Drop Pod - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-11, 09:40 AM

docgeo's Flag is: USA

Happy Birthday Katie!!

If you think about this scenerio realistically why couldn't you shoot through it. It is a huge open, empty building sitting there. Imagine a very large elevator with all the walls open and then think about sitting a distance away with a rife and seeing someone/thing behind it. Sure it will offer some cover but you can shot through it especially at something as large as a Dreadnaught.

Doc

Link to my Artic UltraMarines Project:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=89554
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-11, 11:20 AM

arlins's Flag is: England

Im curious also as to how the louder elements of your gaming group justify it blocking
LOS , its no diff from a ruin if i can see you i can shoot you ( coversaves applicable )
Also happy Birthday to Katie , hope you get loads
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-11, 03:08 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

@ Arlins - if they glued the hatches closed then they block LoS. however that has nothing to do with the fact the opponent can simply move their stuff so that they can see the dreadnought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-11, 07:03 PM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Once a Drop Pod lands and the ramps open that's it...they stay open, from that point on the DP is treated as cover to anything hiding behind it. As the DP is a model in it's own right and not a piece of scenery the 'Intervening Models' rule is in effect (Page 21 Shooting Phase Rules)...so any model partially hidden from the firers view by other model/s receives a 4+ cover save.

HOWEVER, as a Dreadnought is a vehicle and not infantry at least 50% of it must be obscured by the DP from the majority of the firing troops for it to be able to claim the cover save.

Personally, I would say a Dreadnought behind a DP would be classed as 'Hull Down' to troops on the opposite side (if your opponents DP has all the ramps glued shut I would still apply this rule of thumb).

As with all things in this game, common sense is your best ally and if you really cannot decide between you roll a D6...1-3 obscured, 4-6 not obscured...simples!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-11, 07:46 PM

Going with the common sense approach to the game....even if a player has his drop pods glued shut(such as myself...because I didn't want to paint the inside) shouldn't it count as open since they open and stay open at deployment. That is how you get yourweapon shots from it.

Doc

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-11, 10:15 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgeo View Post
Going with the common sense approach to the game....even if a player has his drop pods glued shut(such as myself...because I didn't want to paint the inside) shouldn't it count as open since they open and stay open at deployment. That is how you get yourweapon shots from it.

Doc
Well, the FAQ that they use at Adepticon (the biggest tournament in the US) states that if players glue their Drop Pods shut they're unable to fire their weapons.

Not... that anyone that knows anything cares what the INAT says.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-11, 08:51 AM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Well, the FAQ that they use at Adepticon (the biggest tournament in the US) states that if players glue their Drop Pods shut they're unable to fire their weapons.

Not... that anyone that knows anything cares what the INAT says.
I should say that the contents shouldn't be allowed to exit it either
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-11, 09:46 AM

Thanks Katie and Cyper,

I agree with Cyper if that is the case and they can't shoot then they shouldn't be allowed to exit either. Tourney organizers should use alittle common sense with this type of rule...I know that common sense is sometimes an enigma with GW but still this is a no brainer...lol

Doc

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-11, 10:27 AM

arlins's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgeo View Post
Thanks Katie and Cyper,

I agree with Cyper if that is the case and they can't shoot then they shouldn't be allowed to exit either. Tourney organizers should use alittle common sense with this type of rule...I know that common sense is sometimes an enigma with GW but still this is a no brainer...lol

Doc
lol gotta agree with you Doc and im glad i play with folks who have a good sense
aproach , it makes the game so much more enjoyable
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-11, 12:20 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

what happens if they magnetize the doors?can they close them when not firing and open them when its time to fire? can they open one in the direction they want to fire and leve the others closed?Why does moss grow so well in Finland?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode