Deff Dread Mob army list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-11, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

IanC's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Deff Dread Mob army list

Anyone run one of these armies? I just got Imperial Armour volume 8 today (initially for the Elysian list) and this just stuck out to me as something that would be fun to play. Of course some people probably wouldn't let me use an army made with that list, but meh, who cares right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-11, 11:05 PM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

Well, I'm building a similar army as we speak. Take two big meks, two deff dreads as troops. Two squads of 3 killa kans. Though I altered things a bit, taking burnas and mobs of gretchin as fodder. Haven't tried it out yet as i'm still missing a deff dread and some killa kans. Though I think if anything it'll be fun to play.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-11, 11:33 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

I could if i augmented my Apocalypse army somewhat. Have done a few times.

It being an official army list in an IA book makes for few objections, in my experience anyway. Just make sure you have it (IA8) with you when you play and you should be fine using a Dread Mob list.
Only the obsessively anally retentive player will deny a game. Those are the people not worth wasting your time playing.

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Well I picked up Codex: Orks and a Deff Dread today, so I can make a possible start on it.
Im also thinking of taking a Looted Wagon, maybe using a Leman Russ

edit - holy cow the Deff Dread looks really magnetisable! Even four shooty weapon mounts. Hmmmm

Last edited by IanC; 02-20-11 at 06:48 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 06:50 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Psh, Elysian's are quality. D-99 from IA4? Yesh Pleash. Vultures are OUTSTANDING. Premier Anti Horde - 600pts for 12 Ordnance Templates? Bahahaha.

Just a shame that the rival list was Armour based. =/. On the bright side, it's Orks, so AV12 is a bit of an issue.

But yeah, IA lists are quality, the last 3 or 4 being quality (not to sure on the SM Siege list personally - but Tyrants Legion, Dreadmob, and in particular Elysian's being my favourites).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 07:23 PM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
Well I picked up Codex: Orks and a Deff Dread today, so I can make a possible start on it.
Im also thinking of taking a Looted Wagon, maybe using a Leman Russ

edit - holy cow the Deff Dread looks really magnetisable! Even four shooty weapon mounts. Hmmmm
Yeah, the kit is rather nice for the deff dread. Though, i think you're required to use the top two mounts for CC weapons and bottom two can be used for shooty, though I'm not sure what it says in IA8. Definitely magnetisable as well though i just glued everything as well I like the KMB on mine.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 07:46 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Two of the mounts are for DCCW's (Standard wargear i'm afraid so no Deff Dreads with four ranged weapons) the other two can be used for a variety of ranged weaponry or another two DCCW's.

My current Looted Wagon project is made from both a Leman Russ and a Rhino. The options from which you can make one are wide ranging, limited only by what bits you can gets your hands on.

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-11, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
Two of the mounts are for DCCW's (Standard wargear i'm afraid so no Deff Dreads with four ranged weapons) the other two can be used for a variety of ranged weaponry or another two DCCW's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngelZeros View Post
Yeah, the kit is rather nice for the deff dread. Though, i think you're required to use the top two mounts for CC weapons and bottom two can be used for shooty, though I'm not sure what it says in IA8. Definitely magnetisable as well though i just glued everything as well I like the KMB on mine.
Ah, yeah I know that What i meant is they include 4 mounts that the ranged weapons glue onto. So you can build up 4 of the 5 supplied ranged weapons, and swap between them thanks to magnets

I probably would run at least a squadrons worth as CCW though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode