seen being carried from the field back to the Black Ark of Blessed Dread. His end status is unknown.
-Morathi betrayed Malekith and sided with Tyrion in the War for Ulthuan due to her creepy infatuation with him, becoming his lover and chief advisor. She attempted to mess with the Vortex but failed and was taken personally by Slaanesh along with Caledor Dragontamer.

High Elves
-Teclis helped Malekith reach Ulthuan and helped him take over. He attempted to save Tyrion from himself but failed as Tyrion realized how manipulative Teclis is and that Teclis is responsible for Aliathra's death. Teclis then breaks apart the Vortex and with it the Winds of Magic, embodying it in eight individuals whom Teclis believes will be able to match the Chaos Gods and take the fight directly to them. He is last seen disappearing with Tyrion's body to parts unknown.
-Alarielle sided with Malekith after Tyrion attempted to have her become his Queen, which she saw would lead to nothing but ruin. She did weep for Tyrion however and only agreed to wed Malekith after he saved the Elves. Alarielle has also been named the Queen of the Wood Elves with Ariel/Isha's impending death, though now she is the Queen of the restored Elven race.
-Korhil of Chrace is dead. He sided with Tyrion in the war, but on seeing how far his friend had fallen attempted to steal the Widowmaker so that Tyrion would come to his senses. Morathi tracked him down and dragged him back to Tyrion. Needless to say, his death was not quick or easy.
-Imrik of Caledor has sworn himself to Malekith and helped him bring down the Eagle Gate and fought in many battles at Malekith's side. The Dragon Princes of Caledor are firmly in Malekith's camp.
-Tyrion, enraged by his brother's deception, his daughter's murder, and the fact that he must now bow to Malekith, draws the Widowmaker and becomes the Avatar of Khaine. All the Asur that refuse to bow to Malekith, including Aislinn the Sea-Lord and Korhil of Chrace, follow him as do the majority of the Disciples of Khaine who view him as the will of their God made manifest. Tyrion kills Tullaris Dreadbringer and Malus Darkblade in battle, and then later battles Orion whom he also kills, though Orion manages to give as good as he gets for a while. He eventually meets Imrik and Malekith in battle and nearly kills both of them, but is slain by Alith Anar with an arrow to the heart.
-Alith Anar kills Kouran Darkhand in battle but after seeing what Tyrion has truly become, swears loyalty to Malekith, but promises to kill him in a heartbeat if he ever even for a second believes that Malekith isn't putting the Elves first.
-Ulthuan is gone, the entire island has been reduced to rubble and ruin. The combined Elves escape through the World Roots with the magic of the Everqueen, though many are lost to the sinking of Ulthuan, and find refuge in Athel Loren, which welcomes the Elves as did it in the time before Chaos. It is revealed that the Elves as a race came from Athel Loren before Chaos arrived, and that is why it welcomed the Wood Elves originally, it was their home originally.
-Alarielle marries Malekith in the same symbolic marriage that she had with Finubar, though since Malekith is charred no child can ever come of the marriage.

Wood Elves
-Ariel and Orion are dead. Ariel is either dead or dying of the poison, and Orion was slain by Tyrion.
-At one point in his sojourn through the Realm of Chaos Araloth was aided by a giant knight in silver armour, who spoke a strange tongue, carried a great silver sword and shield, and was able to spit fire from his hands.... (Not much detail on this, will find out more asap.)
-Araloth's destination was revealed. The Goddess Lileath revealed the origins of the Warhammer world, it was a world colonized by Asuryan and his daughter, whom she reveals were actually Elves from another world swallowed by Chaos. There is a great cycle where Asuryan enters a world, creates life, his family brings strife and this strife allows Chaos to enter the world and eventually devour it. Lileath believes that the Warhammer world is screwed and so she imbues Araloth with divine power and sends him to a new world to create a new civilization of the Elves and to continue the cycle. Lileath plans to have Teclis, Malekith and Alarielle fight against Chaos until the bitter end as she thinks they will weaken Chaos and give Araloth and his future people more time before Chaos comes to destroy them.
-Athel Loren is now the home of the restored Elven race.

Worldwide
-With the Winds of Magic now embodied in other beings, the following beings are now avatars of magic and are capable of matching the Chaos Gods; Malekith - Shadow, Alarielle - Life, Nagash - Death, Karl Franz - Celestial, Teclis - Light. The Winds of Fire, Metal and Beasts are up for grabs.

So yeah. Woah...

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 01-09-15 at 08:51 PM.

post #134 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

So not only can I not buy the book, it also includes the most farfetched story GW has ever done and killed off the best Warhammer character they've ever written about (Malus), sod it I don't even want the book now.
post #135 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 06:29 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
So not only can I not buy the book, it also includes the most farfetched story GW has ever done and killed off the best Warhammer character they've ever written about (Malus), sod it I don't even want the book now.
Bear in mind that what I am working with is the info from The Curse of Khaine, a novel where Malekith is the only POV, and scraps from teasers from Warhammer: Khaine.

Once I get my hands on a downloaded ecopy of the book I will post a more accurate transcript. But that said I don't see what is so far-fetched about the story.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #136 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

You think elves who have been warring with each other for hundreds of years and had friends and family members killed, mutilated, sacrificed, fed to monsters and all manner of horrible atrocities would simply put aside all those problems, ignore their natural arrogance they have and team up to bring down Tyrion who has been screwed over royally and tbh has a right to draw the Widowmaker? Heck he may even stop the chaos invasion, why must it be Malekith? In the process lets force the Wood Elves into the equation because they've literally had no impact on the world since forever apart from pissing about with Bretonnians. Also the most cliche ending ever with an arrow to the heart..

I hate it, I physically feel angry over what they've done now, at first I was quite ok with the early stories that revolved around the old world although some bits raised eye brows but this story along with the way they've distributed the book, the way it's been handled, have chipped a big hole in my love of Warhammer.
post #137 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-29-14, 07:28 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
You think elves who have been warring with each other for hundreds of years and had friends and family members killed, mutilated, sacrificed, fed to monsters and all manner of horrible atrocities would simply put aside all those problems, ignore their natural arrogance they have and team up to bring down Tyrion who has been screwed over royally and tbh has a right to draw the Widowmaker? Heck he may even stop the chaos invasion, why must it be Malekith? In the process lets force the Wood Elves into the equation because they've literally had no impact on the world since forever apart from pissing about with Bretonnians. Also the most cliche ending ever with an arrow to the heart...

I hate it, I physically feel angry over what they've done now, at first I was quite ok with the early stories that revolved around the old world although some bits raised eye brows but this story along with the way they've distributed the book, the way it's been handled, have chipped a big hole in my love of Warhammer.
No, which not all of them do. The ones who refuse to make peace with the Druchii join Tyrion who at first seems sane, by the time they realize he isn't, they've all been taken in by the Widowmaker and don't really have a choice anymore. But quite a few of the Elves manage to put their arrogance aside and do what is best for their continued survival. Admittedly there is some discord in TCoK, but it's low-key since the book focuses on Malekith's POV and is somewhat abbrieviated to fit the 350-page word count. But I imagine more focus will be given to the problems with integration in Khaine and the future lore for the Elves. One good example is at the start of the invasion when Malekith and the Dark Elves team up with the Dragon Princes of Caledor to destroy the Eagle Gate, it takes everything Teclis has to convince Imrik to side with Malekith and even then, many don't and thousands of Elves are killed in the battle. The lack of discord is helped by Malekith, who is convinced of the need to integrate both Elven factions together, ordering the Black Guard to torture any Druchii who commits violence against an Asur off the battlefield to death. And Teclis, who has been told by Lileath what to do, is convincing those around him that it is fate that Malekith be the Eternity King. But afterwards there is bound to be problems as these three cultures attempt to live together, but that is not the focus of the novel.

On Tyrion, yeah he got screwed over royally. But that's Warhammer, if you aren't getting screwed over in some way, then you're in the wrong setting. Teclis and Malekith and Imrik do try to get through to Tyrion, who by that point has become a monster, but ultimately when Aliathra died he stopped caring about the world and only wanted revenge on Teclis for his betrayal and Malekith for his evil actions in the past. As for why Malekith?? Because Lileath said so, maybe she was lying about that as well?? Who can say. But the fact that Tyrion did draw the Widowmaker, the sword that he was told would doom the Elves if it were ever drawn again, doesn't speak well of his chances against Chaos.

On the Wood Elves, yeah they haven't had much to do, but that is the wider writers fault, not the End Times writers for this book. They've brought the Wood Elves into the End Times the best way they can in my opinion.

The arrow only got through because of a chink in the Dragon Armour that Imrik left, and it was Alith Anar, the Shadow King, who fired it.

LotN

post #138 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 01:22 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Who could the manifestations ne dyou reckon?

Dwarfs, Ogres and Lizards are unaccounted for really. Alrik or Thorgrimm could be Metal, Lizards either KroqGar or Mazdamundi for Beasts, and Fire being Skrag the Slaughterer (burning hunger? Dunno even to me is kinda weak). Skrag could be beasts and Fire is the mummified slann with his final spell. Or even tehenhauin (sotek etc)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #139 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Dwarves would be most likely to have metal, Lizards could have beasts. If they are only "good" manifestations then Ogres maybe dubious but they do have Firebellies.
post #140 of 178 (permalink) Old 11-30-14, 11:18 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

I don't know about Fire and Beasts, but my theory is that Metal will go to Balthasar Gelt and heal his damaged mind. His story will then become one of redemption as he tries to help the Empire that he betrayed.

Some people are theorizing that Archaon will inherit Fire but that seems highly unlikely since he already has Chaos magic. And since the Dwarves don't technically have Mages I doubt they would inherit one of the Aspects of Magic.

LotN

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode