Place your bets! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 12:40 AM

OMNOMNOMIVORE's Flag is: Israel

well, i kinda hope that they dont come out with 9th edition next year, I dont want to spend another 75 bucks on a new rulebook. brets and tomb kings would be sweet though, both armies need it.

aperture science-we do what we must because we can
when you say "jesus" backwards it sounds like "sausage"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboot View Post
In the enthusiastic brightness of the near future, there is only skipping. tra la la la la
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 01:51 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

2014 at the earliest, with the LotR/hobbit opening up, maybe 2016 at the latest.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 07:40 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

2014 would keep to the established 4 year plan, but as vaz said we have Hobbit to contend with so 2015 is more likely, or 2016 at a stretch seen as the films are now a trilogy so will have more content.

i have to agree that tomb kings would be a great idea for a starter set, easy to paint and really need the core troops updating, but i also think they are too delicate in terms of models for a box set, but i suppose some fancy armour and more rags and it could work.
i dont see wood elves ever making it into the set, and that army really needs some serious work doing to it to bring it up to the same standard as the other armys in the range.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 09:48 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

So did High Elves ;). Which they fixed by... not having
any of the core units.

To be fair, Dwarfs and Empire are all the same in appearance; a cannon thrown in seperates it a bit, but they are essentially differently armed versions of the same model. Same with goblins.

High Elves added In all sorts of flavour - platemail greatswords, reaver knight scouts, marines, griffon.

Same with the Skaven.

Only wood elves, dark elves and chaos warriors and daemons have similarly differentiating models.

Wood Elves; Eagle/Stag Lord/Mage, Branchwraith/Treeman/Treeman ancient, Spirit "Swarms" (introduce a new unit like cultists from DV), Glade Guard, Warhawk Riders

Chaos Warriors; Mounted Champion, Knight bodyguard, Marauder Tribes, Chaos Warhounds, some Forsaken models and perhaps a Warshrine, or even some Dragon Ogres to give some monstrous infantry.

Ruleswise; when did GW care about Rules for starter sets? Island of Blood doesnt have a legal army between it so far.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 09-11-12 at 09:51 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempessst View Post
It would also give GW the chance to make plastic versions of a few of the Wood Elves metal special units.
Thing is. The starter set, any starter set, is grom GW's point of view definitely not a chance to update models.

D'you really think GW want you to buy starter kits (70+ models for 60) or regiment boxes (10 models for 20-30).

Case in point: GW made plastic kits for High Elf Phoenix Guard and White Lions. They did NOT release a kit for Swordmasters - since they are in the Island of Blood.

As a general thing - if you're hoping for a model to get a propper multi-part plastic kit, then you should be hoping that model is NOT part of a starter kit.

On the other hand, if you want a ton of a model that looks awesome, but you don't care about limited poses, then you'll be hoping it is in the starter. Have you seen my 56 High Elf Swordmasters?

If, for example, TK were in the 9th ed kit - that'd mean they would be stuck with the current, ghastly skellingtons until the start of 10th edition. No way GW would drop tens of thousands on a new kit which no-one will buy because Starter Kit skellies are 10 for 10 on ebay.

However, those starter kit skellies would no doubt be balls-out awesome looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMNOMNOMIVORE View Post
well, i kinda hope that they dont come out with 9th edition next year, I dont want to spend another 75 bucks on a new rulebook. brets and tomb kings would be sweet though, both armies need it.
I'm guessing 2014, 2015 seems very possible. Eighth seems to be in a good position right now and, since the Hobbit is coming I could fully see GW not rocking the WFB boat.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 03:01 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel View Post
Thing is. The starter set, any starter set, is grom GW's point of view definitely not a chance to update models.

D'you really think GW want you to buy starter kits (70+ models for 60) or regiment boxes (10 models for 20-30).

Case in point: GW made plastic kits for High Elf Phoenix Guard and White Lions. They did NOT release a kit for Swordmasters - since they are in the Island of Blood.

As a general thing - if you're hoping for a model to get a propper multi-part plastic kit, then you should be hoping that model is NOT part of a starter kit.
B&K is hoping the complete opposite of the rest of us then ;)
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 05:00 PM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

i would hope to hell that its lizards and dark elves, as i collect both and some "snap-fit" saurus would be really usefull

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode