What to build? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

crimson skull's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default What to build?

I am in the process of putting together the rest of my un-made models which is quite a few and came across 60 skeletons for my tomb kings and now can't decide what to build them as warriors with hand weapons or spears or bows?
In my army at the mo i have two units of 30 spearmen and 25 tomb guard so i guess at least some of them will be made into bowmen but how many? HELP this is driving me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 05:33 PM

Othiem's Flag is: USA

IMO, if you have a regular opponent who doesn't mind helping you out a bit, play them both ways as stand-ins and see what works for your army. Assuming it is possible with the TK kits (I don't know, but it works for empire state troops) just glue down the bodies without arms, don't paint, and run a few games with them before you commit.

If that's not an option....I'd go 40 skeletons with hand weps, split them into 2 blocks of 20 to march up first and screen your chariots, then 20 archers. More than 20 archers seems excessive to me in anything other than a firing line type army

[EDIT]
Or what might be a better idea, 30 for a single block of handweapons, better chance of getting that outnumber, then 30 archers. I forgot how insane arrow of the asp is. Either way, best to try it out.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by Othiem; 08-29-08 at 07:21 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your input its greatly recieved. I have had a think what do you think about half warriors and half bowmen that would mean i would have 4 solid infantry units backed up by some bowmen? I have 15 chariots and don't usually shield them i try and get them in quick and have won many games with that tactic, though that can backfire quite spectacularly.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-08, 07:23 AM

You could make them all archers, because then you can make a big use of arrow of the asp, and you need to fire a lot of arrows if you're hitting on a 5+. But don't forget, apart from that they can't take Shields (i think), they are just as good in CC as normal Spearmen, and they can shoot at the enemy in the mean time. I reckon that no spears and no shields is worth the trade off, because your only getting a 6+sv from the shields anyway, and they will probably do more shooting than fighting in CC, so bows are better than spears.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-08, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

After alot of deliberation and a couple of practice games i have decided to go with 60 bowmen, they work as well as normal warriors and get to shoot them ha ha! Thanks again for your input it really helped.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-08, 04:02 PM

jakkie's Flag is: England

good choice . then you can have a unit of archers on the flanks or high ground, and the spearmen and tomb guard in the middle.

Angry Marines:
Flamer ------------ 5pts
Another Flamer ---- 5pts
Shit, Take a Third - 5pts

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode