How much non GW pieces can you use? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 12:13 AM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
for me the rule is I can use models that are anywhere from 1% to 99% none GW, simply because I don't care, my money, my army, my choice of opponents and where I play
Do you have this view on life too? because you are going to get a rude awakening in the near future.

if the model needs to be around 50% GW then just make sure you use GW paint and a GW Base or something..... that should cover it

Chaosftw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 12:27 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Around 70-80% of my IG army is non-GW.
Around 20% of my SM are non-GW.

I don't play in a GW store (don't play 40k in ANY stores) and GW don't tell us what we can use in tournaments, either.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 12:32 AM

Samules's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tiberius View Post
for me the rule is I can use models that are anywhere from 1% to 99% none GW, simply because I don't care, my money, my army, my choice of opponents and where I play
Unless of course you want to play in a GW store and use their gaming and painting areas. But it's obvious you don't do that.

Remember it only has to be 50% GW on the outside, you can use whatever base model you want as long as it's tooled up on the surface with GW bitz.

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 01:39 AM

James Tiberius's Flag is: Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosftw View Post
Do you have this view on life too? because you are going to get a rude awakening in the near future.
my views on toy soldiers cannot be compared to my views on life, to even suggest the two are connected is desperate, very very desperate indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samules View Post
Unless of course you want to play in a GW store and use their gaming and painting areas. But it's obvious you don't do that
well you can't play in GW stores anyway, or paint or model, all the ones round me are 1 man stores, so gaming is not allowed, not even demo games if more than 2 people are in store, same for painting or model making, so thats fine by me, not very nice places to game anyway I find.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 07:34 AM

Samules's Flag is: USA

Huh, my one man store has 2 gaming tables and a painting table and is packed every day after 3 o clock except sundays.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 07:44 AM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
If I wanted to use bits from another company, for example scibor lion shoulder pads with GW Space Marines, would I be able to use them in the store? Is there a definitive rule stating what you can and can not use or something in between?
What, you didn't believe me?
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysen View Post
What, you didn't believe me?
I did I just wanted more opinions, as it differs from store to store and I was wondering if there is a definitive rule on the issue
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 10:19 AM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

In each of my armies there's approximately between two to five models which aren't 'pure' GW. Those might be models from other sources which have been spiced up a little with GW parts, even if it's only for the base design, or they are total conversions with parts both GW and non-GW. Latest project was a warshrine of Slaanesh - only the beasts of burden actually were GW steeds of Slaanesh, everything else was scratch build or converted. Thus far no one complained.
I'm also using a lot of older models (especially from the chaos and / or eldar range) which todays younger players wouldn't instantly recognize as GW models.

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult

Last edited by Sworn Radical; 09-17-11 at 10:22 AM.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 10:37 AM