Bretonnia - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-13, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

12ebootX797's Flag is: USA

Default Bretonnia

Just saw GW's new teaser for some kind of phoenix like model i'm guessing and this pisses me off. Now i have no problem with them making these new models. but Since i started playing war hammer fantasy , i have always loved Bretonia. Where is the fucking Bret love where is it? I have seen multiple updates for empire and chaos warriors. I understand these are probably they're most played armies, but it has been a while the army sucks. The only reason to play them is (what i thought of at the top of my head) the lance formation. Or maybe your just as stubborn as i am. Some people have tried to argue with me that they don't need a update, but that is bullshit. I hate how a cavalry based army doesn't even have the best cavalry unit. Why!!!!!! I understand chaos infused medieval space marines kick ass as well as vampire knights. Shouldn't the forces of good all so have a form of uber cavalry though grail knights should be this. Bretonians need new models a new rule book a new every thing. (dwarves as well) I know your busy GW, but please update the brets. If you update them people will play them i promise. (as long as its done well) Update them prove to me you have a soul. For the Lady!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-13, 01:01 AM

I have a friend whose starting High Elves so he's pretty happy about the new updates but I agree with you they don't really need it.

They are already a pretty strong army overall, even with the older rulebook. If anything I'd update Dwarves first, then either Bretonnia or Wood Elves (Probably Wood Elves)

Actually, I'm not even sure if High Elves are getting an updated rule book. I think they are just getting new models/FAQ rules (Which they do sort of need. Their infantry looks like crap and they have out of date models. At least Bretonnian Knights still look awesome.)
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-13, 05:50 AM

Samules's Flag is: USA

I wouldn't agree on the order of updates there, I love my stunties but brets and WE really need it. Dwarves are still a decent army but brets get flattened. It really kinda sucks they are gunna wait even longer for an update, especially since they have such beautiful models that I would love to be able to use more competitively.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-13, 06:00 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

As always "update love" is all about who earns it, not who deserves or needs it.

High Elves must be better sellers, Brets and Wood elves not so.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-13, 06:36 AM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

I hope that they do update one of three army's (dwarves ,woods elfs, brets)this year.
As I would to collect all three

You are right magpie,but maybe because there have not been redone for ages they not selling so well.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

Last edited by revilo44; 07-16-13 at 06:47 PM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-13, 08:13 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Brets are one of the Stronger armies in the Meta right now.

As for needing an update there is some stuff in the design works according to whoreseer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-13, 05:16 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ebootX797 View Post
Just saw GW's new teaser for some kind of phoenix like model i'm guessing and this pisses me off. Now i have no problem with them making these new models. but Since i started playing war hammer fantasy , i have always loved Bretonia. Where is the fucking Bret love where is it? I have seen multiple updates for empire and chaos warriors. I understand these are probably they're most played armies, but it has been a while the army sucks. The only reason to play them is (what i thought of at the top of my head) the lance formation. Or maybe your just as stubborn as i am. Some people have tried to argue with me that they don't need a update, but that is bullshit. I hate how a cavalry based army doesn't even have the best cavalry unit. Why!!!!!! I understand chaos infused medieval space marines kick ass as well as vampire knights. Shouldn't the forces of good all so have a form of uber cavalry though grail knights should be this. Bretonians need new models a new rule book a new every thing. (dwarves as well) I know your busy GW, but please update the brets. If you update them people will play them i promise. (as long as its done well) Update them prove to me you have a soul. For the Lady!
First off, calm down. Calm down. Maybe switch to decaff or something?

The Bret book is old. About eleven years I think, but it still largely works. It's certainly one of the weakest books, but someone has to come last. Being one of the weakest books in a relative sense does not make it a weak book in an absolute sense.

I'm having far more fun with my Bretonnians than I do with my High Elves. Hell, I'm not even planning to buy the new HElf book any time soon, I'm having too much fun with Brets.

It'd be nice to have an 8th ed book, but I'm in no mood to complain. Never forget, we in the Fantasy community have it bloody good. We don't watch Space Marines get a new codex every nine months while Dark Eldar languish for eleven years. We watch many different armies get new books while Brets languish for eleven years. It's easy to forget how good we have it.

I know which I'd prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Brets are one of the Stronger armies in the Meta right now.
What's the weather like on your planet?

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-13, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

12ebootX797's Flag is: USA

Interesting feedback every body i am surprised anyone even replied to this. (PS all my general anger somehow feeds into my want for a Bret update) I always enjoy playing with my Bretonians. That is why i want them to be updated i want other people to experience them and i think an update would help that. I get 50% of my enjoyment of this hobby by walking into my local GW store and seeing a beautiful Bretonian army arrayed for battle. I love to help players new to the race with my wisdom (what little i have) about them. Army's like the High Elves and Empire are updated because they are popular. This can end up making Hobby runs stale as you can find yourself always facing the same 5 or 6 army's which can be a real disappointment. I want to see Bretonians romping across the fields of battle again.

"someone has to come last. "
-Azezel

I might be misinterpreting here But why? I have always believed that GW games would be more enjoyable and Hobbyist friendly if each race was pretty equally updated. If it was equal in book and models it would make each race a fun and viable choice. (note army's can still be fun and viable choices)

Last edited by Dave T Hobbit; 04-24-13 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Merged sequential posts
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 06:26 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

A while back a few friends of mine tried to break the bret book... and pretty much managed. It is possible to make some filthy lists with brets. Generally they are weak, but its not universal.

But let's not let this spiral off into a "I want x redone" thread... we all have a few army books we want redone, and almost everyone agrees on brets, WE and dwarves.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-13, 09:42 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Trebuchets; absolute steal.

Archers' pretty damn good for their cost.

Foot BSB with Stubborn Hat gives a 12" Ld8 rerollable leadership test giving his own unit Stubborn.

Life L4 is among the nastiest, but Beasts works in a pinch.

HKB Lord is reasonably cheap.

Lots of 6-9 Strong Knight units.

Flying Cavalry with large bases to multi-charge enemy war machines.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode