"Holy crap, it's a Space Marine!" - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 08:01 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Last mission of SC2, when the map goes "NYDUS WORMS, NYDUS WORMS EVERYWHERE", squads of Celestians armed with Flamers and Meltas come down in a blaze of glory with specially modified (read: every weapon mount has either a Heavy Flamer or a Multi-Melta stuck on it) Valkyries and start mopping up the place right and proper. Sure, Reapers do a great job with some half-decent micro, but thats just not the same as a decisive map-moppin' with scary nuns with flamers.

Or, if its not necessarily Imperials, then I would have been overwhelmed with joy if a Tyranid Hive Fleet started spraying the UED base with Snot Pods filled with 'fexes and 'gaunts and other stompin' chompin' Tyranid goodness in the last Zerg mission of Brood War. Most annoying enemy base to destroy EVER.

EDIT: Oh and what Sullen One said. I'd love to see some artwork with some Sisters and veteran IG laughing at one or two Marines who got stuck on some rooftop they destroyed when their Drop Pod rolled a nasty scatter and they couldn't go down the stairs and there were no functioning elevators...

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Last edited by Khorothis; 02-21-11 at 08:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 09:34 PM

Call me crazy but id love to see a couple squads of marines in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan.
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 09:43 PM
Rattlehead

King Kong: They find an unknown island, mysteriously walled and ominously silent. They suddenly hear a mighty roar from Kong, so in goes the Eversor. Two days later King Kong's head gets thrown over the wall and the tribesmen are just little piles of mince.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 09:44 PM

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

i'd like to see a salamander burst in at the end of 'of mice and men', save lenny and re-name him 'nork deddog'
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 11:03 PM

Cocakoala's Flag is: United Kingdom

In Jurassic park, If a marine with a thunder hammer jumped out the bushes and started smashing up some dinos, That would be freaking epic!

Go on just click the little guy you know you want to
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 11:25 PM

davidmumma66's Flag is: USA

I'd be quiet joyous to seeing some Chaos Space Marine Berserkers in any zombie film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3con View Post
Good for the Cock, I wonder if in his little cock head he was thinking "Make me fight to the death mother fucker hows it feel when I fight you!"
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 11:26 PM

Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany

Ghost Busters! Suddenly a squad of GK Terminators appear and start killing all the ghost with NFW^^

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 11:38 PM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Terminator - Arnie kills a Space Marine Terminator for copyright infringement.

Dog Soldiers - Space Marines get their heads ripped off by Werewolves in Kilts.

Battlestar Galactica - All the Space Marines get whacked by a Computer Virus with only the Dark Angels surviving because their version of the virus got wiped out for knowing about the Fallen.

Richard III - Space Marines get crushed by a Tank.

The God Emperor of Didcot - Space Marines get hosed down by concentrated tea.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.

Last edited by The Sullen One; 02-22-11 at 12:24 AM.
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-22-11, 12:14 AM

davidmumma66's Flag is: USA

Oh that reminds me, I'd like to see terminators in Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3con View Post
Good for the Cock, I wonder if in his little cock head he was thinking "Make me fight to the death mother fucker hows it feel when I fight you!"
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-22-11, 12:21 AM

Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA

Halo: I wouldn't mind seeing the Flood and a Tyranid invasion force fight it out.

Call of Duty: Being turned into a space marine for a little while would be a nice reward for a kill streak.

Jurassic Park: Catachans v Raptors (with the possibility of space marines riding rexes)

TES Morrowind: It would have been nice to play as an inquisitor on a mission to execute the Tribunal for heresy. (I might play through that anyway now)

A Street Fighter-esque fighting game for the various special characters in 40K.

Star Wars: Magnus destroys the deathstar through sheer force of will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode