Why are Rhinos crap? - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykolas2k View Post
It's too flimsy for my tastes; and while I do admit that my Dark Eldar Raiders are also flimsy, they're also fast enough to make up for it.
With my marine squads on foot, I can often use the terrain for cover whilst I move into prime shooting and assaulting positions. And the points that would have been spent on rhinos get spent on things I consider to be more useful, such as dreadnoughts and similar...
I agree with you they are to me the flimsiest transport as other transports that have weaker armour have other abilities to increase their survivabilty or their effectiveness. But they are also very very cheap for an expensive army like SM and CSM so you can't really expect much

At most I'd use 2 with one razorback. 2 tac. squads, one command squad. they'd help keep a constant line with my assault marines advancing. Also I have over charged engines so that does make them a lot better for me....

Have you checked Son of Horus's piece about them? It's very helpful for tactics and to use them well.... Check it out coz it might give you some ideas....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!

Last edited by Lord Reevan; 06-19-08 at 12:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 01:42 PM

chaos vince's Flag is: USA

i gotta agree with vrykolas if only from a chaos standpoint. i've never played loyalist marines so honestly i can't form an opinion on their worth for loyalists except based on games i've watched. for chaos rhino's aren't worth the limitations that they put on squad sizes, since in my mind two or three 15 to 20 man squads of cult marines are the perfect troop choices. Thats just my opinion though. some people find marines advancing in ork like hordes profoundly unnatural. i have used rhino's once or twice to add a bit of flexibility abd when they're screened by a montrous creature or 2 they can provide a nasty suprise but for the the limitations that they impose they're just not worth it for chaos

when you gotta shoot, shoot. Don't talk...
post #63 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 02:12 PM

Vrykolas2k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Reevan View Post
I agree with you they are to me the flimsiest transport as other transports that have weaker armour have other abilities to increase their survivabilty or their effectiveness. But they are also very very cheap for an expensive army like SM and CSM so you can't really expect much

At most I'd use 2 with one razorback. 2 tac. squads, one command squad. they'd help keep a constant line with my assault marines advancing. Also I have over charged engines so that does make them a lot better for me....

Have you checked Son of Horus's piece about them? It's very helpful for tactics and to use them well.... Check it out coz it might give you some ideas....

LOL.
Thanx for nae sharing the, "We're right and you're wrong, nyah nyah nyah!" stance.
I just dont find the things useful. And fluff-wise, as many as I've blown up with my various armies, I don't see how any of them could be thousands of years old...

Vae victus.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your damned BOOK!"
-Patton

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

post #64 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 06:43 PM

Don't mention it. I enjoy seeing as many views on a subject as possible and dislike having people undermine that opinion.
"I do not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it"-Voltaire I believe.... and probably not correct but meh

Well going with dreadnoughts only the complete destruction of the vehicle will stop it (not quoted so is different to how its properly worded) So it might be thousands of years old but probably only the steering wheel is.... They still count it as the original..... Silly techmarines

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Last edited by Lord Reevan; 06-19-08 at 06:54 PM.
post #65 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykolas2k View Post
LOL.
Thanx for nae sharing the, "We're right and you're wrong, nyah nyah nyah!" stance.
I just dont find the things useful. And fluff-wise, as many as I've blown up with my various armies, I don't see how any of them could be thousands of years old...
Isnt that the same thing your doing?? some of us find uses for the rhino. just cus it does not work for u does not mean its wrong. they are just as right as u. its all in how u play.

but back to the first post about the fluff of it, its a transport. not a fighting transport. its like compering a 5-ton to a MRAP. both can carry troops but the MRAP can take a hit as a 5-ton can not.

Last edited by ClubnBabySealz; 06-19-08 at 07:41 PM.
post #66 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 07:51 PM

Vrykolas2k's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubnBabySealz View Post
Isnt that the same thing your doing?? some of us find uses for the rhino. just cus it does not work for u does not mean its wrong. they are just as right as u. its all in how u play.

but back to the first post about the fluff of it, its a transport. not a fighting transport. its like compering a 5-ton to a MRAP. both can carry troops but the MRAP can take a hit as a 5-ton can not.

Not at all.
I discuss why I think I'm right.
I don't inform others that they're wrong (read the posts on the previous page to see what I mean)... unless it comes to some written rule that's been overlooked, mistranslated, and so on...

Vae victus.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your damned BOOK!"
-Patton

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Vrykolas2k; 06-19-08 at 07:53 PM.
post #67 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 08:00 PM

ok i see that now. sorry about that.
post #68 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubnBabySealz View Post
Mind that Rhinos, Predators, Immolators and Whirlwinds are all variants of the same vehicle.
post #69 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 08:09 PM

yes i was just making a small comperason between the 2. you could go more into it with up armor or LSV. but im lazy. so i keep it simple.
post #70 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-19-08, 08:54 PM

They have the same chassis but have different armour thickness, engines and weapon systems. Same kind of style of having a Subaru Impreza and a WRC Impreza. They use the same overall design but the latter has different materials and is tunerd up to be much more effective....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode