"Holy crap, it's a Space Marine!" - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Nah, they could probably bloody up the imperial fleet a bit. Covenant ships are fucking ace. Covi supper carriers might be larger than any battle ship the imperium has.
I don't know. UNSC forces are able to, on occasion, hold their own against the Covenant. And this is without any type of void shielding, which Imperials have. Remember too, Imperial admirals have been doing this for centuries. That's experiance not even the best Covenant pilot can match.

Plus, of course...you have Space Marines. They'd board the shit out of a Covenant vessel and tear them a new one.

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war, an eternity of slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. I'm telling you man, this is a really shitty time to be alive." -Primarch Stan Wolkowski, Sons of Stan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 06:50 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

The UNSC is only ever able to hold their own when they out number the covenant by a substantial margin or the captain performs some brilliant action.... Or both. Covenant basically paint space red with UNSC fleets.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 06:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Covi supper carriers might be larger than any battle ship the imperium has.
At 27 kilometers in length, yeah supercarriers are indeed bigger than any Imperial battleship. Assault carriers, on the other hand, are evenly matched with regular Imperial cruisers. (Both coming in at 5 kilometers in length.)

Though I kind of have a hard time believing supercarriers are 27 kilometers long; thats at least 17 miles. Half of that feels believable, but not the current claim.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 07:02 PM

Tarvitz210300's Flag is: England

yeah but they dont when the elite on are side seen that clip in halo 3

minion elite: sir we are outnumbered 3 to 1
leader elite: good so then it is a fair fight commence fire
now what would happen if a space marine came
minion elite: sir we are outnumbered 3 to 1
leader elite: good so then it is a fair fight commence fire
space marine: how about i just go and hope something flukey happened and i kill the hole enemy army but die in the process
leader: sure

For all who want to know you get this from magic the gathering

post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 07:14 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

This is an excellent premise, do we have to make it another halo vs 40k thread?

For mine, whilst it wouldn't improve the movie, i'd laugh my tits off if a squad of marines jumped out at the end of E.T and shot him to high heaven.

PURGE THE XENOS!!

Elliotttttt........*ack*

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 07:18 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
At 27 kilometers in length, yeah supercarriers are indeed bigger than any Imperial battleship. Assault carriers, on the other hand, are evenly matched with regular Imperial cruisers. (Both coming in at 5 kilometers in length.)

Though I kind of have a hard time believing supercarriers are 27 kilometers long; thats at least 17 miles. Half of that feels believable, but not the current claim.
Well, considering corvettes can dock inside of the things I could see it being that large.

covi corvette.

However, in general I would think the ships are about the same size or imperial vessels would be larger on average.

On a side note, I wonder how a covi energy projector would stack up against lances..... probably more effective. Oh well, for a different thread I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
This is an excellent premise, do we have to make it another halo vs 40k thread?
It won't, just saying that if the imperial fleet jumped in and went up against the second fleet of homogenous clarity it would be decimated.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 02-21-11 at 07:26 PM.
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Imagine what Star Wars would be like.

Jar Jar: Meesa called Jar Jar Binks. Meesa your- *head explodes violently from bolt round*
Obi-Wan: WHAT THE FUCK?!

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war, an eternity of slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. I'm telling you man, this is a really shitty time to be alive." -Primarch Stan Wolkowski, Sons of Stan
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 07:41 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Minizke1
In the end of Modern Warfare 2, Crimson Fists Dreadnought comes out of nowhere and crushes Shepherd. Best. Ending. Ever.
Shepard is in Mass effect 2 not Modern warfare

Last edited by Santaire; 02-21-11 at 07:45 PM.
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 07:43 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

the inclusion of space marine in any game/movie improves it to almost infinite levels...when the space marine dies a slow painful death after doing sweet bugger all.

post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 07:54 PM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Gotta agree with Stella here. Personally I'd love some fluff where Space Marines get in sent in, only for some IG kill team to have go and rescue them, or better yet Sisters and IG, then they can have a laugh afterwards at the expense of the Marines.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode