Necrons being tomb Kings in space may not be a bad thing - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 09:03 AM

Nicholas Hadrian's Flag is: USA

Though personally I'm curious about their new fluff, which IS going to be tomb kings in space.

To which I kinda say meh, after all the old Necrons were really very frightening, the simple fact that barely any of them had woken up and when the did the galaxy would tremble yada yada yada. Makes me wonder how they will be treated now, hope they don't lose their uniqueness.

Won't deny I love the new take of Flayed Ones though, wanting to reclaim their lost skin, being absolutely batshit crazy and flaying people because they want their flesh back? That is fascinating and somewhat more terrifying than the old "We do it to scare the everloving living shit out of you" explanation.

(yes I am crazy I personally loved Necron destroyers, it gave them this horrifying surgery-frankenstein feel, and not having any tanks/transports per-se was a unique idea, it gave them their own flavor, having to take a ride like any poor imperium shmuck just makes them alot less intimidating. Too human y'know?)

Veiw my Blood Ravens army in army showcase!

Do you ever go into a fight thinking there's no point giving my best, I'll get another chance later? We only ever get one shot, Marlin. Life is one shot. Making it count is all that matters.
+++ Skold Greypelt of the Space Wolves on Shadrac to Sergeant Marlin of the Xth Slavok Regiment +++

Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
+++ Captain Eddan Bourne, No. 2 Assault Company, Silver Skulls +++
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

i like the new fluff of the flayed ones, I dont like the new models, I want the old ones back. they were awsome

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 09:09 AM

Damn straight.

Do you ever go into a fight thinking there's no point giving my best, I'll get another chance later? We only ever get one shot, Marlin. Life is one shot. Making it count is all that matters.
+++ Skold Greypelt of the Space Wolves on Shadrac to Sergeant Marlin of the Xth Slavok Regiment +++

post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 10:09 AM

GW is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Why am i not surprised with all the bitching and moaning from some over the new models, there are some who are never ever satisfied and i can't for the life of me understand why some folk end up so grumpy and miserable, like they have some permanent chip on their sorry arsed shoulders.

If Necrons are Tomb Kings in Space then so be it.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 10:18 AM

Weapon's Flag is: Ireland

The possibilities for conversions between the Newcrons and Tomb Kings should be pretty varied.

That's definitely a good thing for me.

post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 12:52 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Sepulcher knights are HUGE. Aren't they each on a chariot base?! You'd be screwing yourself over with true LOS on that one!
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achaylus72 View Post
GW is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Why am i not surprised with all the bitching and moaning from some over the new models, there are some who are never ever satisfied and i can't for the life of me understand why some folk end up so grumpy and miserable, like they have some permanent chip on their sorry arsed shoulders.

If Necrons are Tomb Kings in Space then so be it.
Yeesh dude, I'm not saying this ruins necrons and GW for me, I just liked the old ones better especially since the new fluff is an unknown quantity, they have me worried that they might not be making the best choice.

After all, there IS a difference between satisfied and pleased.

I am "SATISFIED" with the new necron models I have seen thus far (still dont know what the wraiths look like, so here's to hoping they're cool"

Am I "HAPPY" with the new flayed ones? Heck no, the new ones look like they wrapped themselves in fleshy toilet paper and called it a day.

(also, Newcrons? I like it.)

post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 08:32 PM

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

It wasn't until I saw the new sculpts that I gave the Necrons a second look at all. I didn't know much about the fluff but always heard not very good things about it. Now? I'm intrigued. Tomb Kings in Space? Cool. I liked TK and VC, so why not? It's a horde or evil... dig it
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 10:06 PM

C'Tan Chimera's Flag is: USA

I don't think its bad at all- my worry about it was the idea that GW was just going to directly rehash an existing theme. I feared it was going to be weakly handled and they'd basically just be a reskin of the actual Tomb Kings army. Instead, I'm glad to see they've really worked to differentiate it aesthetically and fluff wise.

Granted, I'll still work to keep them mostly robotic and some TK rather than the other way around. I don't mind the new models at all, but expect to see plenty of conversions regardless.
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 11:05 PM

Lubacca's Flag is: USA

I'm going to make all of mine Cylons

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode