Dagmire needs help with VC (new player) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmire View Post
Yeah that might be good. I fancy a "Bram Stokers DRACULAR" style army. So powerful Vampires controling the elements.
As i have yet to grab the rule book or codex any chance you could mock up a quick army list???
I will rep you...
Lucky for you Bram Stokers Dracula is basically the Von Carstiens Family, who are the main focus of the book, Isabella Von Carstein IS Countess Bathory.

I'm not a huge fan of Fell bats but I do love Bat Swarms so bats are definitely on the cards. 1500 points is a tough points value to play at for Vampire Counts as it make sit hard to take a good Vampire Lord so you're usually relegated to Master Necromancer or Vampire to lead your army. I don't want to start an argument over list building in this thread though so I won't comment here. I think if I was going for a Bathroy theme it would be something like this

Vampire Lord
- Level 2 Wizard
- Aura of Dark Majesty
- Beguile
- Fear Incarnate
- Talisman of Preservation
- Heavy Armour
- Enchanted Shield

Nice little Fear based Lord, -1 Leadership rerolling successes on Fear tests which combines with the Screaming Banner. 3+/4++ saves.

Necromancer
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll

Bit of an Auto include

40 Skeleton Warriors
- FC

A nice big block for you to try and hold up enemy units with.

48 Zombies

Filling you your core with a Zombie Horde

2x Bat Swarm Bases

They give Always strikes last to your opponent in combat, really good if you get them into the flank of your foe.

25 Grave Guard
- Great Weapons
- FC
- Screaming Banner

Nice Stabby unit, S6 attacks is not something you can complain about. The Screaming Banner will make your opponent roll 3 dice for Fear tests and discard the lowest, with your Lord that's at -1LD and rerolling successes.

Black Coach

Nice and Thematic for a Bram Stoker style list a hellish coach.

That all comes to 1500pts on the button. It needs some tinkering and a lot of stuff is up to personal preference of course.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 05:33 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

That's a nice fluffy list Aramoro! I don't really know the fluff behind the books so I'm sure you're a bit more on fluff wise than I am. That and you probably play more than me and have a better idea of what the army needs. I haven't played VC since end of 6th beginning of 7th and I have yet to play against the new VC.

I thought about using the bat swarms because of the ASL. The 2 bases have just as many wounds and attacks as 5 fell bats. The main reasons I went for the fells: faster and high T (not that the difference b/w T2 and T3 is going to make that much of a difference ).

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 05:42 PM

My list is more fluffy than good I think, the Varghiest and Spirit Hosts are better than the Black Coach I think but not as fluffcentric. The Blood Lines are basically

Von Carstein - Transylvania Vampires with Bats, Wolves etc
Strigoi - Monstrous deformed Vampires with Vagheists, Terrorghiests and Varghulfs
Lamhian - All female Egyptian Vampires with Coven Thrones and magical vampires
Necrarch- Thin frailer vampires (modelled on Nosferatu) heavily into Magic Power with Mortis Engines
Blood Dragons - Heavily armour non magic using Martial Honour based vampires with Blood Knights

Von Carstein's are you classical Vampires as such.

Aramoro

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 05:55 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

I sort of remember the whole bloodline thing from the old book (that was what, 2 books ago???). Yeah, the whole von Carstein line is basically based off the Dracula myth. I actually had planned on making a Lamhian army back when GW had the bloodline based armies in the back of the book. I even have the Neferata model and I converted a Brett damsel for a hero lvl vamp or to use as a female necro. But GW went the way of concentrating on the von Carstein line w/ the last 2 books. Oh well.

You have pretty close to what I had in a list. I had thought about trying to squeeze in the Mortis Engine (to keep the female fluff going) but, like you said, 1500pts is a tight squeeze. Especially when there are so many cool new toys!!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 06:00 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not sure how good fear based tests are going to be: so many armies out there are eith ItP or cause fear themselves that you'll often get no bonus for all those upgrades...

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-12, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Guys, thanks alot. you have helped me massivly.
XXXXX

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-12, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
Not sure how good fear based tests are going to be: so many armies out there are eith ItP or cause fear themselves that you'll often get no bonus for all those upgrades...
It's not great but it's ok, if you can squeeze the points then throw a Tomb Banshee into the unit on the corner to reduce hits back and to allow you to cause Fear in a Fear causing units. The Tomb Banshee also gels well with the Aura of Dark Majesty.

Then you put 4 Tomb Banshee's in your Skeleton unit so you front rank is 4 Tomb Banshees and the Champion, your Vamp sitting in the second Rank scaring people. Your Champion will get catastrospazzed but that's ok you can rez him next turn. Then you get 4 Screams at -3 LD wooo

Aramoro

Last edited by Aramoro; 04-03-12 at 09:47 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode