funniest fantasy moment - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General Warhammer This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer Fantasy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

neilbatte's Flag is: Great Britain

Default funniest fantasy moment

i just played a game yesterday chaos dwarves against demons of chaos, my mates khorne army, anyway his greater deamon of khorne charges a unit of 25 chaos dwarves containing my lord. He gets out a bucket load of dice and challenges my lord claiming his firestorm blade will make quick work of my puny dwarf as its 7 st 7 attacks from a bloodthirster so he rolls his dice and rerolls misses then tells me i need to make 6 saves you should have seen his face when i pointed out his sword caused flaming attacks and my armour ignores flaming attacks then i strike back cause 2 wounds and with combat res won by 7 only for him to roll a double 6 on his instability test one dead bloodthirster

Last edited by neilbatte; 05-21-08 at 04:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 02:16 PM

kungfoomasta's Flag is: USA

lol it funny

Never doubt the incompetence of your commisar.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 03:01 PM

Ancient Tiel' a fier's Flag is: United Kingdom

thats awesome good effort!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

neilbatte's Flag is: Great Britain

its just so much more fun when your using an army ignored for so long against the army of the moment and pull off a good win
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 08:20 PM

newt_e's Flag is: England

Yeah, that's funny.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 08:25 PM

royemunson's Flag is: England

Well i played with my vamps for the first time on monday night against some dwarfs, and first shot first turn a cannon ball bounces onto my vampire lord, fail the look out sir! roll fail my ward save and my whole army falls over!. Awesome!.

Well, the Chaos Space Marines have the chaos gods on their side, while the Space Marines have Games Workshop on their's.
So one has the most corrupt, twisted and souless entities in existance helping them while the other gets the chaos gods.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 08:53 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

hehe, the bitter sarcasm in that post made my day royemunson, bad luck there dude, it happens to the best of us every so often.

As to neilbatte, thats an awesome one, and brings back good memories of my old Chaos Dwarf army.. dang I hope GW bring em back. But aye, would have loved to have seen the fellas face as you passed on that bit of info.

The only one of mine that comes to mind was a fabled battle against Dwarves with my Druchii at the time. Basically my good friend and long time playing companion had a twinked out Lord with all the trimmings in a 20 strong Ironbreaker unit, with a BSB and you can imagine an expected unbeatable foe taking up a huge part of his points. Why I love this battle was in the third round my Witch Elves got charged and lost a combat against some normal Dwarf warriors and then defeated and wiped out said Dwarves in my 3rd round CC. My mate then declared a charge against my Witch Elves in his 4th turn, and suddenly realizing they where no longer frenzied I choose to flee, his Lord's unit stuttered forward a few inches. In my 4th turn I charged it head on with Executioners (who had been near enough alongside the witchies) a Chariot and Manticore with Beatmaster on one flank, 10 Cold One Knights in the other flank and a Manticore with Lord in the rear (and aye a lot of his army was down at this point) one of the only time's I've wiped out a unit of such ability in one round.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 09:20 PM

kungfoomasta's Flag is: USA

im not to sure if this is as funny as above but i was playing a 16000 pt game with my side being High elves, Vamps(me), and skaven vrs More High elves and dwarfs. i had the smallest army on the game - me 2k team mates 3k a piece and other team 4k a piece. i cast winds of undeath 5 times over 3 turns all with irrestible force. i belive i killed 2 mages bolt thrower crew 3 cannon crews wounded dragon 3 times the lord on it somewhere around 30 dwarfs and 20 elves. everyone got pissed off when the whits dwarf couldnt do much cus there were to many spirit hosts around to kill them all. it was a glorious day.

Never doubt the incompetence of your commisar.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-08, 09:48 AM

Not particularly funny or anything; but it was certainly amusing to my friend and I when I got a wound off Archaon with my Skinks, pushing him below half strength.

Again, in one of my first battles with Lizardmen, playing another Lizardmen player (who was both older and more experienced - that's about my only saving grace), I almost died of embarrassment when I lost my Slann to Skink Blowpipes.

That was a game best kept in the recesses of the mind...
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-22-08, 11:15 AM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fucking sweet and funny moments, but the funnyest is goblin magic and mis cast table.

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > General Warhammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode