Cobra - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-11, 11:25 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Schultz View Post
Agreed about the IG. It would make a bit more sense, sort of a bummer IG don't have bikes for the Drednoks, but could convert some sentinels I guess.

Thanks for your comments.
Use SM scout bikes and have them as counts as rough riders.

Love the idea, i really hope you go through with this as it's tempting me quite a lot

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-11, 11:49 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak The Unfaithful View Post
We don't have a G.I joe in old blighty, but here goes anyway:

It sounds kinda stupid and if your 100% serious about then i recommend treatment, but apart from that its unquie (no one else has done it, I can guess why) but I think its a bit stupid. If you wanna do it thats fine, go ahead, just think about what your doing first...
Um... can you give any reason why since you want to post what I take as an extremely rude post. Take your own advice and "think about what your doing first..."
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-11, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Commissar Schultz's Flag is: USA

I have to get some IG first, and as much as I'd love to post my future painting results, I'm not much of a painter. But I guess I can't get any better if I don't give it a go.

As an afterthought, if anyone has idea's or suggestions please let me know. Be kinda nice for this to be a sort of group project at least idea wise. First off I was thinking as far as the common troops "Vipers" I want them to be faceless..meaning masks and such. I like the original Cobra troops with just the black face mask, but then again the Vipers with the mirror mask almost feels more appropiate, as being anonymous soldiers. I like the idea of Cadian's being the run of the mill soldiery, but I'd have to figure out a way of masking thier faces. I've never really dabbled in many conversions, but as I said above can't get better without trying. Not saying Cadian's will be the guys I choose, but their on my mind unless something better comes along. I like the idea of an old school assassin playing the role of Stormshadow, and perhaps the Second Chancers as some of the more unique Cobra characters. For the Drednoks, I'd have to use the faces of maybe some Space Wolves or some beardy Biker looking fantasy models.

Cobra Commander, well I was thinking the hood because I don't see to many hooded chars and also that's what made him Cobra Commander. But then again they made so many variations of him over the years. I'd have to do a little research on him see what is available. Anyways, more on this tomarrow. Again, comments welcome.

-Thanks

Wonder what this does

Last edited by Commissar Schultz; 03-16-11 at 02:37 AM.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-11, 08:01 AM

LordofFenris's Flag is: USA

As a long time Anime Boston cosplayer of Cobra Commander, I whole heartedly approve of this idea! Please get some pics when you begin!

"Take a moment, please. Ponder the depths of your insignificance."

"It would be disappointing if you were unable to overcome this simplest of defenses. Hilarious, but disappointing."

Crimson Fists (C:SM)
Necrons
Khorne Daemonkin

Other
WARMAHORDES (Skorne, Blindwater Congregation, Retribution of Scyrah)
DROPZONE COMMANDER (PHR)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-11, 08:41 AM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

before thinking of what characters you'd like to be what, perhaps you should read the ig codex? it would be a great starting point, you'd get familiar with the army and be able to make informed desicions on where a character could fesably be placed.

e.g. you could represent cobra commander and deathstro as creed and kell. or cobra commander could be a company commander while deathstro could be a lord commisar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode