What SM chapter deserves their own codex? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

View Poll Results: What original SM chapter deserves its own codex?
Imperial Fists 19 27.14%
Iron Hands 18 25.71%
Raven Guard 8 11.43%
Salamanders 19 27.14%
White Scars 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 01:02 PM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

Now different army lists contained in one big space marine codex, that i could get behind. Basically you have all the units, special rules etc in one codex but choose which chapter you are going to use which then unlocks certain units/ rules and limits others.

Or at least a big book for all the 'codex chapters' which in turn has different army lists and rules for distinct chapters -eg white scars, ultramarines, iron hands etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Yeah, like a generic list at the first, then distinctive differences for individual chapters in the back. I could go for that again. I think it would entice more people to play different chapters other than BA and BT.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 01:28 PM

the traits were abandoned as they only made the army stronger than how a balanced dex should operate, due to the fact that the drawbacks section was too easy to avoid. however that could easily hev been amended so each positive trait had a direct disadvantage attached to it

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 02:03 PM

Personally, I'd like a bit more detail on the Crimson Fists. I think they look cool and would like to see that chapter receive some expansion on their part.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 02:07 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

None of the ones in your poll, and only half of the ones that already have (not BT and DA)

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 03:07 PM

Moonschwine's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd buy all of them if there was one codex with associated fluff for each of the founding chapters (barring the missing ones). Otherwise I'd rather see the buddy-cop books of the old days like Angels of Death etc etc.

At present though Codexes just don't contain enough for me to warrant buying them simply to find out more about the Crimson Fists, Iron Hands etc organization structure.

Inspiring Quote:

"Ambition is the biggest killer of Momentum"

Active Projects:

The Catechized

Starting afresh with my Chaos Space Marines.

Project Log Link (Placeholder) -

Project Rebuild, Reboot, Recycle:

Stripping, rebuilding and remaking my Guard army.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 03:09 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

They should return to the old Index Astartes articles that gave you additional rules.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 03:14 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Really I dunno why they can't do a 'Codex Astartes' as something of a suppliment book. You get a bit of blurb about there being so many chapters and so forth... Each one gets a few pages of fluff, a couple of special characters, and then some generic army rules and special units or organisation for each, and then a big ass gallery of sucessor chapters and so forth, with a 'refer to the SM codex for X unit or X rule'. May need to buy two books to play Salamanders, but at least you could play them.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 07:02 PM

The cursed founding chapters ;)

** LOUD JARRING CHORDS **

"NOBODY expects the Deathwing Assaulting Fortress of Redemption! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Lion.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."

"Now, Interrogator-Chaplain Biggles...Fetch the CUSHIONS!"
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 07:40 PM
Well That Was Unexpected

Space Marines should have one codex, in which, there are two - four pages of unique rules for special units, characters and army wide powers, for each individual chapter.

Games Workshop would theoretically lose money, but 50 for a mammoth codex Space Marines would make them a pretty penny and most players are for some chapter or another.

Black Templars, Crimson Fists, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves etc etc are all Space Marines, the only difference being their individual styles and their ratio of adherence to the index Astartes.

There is more difference between an Emperor's Children Warband and a Nurgle Warband, than between two loyalist Space Marine Chapters IMO. Even then, Chaos doesn't have individual codices (nor should it) so why do loyalists?

Its annoying, and if they removed a few of the seperate Chapter codices they could add two more xeno races or a mechanicum codex which is badly needed.

That's my opinion anyway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode