What army suffers at your hobby shop - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 03:58 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Around here? The Space Marines, strangely enough. Most of the veteran players use other armies you see, and that leaves the Space Marines in the hands of the... not yet particularly capable.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 04:06 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Tau. Our regular tau player just cannot resist charging his battle suits into combat. Sigh

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 04:42 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

its pretty balanced here pretty balanced between Power Armored armies, IG, E/DE, and Chaos (both). Nids are starting to go away though.

Tau, Metal/Color-of-army Toasters (necrons), BTs, DAs, SoB...all the older codexs dont do very well. but that said there's still a few people who play them with consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 05:27 AM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

Well, it's been awhile since I played at my local store. Though, last I was there things seemed pretty even as to who was able to win and what have you. I was rolling necrons at the time and won a fair amount of matches. Whenever there was a 2x2 match these same guys (blood angels and tau) seemed to annihilate any others. Though, I think the tau player made up a lot of crap cause nobody else played em. If I had to pick an army that seemed to get spanked more than others it would be the eldar, but I don't think the guys that played em knew how to use em very well.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 05:37 AM

eyescrossed's Flag is: Australia

Well we only have 4 or 5 regular players, but the armies are Space Marines, Blood Angels, Tau, Imperial Guard, Tyranids, Chaos Marines, Eldar and Dark Eldar. I might be forgetting one.

As for the one who suffers most? Probably the Tau/IG. Their player can't find the right balance with IG, and frankly, he just sucks with Tau. Other than that, Space Marines. Out of two of the three players who use them occasionally, one has a really weird army (30+ Termies, 20 Tacs, 3 Land Raiders) and the other is a new guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
Russ is a midget, FACT.

In fact the Spear of Russ is not in fact a spear at all, it's just the name given to the occurrence when someone accidently picks Russ up and throws him at someone.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 01:08 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

I don't even know what a 'sisters of battle' is or what said 'sisters of battle do'. Out of the active armies though? There's a guy who plays BA all jump infantry/asteroth and gets handled 9 times out of 10.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator

DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA

The one set up opposite me.

Strange, but not a Stranger.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 02:19 PM

mynameisgrax's Flag is: USA

Sisters of Battle and Eldar both do quite well at my local shop, mainly because the players using them are all very experienced with them.

Overall, there's a relatively good mix and balance of successful armies at my local hobby shop, with one notable exception: the poor Tau always seem to get their teeth kicked in. Regardless of the mission, the second half of every game, where units begin reaching close combat, is where they always seem to fall to pieces.

Necron and Daemons can have a tough time, but both win at least 2-3 times as much as the Tau over here.

The first casualty of war is neither innocence nor truth.

The first casualty of war is always subtlety.

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 05:25 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Tau are challenging to play, takes a while to master the current codex and unfortunately this is represented in games. I have a very positive win rate with them though, but the same can't be said for the other Tau locals, who probably win/draw only one in three games.

However, Tyranids are going through all kinds of hell right now. There are three Tyranids players and I'm not exaggerating when I say they have a total of 2 wins between them since the new codex between them. In the old edition they used to win lots and lots.

Even the lone local Necron player consistently trashes them.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 05:50 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Largely speaking most of the armies played do ok... I upset things a little normally since I'm one of the best players in the store and deliberately use weak armies, so daemons and necrons (which are almost exclusively used by me) do very well.

Nilla marines, tyranids and tau all fare pretty badly. I really don't rate C:SM as an army; the non-codex chapters are simply better, a lot of the local tyranid players haven't really struck onto a balance that works for them and tau suffer from being tau... I'm sure that good tau armies exist, but I haven't seen them. They just dont seem to have enough shots to do enough damage; sure tau weaponry is nasty... but not when it fires twice, misses once then dies

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode