Heavy Weapons/Surport - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Azzagorn's Flag is: Great Britain

Heavy Weapons/Surport

Having been given a Razorback I was wonder what people would recommend in ways of arming it for a game? I'm tempted with the LC, but I dont want to rush this decsion.

Also My tactical SM need some refining rocket lauchers or heavy bolters or lascannon? Advice people?

2011 Games:

Space Marines W:1 L:1 D:0
Current nemesis: Eldar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-11, 10:30 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

RB aramament depends on what you are facing. Swarm will be TL HF, Armor will be TL LC, MEQ will be Las/Plas or AssCannon. Use your own judgement for that choice.

Tac's are probably best with ML and Flamer. But again it depends on the composition of the enemy force.

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 08:58 AM

jaws900's Flag is: England

personly i feel that HB, Las and Las/Plas and assault are the types that can be ran depending on what you want to use it for and your oppoent. Las/Plas is good agian light armoured enemys like Orks, Dark Eldar who normaly have poor armour on most transports etc. Las is great for the heavy stuff like Vindicators, Landraiders etc (anyhting AV12+). Assault is your generic one and personyl i feel the bests as it can do anything (even Pen Landraiders) and the HB's are only there is you can't afford the others.

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

People i have turned into Chaos Spawn
Marneus Calgar
Pedro Kantor
Terminator Chaplin
Terminator Apothecary

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 09:01 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

My Tac squads run plasma cannons as their heavy choice, as they are cheaper for tacs than Devs, and I love plasma. For a razor, like Alice said, it depends, do you have anti-tank covered elsewhere in your list? Then maybe you want more shot output, so basic heavy bolters, or asscannon could be the way to go. Are you lacking anti-tank? Then Las/plas or TLLC might be the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 09:51 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

if your never gonna swap it out id say go with the Assault cannon, other than that i think the regular TLHB is just fine, besides its basically a rhino and rhinos dont last THAT long.

although the rare "It-just-wont-die" rhino does exist...it will never be the one(s) you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 03:14 PM

Marshal Ragnar's Flag is: USA

I play a mainly armored Sm gunline and usually take a mix of either LC or las-plas with a few asscans. And then I run like 4, 5-man squads with a combi-flame(for those retarded nids that pop my ride) and spend the rest of the points on elite and heavy support. Ive placed in several tourny's this way. If you want a list that i use just pm me and ill send one

Check out my Angels of Retribution fluff!! All c&c is welcome
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 01:07 PM

Lucio's Flag is: USA

I might be missing something but the little DA icon suggests he isn't going to have access to las/plas or assault cannon razorbacks. Its either the heavy bolter or lascannons. I'd go with the heavy bolters unless you really need another anti-tank weapon. AV11 is fairly fragile for a 30 pt upgrade but if you plan on it hanging out in the backfield with other bigger threats, laspreds for example, it could be worthwhile. If you are playing DA you could also put a 5 man melta suicide squad in there.

If your not playing DA I hear wonderful things about assault cannons quite a bit...

I'd assign heavy weapons for the tacs by role you expect them to fulfill. If you have one that you plan on sitting on the backfield objective the missile launcher is king for versatility and range. I honestly, wouldn't put heavy weapons on squads that will be moving forward, unless you plan on combat squadding them. Plasma cannons are great for what they do and put a serious dent in teq forces assuming they don't scatter or blow up in your face.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode