Sisters or Knights? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Azwaz's Flag is: Wales

Default Sisters or Knights?

Ok guy, I have a bit of a dilemma. I collect two armies at the moment that all my friends consider evil and I always felt a bit weird allying with people who were good (I mean I dont mind for the sake of the game, but I do like it when something makes sense too). Between us we have covered most of the armies, only leaving two teams for good guys left, Sisters of Battle and Grey Knights.

My question isnt which is better... I'm just looking for some opions because I know so little about them. I'm in no rush at the moment because I have plenty to do with my current armies. I kinda want to get the ball rolling though.

Basically I thought about collecting a combination of them both before I got me second army, then Grey Knights came out with their own codex. I'm also aware that Sisters have also kinda taken a back seat. One of the reasons I want to collect them though is for the models as well as anything else, I really like them. Another thing that has come to my attention is that many people are of the opinion that the Gray Knights are overpowered in their new codex. Althought this might change when the next one comes out thats going to be what...at least 6 - 7 years down the line? I dont want to get the perfect army, in fact theres a good chance that even if I get the Grey Knights, me using them will de-power them enough to make them fair (I like to write interresting lists, not competative ones).

So I'm just kinda looking for peoples opinons of the armies, maybe you play them, or you've got a mate that does or you've played against them. Maybe you've read novels about them or whatever. You'll know more than me. I'm not looking to wind people up, and cause aggrivation with another debate about what armies are good and if a codex is reasonable or not. Just some chilled out discussion to enlighten me would be perfect.

Thanks guys : D

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 07:30 AM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

If you don't have any of the models yet, I'd say avoid Sisters for a bit, until they at least get a little more love in the form of plastic models from GW. I think all you can buy are metal blisters, so building any force with them would be a wee bit expensive.

On the bright side, they may be getting done in the near-ish future.

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 07:48 AM

The Ebon Flight's Flag is: USA

*Flips coin*

I would try out the sisters, just hope they get some model love in terms of available models.

Current Project: Dark Angels

My Blog - Updated 2/26/12 - http://spencersprojectblog.blogspot.com/

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Yeah, I'd heard something about Sisters getting redone to some degree. There was a mention of POSSIBLE model changes/releases and newrules through white dwarve. I like the standard troops, the Seraphim and the Penance Engines. I may end up getting the engines anyway because I like those models so much, then I could just ally them in appocolypse games.

neither of you even mentioned the Knights... is there that much hate for them out there? I was more worried that people were only going to give their opinions on the knights (posative or negative) and completely disregard the Sisters.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 09:09 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I had written a long and well thought out post, but I lost connection to the internet as I posted it, so I will just put out my final thoughts. :

Get a combination of both, that`s what I am doing, for I feel that they both are better suited for small task force armies.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 01:39 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

go with the SoBs because evereyone likes to paint boobies

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 01:44 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

I would say sisters of battle, purely so your models can purge the xenos with fire!!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Quote:
I would say sisters of battle, purely so your models can purge the xenos with fire!!
Steady on! I've got my own Xeno's to look after you know. I'll have to keep them in seperate boxes.... I wouldnt want to open the cupboard one day and theres bits of model everywhere.

Quote:
go with the SoBs because evereyone likes to paint boobies
I do like a nice bit of booby, maybe I should convert them all into bikinis...

Quote:
I had written a long and well thought out post, but I lost connection to the internet as I posted it, so I will just put out my final thoughts. :

Get a combination of both, that`s what I am doing, for I feel that they both are better suited for small task force armies.
Well its the thought that counts, thats happend to me plenty of times so I appreciate that you tried to show me your efforts. Can you do that then, collect both together? I thought since the Grey Knights got their own codex that you'd have to ally them... a HQ and 2 Troop each and all that. Originally I wrote myself a 1500 pt army to buy over time that consisted of both, didnt think that would work anymore, if I can I think that would be my prefference.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 04:42 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

sorry working on flagellant warband at the moment lead by a Mordheim witch hunter with a few hounds, lots of zealous fiery thoughts!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 04:44 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Right now? With the sister release via WD and no real sign of a plastic sisters box?

I wouldn't even consider the sisters as a full army. Maybe a single squad if you like the models. Grey knights however are fully fleshed out. If you like their current models, go for it. It's a small army when you look at model count. Also not the most expensive ever to assemble, so it's a good choice for an off-army.

As for people claiming they are OP, don't worry. That's the normal codex hopper hype / the doomcryers you get with every codex release. I wouldn't pay any attention to that.

I mean, if you look at it like an investment (wich it is, an army is never cheap): GKs are by far your safest bet.

*EDIT* I just saw your question regarding allies. That system will be gone within 2 months or so. Don't count on it. All the codexes will be very much stand-alone.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode