Little Kids who play Chaos - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Minizke1's Flag is: USA

Little Kids who play Chaos

So I'm a new player, only about 3 games under my belt. My most recent game was against some 12-year-old who played Thousand Sons. The residing "referee" was busy with a blood angels vs. orks match. This kid made up so many fake rules, even he was having trouble keeping track of them. Is it just me, or does every little kid who plays 40k, specifically magic or psyker-based armies, make up rules to help himself win by default?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 04:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Its not just you, but its also not always the case. There are some older people who will do anything in order to win just like some younger people do.

You can also find some younger people who act more adult and as better sports than some older opponents.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #3 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 04:38 AM

wombat_tree's Flag is: Australia

Yes, every twelve year old is obsessed with winning /sarcasm/. Sure some of them are, but that doesn't mean that every single one of them is.

Praise the sun!

post #4 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 04:40 AM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sadly you'll always get a few people who resort to innovative methods (cheating) in order to win. Best thing to do is to either call them on it or make up some rules of your own until they stop.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.
post #5 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 04:50 AM

Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minizke1 View Post
So I'm a new player, only about 3 games under my belt. My most recent game was against some 12-year-old who played Thousand Sons. The residing "referee" was busy with a blood angels vs. orks match. This kid made up so many fake rules, even he was having trouble keeping track of them. Is it just me, or does every little kid who plays 40k, specifically magic or psyker-based armies, make up rules to help himself win by default?
Not always, but there are many people cheating. Younger players are more obsessed with winning, it is the same in TCG like Magic.

I would like to know which rules he made up, I always like to hear stuff they make up

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/
post #6 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 05:33 AM

Shag's Flag is: Kenya

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat_tree View Post
Yes, every twelve year old is obsessed with winning /sarcasm/. Sure some of them are, but that doesn't mean that every single one of them is.
I totally agree with you sir. I don't think age has much to do with it. I don't believe maturity always comes with age and I don't believe that all young persons are unreasonable. I am fortunate to play with some friends in my apartment. We have disagreements and we all want to win, but we work through it with civility and if there is legitimate confusion to a rule we use the roll off technique.
post #7 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 05:59 AM

Snake40000's Flag is: Canada

Repeating what has already been said; but it is on a person to person basis, not age. If you having that big of an issue with it try this thread for how to deal with cheating.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=55709

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20218&dateline=129784  1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
hes a fraud then, he should be burned as a Witch and flayed like the donkey lover he is, and he should be told off by his mother in front of his school friends.
Want to see some of my work?
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=83503
post #8 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 08:28 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

dont like youre thread name, but yeah little kids cheat. they do not think of the consequences of cheating. so get together with youre league cordinator, shop owner, or other players and make up a 3 strike policy. if they cheat 3 times they get banned from playing at youre shop for like 2 weeks or a month youre choice. that will really kick them in the balls/ovaries. at first they will be pissed(say they will never come again or yell and protest and say they didnt know it wasnt a legit rule, or my calculator must have messed up and didnt count the 300 extra points im over.) anyways you can weed them out this way. most of them after the 1st time getting banned will make sure they get their shit together, but there are some stuborn ones who will continue and get banned 2 or 3 more times.
one kid got banned 5 times, and are shop gives him the cold shoulder now. no one will play with him. his dad came down and asked us to play with him and that he will not cheat again, but he cheated the first game back saying that he gave his space wolves squads the anti pysichic power, and taking upgrades on rhinos like extra armor. or he had the nerver to put powerfists on his sqauads without adding the points for them. anyways thats how we deal with kids at my shop or anybody who has cheated.
also i rarely see kids play chaos space marines. they always play blackreach marines or orcs. most of them are spacemarine players fielding vulkan and drop pod vangaurd squads with combi meltas with a librarian that gives them all 5 up invuls.
post #9 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 08:43 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

one of the ways my shop has weeded out point cheaters is by making it requirment to field a army builder list. they either by it or hope someone is nice enough to bring their laptop down and let them build a list on it. this get rid of those cheaters who forget to add extra armor on their points because it will make them go over. and my favorite is the kids who upgrade their sergants with wargear they didnt pay for. or my personal favorite is the ever changeing drednoughts. they may be drednoughts on the point cost, but they are venerable or iron clad depending on what is hapening that turn. lol had a kid who said his dreadnought was a venerbale dreadnought but when i looked at his list he had hidden away when he brought it up it said dreadnought..
i think since we have made the army builder law the biggest cheating we have been dealing with is proxy cheats. people will not mark a model they are proxying as something. like one time a kid proxied a devestator squad(which is cool with me i have no problem with that at all) but he was taking 1 lascannon 1 plasmacannon and 2 rocket launchers. none were marked. and he fired his plasmacannon from one model his frist turn and then the next turn when it was more convienient for his plasmacannon to be firing from a posistion he could see more khorne bezerkers thast had emergancy disembarked their rhino and were bundled together. i called him out on it and we debated for like 20minutes until i said fuck it and played the game and kicked his ass anyways.
but yeah i hate cheaters

Last edited by 5tonsledge; 02-20-11 at 08:46 AM.
post #10 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 09:01 AM

Swarmlord's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minizke1 View Post

Little bastards indeed!!!

I have found myself in afew battles with around 12-15 (i think). One was just like the snotling you ran into. another was a throne slave that would cheat his butt off! this kid would move an inch more or bump rolled dice. The one runt that i still cant not stand b/c he comes to my local all the time is an elder player enough said on that.

I have had alot of luck telling the kids that if the bullshite keeps up then im quiting and word will get around the local.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode