GW Campaigns - Conclusions - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Commissar Schultz's Flag is: USA

GW Campaigns - Conclusions

I know it's been a good while since the Eye of Terror campaign and Armeggedon but is that stuff still ongoing fluff-wise or have they updated anything on them? I have been out of the 40K loop for a while, occasionally visiting GW site to see the new releases but that's about it. So I'm sorta in the dark about how those things have worked out. I did get the Feb issue of White Dwarf and they mentioned Armeggedon and that epic game they created, but it sort of left everything vague.

I figured a final conclusion to those campaigns won't be fourth comming anytime soon, I guess I'm just wondering if there are any updates concerning them.

Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 05:55 PM

apidude's Flag is: USA

You know, now that you mention it, I agree..... we haven't seen much about them. I wonder if GW decided it was not generating as much interest as they had hoped.

To a certain extent I can see the difficulty. A lot of time it is hard to keep a campaign going even when it is among friends.... much less in a large group...

I wonder if any of the others who follow news and rumours have any insights.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 06:17 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

ummm basically they ended in a draw (at least the EoT campaign)

Abaddon has a foothold on cadia - lost his fleet in exchange though.

Armageddon - orks are still there so...not much has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 07:09 PM

the cabbage's Flag is: Scotland

I liked the campaigns of old. Less for the idea of them changing the fluff than for the extra models/armies.

I'm thinking codex armageddon here, which did produce some horrible lists but immediately brought more depth to the hobby which can only be good.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-11, 08:17 PM

BearingTheWord's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cabbage View Post
I liked the campaigns of old. Less for the idea of them changing the fluff than for the extra models/armies.

I'm thinking codex armageddon here, which did produce some horrible lists but immediately brought more depth to the hobby which can only be good.
I agree...I recently got my hands on copies of both EoT and Armageddon and am enjoying the read through. Cannot wait to give them both a bit of a run through, even though some tweaks will need to be made to it. I wish they'd do more stuff like this.

My first experience, many years ago, was in playing through one of the old second edition campaigns that were out then. Not sure which one it was or where the friend of mine, who got me into the hobby, had found it, but it was very cool playing through the scenarios in it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode