Sisters or Knights? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Azwaz's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by coke123 View Post
Those people are either Daemons players, or idiots. Grey Knights are balanced- if GK are giving you troubles, then so are the rest of the 5th edition codices (bar perhaps Tyranids).
Thanks, the more I here stuff like that its evening things out. Like I said, its not my goal to start anymore riots or feuds between Grey Knights players and EVERYONE else, but it was a concern of mine. The more people that say its not that overpowered is making me realise that maybe it is just because its new and a lot of people just havent got used to fighting them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandathe
I'm a SOB player, and until new models come out in a squad-sized box... I'd recommend starting with the GK army.
I'm also appreciating this, people giving my honest opinions about the armies they collect. Thanks for that Shandathe, I think I may be taking your advice and just holding back on the sisters... for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB
Since you dont play competitively and already have a list, you should get the basics for both. Go with 2 standalone armies, and hopefully no one will mind. In tournaments youd be screwed for this, but I think you should be fine.
Although, there is truth to SoB having nothing right now. I suggest getting your troops/HQ for you knights and then biding your time and buying no more until SoB have an update.
Yeah, like I was saying to Shandathe, I think your right, this is probably my best bet. I dont really play competatively, I've only ever thought about going to a tournament a few times, but I was worried that everyone would take it TOO seriously. Its gets bad enough in our friendly games! My friends wont mind my allying the two individual armies I dont think (They let me get away with my 1k demon/chaos joint army, although I swear one of them is trying to make me feel its morally wrong...).

I think I might get the Grey Knights codex. I was thinking of buying a novel anyway, so I may as well get that and read some fluff and rules in there. Then maybe I can start planning again how to start collecting them. I've not given up on the Sisters of Battle, even if Games Workshop almost have, once they re-release some of their stuff I'll look into what to reinforce my Grey Knights with. The mere fact that not every response in here was confirming the overpowered-ness of the Grey Knights codex makes me feel better, never mind that no-one did and 2 people said doent worry about it. Thanks a lot guys, this has been really helpful... and hey, we didnt start any fights! woo hoo!

oh yeah, and coke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coke123 View Post
Those people are either Daemons players, or idiots. Grey Knights are balanced- if GK are giving you troubles, then so are the rest of the 5th edition codices (bar perhaps Tyranids).
steady on mate! Tyranids are my first army... and I'm sure if I was allowed to field as many as there are meant to be out there, they'd kill us all... all I tell you, bwa ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HAARRR...

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 12:06 PM

coke123's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azwaz View Post
oh yeah, and coke...

steady on mate! Tyranids are my first army... and I'm sure if I was allowed to field as many as there are meant to be out there, they'd kill us all... all I tell you, bwa ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HAARRR...
lol, true, but the fact of the matter is, you can't. Gotta say, I like 'Nids as well, and was thinking of starting them after my GK, but my Eldar are looking a little sad, being left on the shelf since I picked up marines...

"Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad."

Also known as BaselessElm
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

Thats right! i love my Tyranids, you really should crack on with your Eldar thou, they are after all almost extinct. i put a bid on a Grey Knights codex today on E-bay... so the ball is in motion and hopfully in due time i'll have some demon hunters and and sassy lassies in power armour to reinforce them.

right now thou i should probably be concertrating on painting up the rest of my Tyranids and Thousand Sons.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 10:41 PM

Rumours of SoB coming back with plastic. They used to do 10-girl boxes of plastic ones. But they got pulled from GW because rumour also states they don't like them. However they gained great popularity when they were put in the Dawn of War: SoulStorm expansion. With the Grey Knights getting a seriously awesome makeover, I don't see why SoB won't. However I don't expect it soon.

Grey Knights are perfect for people on a small budget or want to do an Elite army. I will be gettiing a army of them sometime... but I have a HUGE lizardmen army to do....
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

My girlfriend isnt massively impressed either, I mean appart from my existing Tyranid and Chaos armies that are not finished being painted... have I have a unit of wood elves and ogres to paint. I set myself limitations on the fantasy armies that I will apply to the Grey Knights. I have to paint the entire box of minitures before I by another for that army and I can only by one at a time.

She doest really think I should be getting any more, but I really like the models and appear to be getting away with it for now. As a show of good faith, I told her to change my E-Bay password so that I couldnt spiral out of control again (None of my chaos things were shop baught). Really hoping I get that Grey Knights codex, I'm getting quite excited about getting some now, I've always liked the models... that didnt stop me from ogling the Sisters of Battle models on the website though... just thinking ahead. I like the idea of a Dreadknight flanked by a couple of Penance engines walking down the battle field. The sight of that would sure make me sh*t my pants. : )

...Oh yeah, and looking at the Grey Knights stuff too... I would have probably pre-ordered the bloody Knights if someone had told me about the Jokaero. I mean, what the hell? They get too look cool and are the only army with space monkeys!??!? (well, apes, but still...)

Last edited by Azwaz; 06-23-11 at 11:07 PM.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 02:00 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublehalf View Post
Rumours of SoB coming back with plastic. They used to do 10-girl boxes of plastic ones.
There have NEVER been 10-girl boxes of plastic ones. Metal ones, yes. Plastic, no. But as I said, we've been blister-only for about a year and a half now.

Azwaz, one bit of warning, putting Knights side by side with Sisters might be a bit harder soon as the Allies rule is about to disappear entirely (Witch Hunters is the last holdout, and it's getting replaced in the august/september WDs... quite possibly because of that). GW is pretty much nixing multi-codex armies outside of Apocalypse games. Not likely an issue in a friendly game, but...

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Relaxed Gamer

I know, I know... I dont expect people to think its within the boundries of the rules. The way I see it is... if there were four of us playing 2 teams, each with 2 1000pt armies in each team... how is that any different to playing 1 person has 2 1000pt armies and against another 2 1000pt armies controlled by 2 players?

What are they going to do, ban friends playing in the same team in games below 3000pts? Regardless of that, like I said, I pretty much exclusivly play friendly games. Our friendly games get heated enough at times, I would hate to play competatively. Same reason I stopped playin sport for a team when I was kid... at the end of the day, its just a game to me, but to other people ITS A WAY OF LIFE. Screw that, I want to have fun : ).

Also, before my second army when I was thinking about making a Grey Knights/Sisters of Battle... I was equally close to completely converting a Cult Mechanicus army... and I'm pretty sure thats way more out there on the boundries of the rules than allying 2 'real' armies. I may still do that in time, but for now... E-bid on Grey Knights codex to resolve and I'm one step closer to helping the 'good' guys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode