Units you love and wish could be good - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 06:38 PM

C'Tan Chimera's Flag is: USA

Pariahs. Why couldn't they get the Necron rule?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 11:18 PM
*Chaos_Ate_My_Fingers*'s Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Tan Chimera View Post
Pariahs. Why couldn't they get the Necron rule?
If they made the points of a Pariah increase by 6pts or so I think they should have the WBB rule.
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 11:41 AM

Grokfog's Flag is: England

I'm seeing a lot about the Legion here. Now, I'll be the first to say I'd like to see them improved, but that's cos I love them like a fat chick loves McDonalds. Still, I think perhaps you guys are underrating them a little. You seem to see them as Pseudo-Tactical Marines, while I see them as Micro-Terminators. 3++ like TH/SS terminators, only cheaper? Relentless with selection of heavy weapons? Again, Terminators will cost you more. Ok, so only the sergeant has access to power weapons/fists, but with his WS of 5, the unit wide basic 2 attacks, and Fearless, they can hold their own pretty well in combat. My only real gripe is Slow and Purposeful, which is less of a problem if you deep strike them well.

I'm not a competitive player by the way, so obviously I don't know how effective they are in tournaments, this is just my opinion on the unit

post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 12:06 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Stormboyz - Just seem so vunerable to getting wiped out before they get anywhere near combat. And even if they get to trade blows unless you take a hideously expenive unit of them they find it hard to do enough damage to make it worth while.
Maybe adjusting the points or giving them fleet would be a good option?

Tankbustas - I think the fact you have to go for the nearest vehicle is a hinderance people dont want in an army. They can be quite effective but I would like them to be have tank hunter to help them rule the table top better. At the moment lootas are a way better option and only loose out against armour 14 vehicles.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 12:23 PM

Farseer Darvaleth's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysen View Post
Blood Angels:
Death Company with jump packs (used to be such a cool unit, now way way overpriced)
Have you seen the damage those guys can put out? They're a darn pain to take down and any number of them reaching combat is a nightmare; you'd think 10 Khorne Beserkers on the charge could finish 5 Death Company with Lemartes. But no. It required the intervention of two Daemon Princes to finish them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Chaos_Ate_My_Fingers* View Post
Be nice if the Necron Troops had a fewmore wargear options.
Soon... very soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboytervigon View Post
Flayed ones.
See above comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samules View Post
Swooping hawks and Vypers. Eldar are supposed to have good fast attack so give us some good fast attack!
Eldar are possibly one of the fastest armies I've played against. With the ability to take jetbike-riding TROOPS, jetbike-riding HQ, and a plethora of skimmer tanks and transports, they may not have epic "Fast Attack" but they are certainly darn good at attacking fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Vanguard... are overpriced...Vanguard should be a lot cheaper.

As a unit, they aren't really that expensive. Not much more costly than Assault Marines, if I remember correctly. When you start giving them all power weapons and jump packs, true, the cost increases; but they can ASSAULT when they arrive FROM DEEP STRIKE. That's just mad in anything outside Planetstrike!

Chaplains are just too bad. I suggest +1 Attack, +1 Strength from the Crozius and some more options. Hell, they'd be ok if they gave the squad Stubborn/LD re-rolls instead of Fearless.

They aren't overly expensive though, are they? Coming with a power weapon and 4++ as standard. Perhaps there should be an option for a Master of Sancity with a more buffed statline (3W), bigger crozius (like you said) and perhaps some kind of Holy Rites option where you can choose one for xpts.

Chapter Masters need some kind of stat bonuses (+1 WS/BS/I) over Captains.

Yeah, paying 25ps for an Orbital Bombardment is a little silly methinks. Hell, make Chapter Masters more expensive, I want him to be W4 S/T5, I6, WS7, and have 5A!

Drop Pods should have no guns on them but not give away kill points.

+1.
Now that I've addressed those units, I'll add my own.

I feel that Space Marine Scouts in general are a tad too expensive. It seems we're paying 5pts per model for power armour between Scouts and Tacticals, which is a little mad. Power armour is definitely worth more, so decrease Scout cost accordingly!

Give a man a match, and he's warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Cato Marquand
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 01:45 PM
LordKulvax's Flag is: United Kingdom

Possessed Marines, they can be good but can also be a massive waste
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 03:46 PM

HUMYN HYBRID's Flag is: Australia

im a massive tau player, and i highly dislike close combat, but when it comes to assaulting, the kroot just seem to drop like flies when being shot at. i reckon they should get at least some kind of armour save, but what would make them even deadlier... if they were assault troops, not rapid fire. otherwise you have to choose between shooting an army down, or assaulting, i mean, with that kind of power they have now, it is a better choice, in case of an assault trap, but i have not run into that kind of situation. ther kroot are very agile, and very strong, i dont see why they cant shot an enemy down, then assault the survivors. they would be much more effective, and also, the ethereals. they could be changed a bit so that my army isnt insta-killed when i decide to field them. maybe allow normal ethereals to have body guards like aunva, cus they just hammer if they get close enough.

If you can't amaze people with your intelligence... Confuse them with your bullshit!
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 03:50 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

40k too? Awesome. So,
Death Co with packs. Its just a waste. They are so easy to mess up its not even funny
Swooping Hawks. They arent good enough for how cool they are
Warp Spiders. See above
The entire Tau Army. They are awesome, but they are terrible in game
-Specifically Fire Warriors and Stealth Teams
Scouts. They should have higher bs/ws. They did in g3 and that was awesome

yeah... thats all i can think of now but will probably post later

*EDIT* Oh yeah... Kroot. Not very good, 3 scouts killed 12 out of 16 of them and the rest retreated. 2 scouts died.
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 03:58 PM
Unforgiven

gally912's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMYN HYBRID View Post
im a massive tau player, and i highly dislike close combat, but when it comes to assaulting, the kroot just seem to drop like flies when being shot at. i reckon they should get at least some kind of armour save, but what would make them even deadlier... if they were assault troops, not rapid fire. otherwise you have to choose between shooting an army down, or assaulting, i mean, with that kind of power they have now, it is a better choice, in case of an assault trap, but i have not run into that kind of situation. ther kroot are very agile, and very strong, i dont see why they cant shot an enemy down, then assault the survivors. they would be much more effective, and also, the ethereals. they could be changed a bit so that my army isnt insta-killed when i decide to field them. maybe allow normal ethereals to have body guards like aunva, cus they just hammer if they get close enough.
Kroot are only 7 pts a model.

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is no Common Sense.
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-25-11, 12:24 AM

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

They may be cheap but with no armor, low I, and LD7 they fall apart like mad. They just can't dish out wounds and take too many in return. Assault weapons or even the old genetic buffs they used to get would be great. But right now they get put on the field for the sole purpose of getting killed.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode