Tougher: Pre Heresy or Post Heresy Marine. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Commissar Schultz's Flag is: USA

Default Tougher: Pre Heresy or Post Heresy Marine.

I'd have to say Pre Heresy marines were tougher. Not that the tech has changed a lot in 10K years, but they were the Originals, and had'nt fought Orcs, Elder or any other xeno's before so that was a first. Plus they came directly from the Primarch's geneseed. I know all the geneseeds came from the primarchs, but those were like a new car, with no miles on them. Not that it makes that big a difference, but in my minds eye it just makes sense. Also, being able to fight with their primarch, actually being around them would make them fight all the harder.

Those are just my views.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:06 AM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

i agree with your reasoning.

they dont make 'em like they used to
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:09 AM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Depends, yeah, the geneseed was fresher then..

But like you said, they hadn't fought Orks, Themselves, things from the warp (much), Eldar, Dark Eldar etc. So, in my opinion, knowledge is power in this case

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:16 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-ad-man View Post
i agree with your reasoning.

they dont make 'em like they used to
But it could be argued that they were wet behind the ears, no replacement for 10k years of experience, so i would say they are better now

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:24 AM

davidmumma66's Flag is: USA

Well on the table top, Chaos Marines who are 10,000 years experienced have the same stats as marines so I am not so sure about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3con View Post
Good for the Cock, I wonder if in his little cock head he was thinking "Make me fight to the death mother fucker hows it feel when I fight you!"
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:41 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmumma66 View Post
Well on the table top, Chaos Marines who are 10,000 years experienced have the same stats as marines so I am not so sure about this.
Because every CSM is a survivor of the Horus Heresy, who has been fighting for 10k years and wasn't killed.

Anyway, to the OP.

Space Marines are Space Marines. They are just as tough now as they were then.

Except Calgar and Dante. Apparently these 2 are just freaking beasts.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

I read somewhere some Chaos legions have huge massive gladiator events and the winners are inducted into the chaos legions. So for a small portion of chaos marines the 10K years experiance counts, but only for certain CSM, like Abbadon, Kharn, Lucius, Fabius, Typhus..etc. And they were originals, further supporting my cause of the originals being tougher. Yes they have some chaos infused powers..but they were noteworthy even before becomming CSM's.

To the comment about every CSM is from Pre. I think many are, but in Storm of Iron the main char..Honso?(I forgot his name) but he had the geneseed of a Imperial Fist, they referred to him as a half breed. So not all are from the HH.

Last edited by Commissar Schultz; 02-25-11 at 01:52 AM.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 01:57 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Schultz View Post
And they were originals, further supporting my cause of the originals being tougher.
No, they were the best of the former legions. I could simply say that Logan Grimnar, Dante, Calgar, Ragnar and He'stan are all current marines and they all happen to kick ungodly amounts of ass so the latest marines are tougher .... considering all of those, or at least a few, are some of the greatest heroes their chapters have ever seen.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
No, they were the best of the former legions. I could simply say that Logan Grimnar, Dante, Calgar, Ragnar and He'stan are all current marines and they all happen to kick ungodly amounts of ass so the latest marines are tougher .... considering all of those, or at least a few, are some of the greatest heroes their chapters have ever seen.

Point taken.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 02:47 AM

Ghost792's Flag is: Australia

The pre-heresy marines did fight orks and eldar. The Ullanor campaign saw the Luna Wolves and I think a couple of other legions fighting the orks, and the Night Lords and Emperor's Children had violent encounters with the Eldar. Besides, some of the alien races that the pre-heresy legions fought against were pretty tough, such as the Laer and the beasts on Murder.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode