Meeting up for a game - Tips to stay safe - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 153 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 02:08 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Usually freeze would suffice; the sound of a 12-guage cycling followed by "don't move" usually induces sufficient panic in the individual as to stop them in their tracks. See, now I have a weapon, the potential to defend myself incase of a zombie outbreak, or burglar, and a mother with no hole in her head. Why would his mother break into his house? And no, I have never had to break into my own home. Two words: cell phone. And, if that doesn't work, I knock on the fucking door.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 153 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 02:11 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

Well, sorry Gen. But my mother HAS a whole in her head obviously, I have NO cell phone, and im clearly not as gifted a human being as you. You'll forgive me though, wont you? Im begging you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #103 of 153 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 02:15 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

I will let you off with a warning this time.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #104 of 153 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 02:17 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

And another flame war averted by Lord Sven's "feigned" idiocy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #105 of 153 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 02:18 AM

johnnymajic's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sven Kittyclaw View Post
It will really suck if one day your mother/girlfriend/father etc. has to sneak into your house and you shoot them.
I just have to say that this is the most Canadian thing I've heard on this forum. So anti gun. I wish I could carry a .44, instead all I have is this stupid ass frag grenade
post #106 of 153 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 02:22 AM
The Apathetic Sociopath

OrkByTheGraceOfGork's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymajic View Post
I just have to say that this is the most Canadian thing I've heard on this forum. So anti gun. I wish I could carry a .44, instead all I have is this stupid ass frag grenade

I'll trade up for your grenade.

post #107 of 153 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 11:55 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

wow, i am impressed, glad to see the Heresy site Senior members are looking out for people that they A:have never meet B: will likely never meet. say what you will altruism is alive and well.

my hat (if i owned one, some were) is off to you. with more people like you the world will be a kinder place.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #108 of 153 (permalink) Old 12-26-10, 02:48 PM

AngelofHope's Flag is: Grreece

Wow, bringing weapons to a 40K game meeting? Imagine the "other person"'s reaction if he sees it! Now, who is the "weirdo"?

Just cut the "ninja" thing, swords suck for indoors, are illegal to bear outside, and might make a misunderstanding end in serious harm. Being too paranoid might make YOU the "other person", so just be careful. Meet at a local gaming store and everything is fine. Not so much fuzz is needed.

6th Ed. Tournament Log:
Slaanesh Chaos Marines Tourney list 0/0/0
Nurgle Chaos Marines list 0/0/0
Winner of Greek 40K GT 2009 (Chaos Space Marines)

post #109 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 01:03 AM

Levendus's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice thread, good idea.. I do admire one thing about the Warhammer gaming community - Young kids, teens and older chaps all get along perfectly well...I was in a GW store the other day and there were two of the regulars just chatting away. One was a kid of about 9 and the other a 45 year old dude. Just chilling and talking about tactics and strategies, as if they were good mates. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Good thread though, I bet there are some creeps out there! I'm not just talking about the store staff either.. ;)
post #110 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-12-11, 06:30 PM

Ashkore08's Flag is: South Africa

In my opinion, this thread is extremely warranted, although that depends on your location. Me? i Live in South Africa, and our crime rates are exorbitantly higher than most other "civilized" states/countries/whatever.

The one Knife law i know here is that you may carry one, but the blade length may no be longer then the breadth/width( not sure ) of your palm.
This is awesome, but it gives real criminals the excuse to carry a potentially deadly weapon. Ive been mugged 3 times in my school career, and they have all failed, mostly coz i put up a fight.
Your run-of-the-mill pervert/thief/whatever else Will bolt if you even look like your putting up a struggle, or if your shouting like Kharn in a IG regiment.
My preferred defense is a small length of metal piping, about 3-4 feet long. That+swordsmanship classes= "non-lethal" deterrent.

A Bear is just a man who made a choice.

Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...
+++ attributed to Mad Chainsaw Johnson, Commander of the White Scars +++

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode