Bretonnia, is it a waste of my time? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-14, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Cyoteon's Flag is: USA

Default Bretonnia, is it a waste of my time?

Some of my friends have jumped ship from 40k to Fantasy, I have only ever played once (lizardmen v vampire counts) and wasn't super fond of it (I was lizards, they are cool models but not what I wanted) I know if I ever do play I want to a themed army from A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones for any non book readers out there). I know the army book is old and they are out dated. Modeling and painting would still be fun but if I can't stand a viable chance of even having the chance to win I would rather wait till they got a new book. So over all I'm asking is the current book a viable army or should I wait till a new book comes out? And if I do wait is there any rumor of a new in the not so distant future?

Thanks all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 07:59 AM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoteon View Post
Some of my friends have jumped ship from 40k to Fantasy, I have only ever played once (lizardmen v vampire counts) and wasn't super fond of it (I was lizards, they are cool models but not what I wanted) I know if I ever do play I want to a themed army from A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones for any non book readers out there). I know the army book is old and they are out dated. Modeling and painting would still be fun but if I can't stand a viable chance of even having the chance to win I would rather wait till they got a new book. So over all I'm asking is the current book a viable army or should I wait till a new book comes out? And if I do wait is there any rumor of a new in the not so distant future?

Thanks all!!
I haven't played much fantasy so I'm not sure if the current book is viable but I've heard that there is new book coming out soon so I would wait till then and decide if you still like the army, I did that with the three elves armies (high elves,dark elves and wood elves, my favourites were wood elves but I don't really like how they played now so decided to do dark elves. Oh and I like the idea of GoT army

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 08:10 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

As Rev says the new army book is rumored to be round the corner so dont despair, a person i know uses them to good effect with a fan produced army list and does pretty ok with them, many of the models are still very good and picking up a few battalion boxes would give you a good start for the army and im sure more new minis will be released with the new army book in due course, so really there isnt a better time to start thinking about starting them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-14, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Cyoteon's Flag is: USA

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-14, 05:50 AM

I am desperate for any news on the Brets as I want to start a Bret army, but not until a new Army Book is released.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-14, 02:27 AM

This concerns not only Brets but generally all of WHFB, I have been told that the earliest Brets release will be long way's off, according to what I have been told, that 9th Edition will be released in June 2015. This is due to GW needing to update all current 40K dexes to the new format.

According to what I have been told is that 9th Editions will be followed by a new starter set (The Empire/Orcs-Goblins), then The Empire will get the new formatted Army Book like the 40k Dex, then comes as follows in order Orcs-Goblins, Beastmen, Skaven, Undead (Merging of Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts), Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos and then Bretonnians in March 2016.

So it is along wait for suffering Bretonnian players at least another 18 months wait.

Oh and my local GW store can no longer get the Bretonnian Army Book and GW won't supply him.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.

Last edited by Achaylus72; 09-24-14 at 02:29 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode