What units are so CHEESE you almost refuse to play armies with them? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 08:25 PM

ohiocat110's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltar View Post
4: Totally forgot to mention - anyone trying to ally SM and SOB, and then take Vulkan Hestaan, can, without any word of question, fuck right off. Just no. No.
That would be wrong. Awesomely, gloriously, wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 08:48 PM
Banned
ChugginDatHaterade's Flag is: Russia

Quote:
Who would field full sized Tyranid troop choices without giving them at least FNP?
Why the hell would you field 60 noise marines is what im wondering?
post #53 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 08:54 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I really don't get the whole beardy/cheesey/spam debate. If it's codex legal I don't see a problem with someone exploiting the very best options available. However, I do hate the power gamers. I know, there seems to be little distinction, but for me the biggest is the attitude. Somebody may max out their army, but take it on the chin when they loose anyway. The dicks who start whining after their superduper IC or much favoured match winning unit get handed their asses after suffering 60+ attacks from a unit of blood claws in turn 2, they are the childish assholes I hate.

I personally am a fluff player, but I still use LFs with MLs. While I don't max them out, there will be 2 or 3 in there. What's not fluffy? They are the seasoned, level headed veterans who rain death from afar, and if they deem multiple MLs as the best tool for the job, who can argue? If they spammed plasma cannons or MMs would that make it better?

All in all, there are no individual units I hate playing against and would cause me to nearly refuse to play, but there are certain types of players I would refuse to play a second time. I play to enjoy the game with like minded individuals, not listen to whiney dicks who can't take losing.

post #54 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 08:54 PM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChugginDatHaterade View Post
Because you can and it would be funny as hell?
post #55 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 09:06 PM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChugginDatHaterade View Post
2 shots assualt at 24 inch range 3 shot heavy. with intiative 5 and a blastmaster that is s8 ap3 heavy or 2 s5 ap4assualt is why somebody would take 60 noise marines against tyranid. And the funny thing is, it rapes almost any army because try making that many saves from a shooting and assualt phase where i go first almost every time and still be able to do enough damage back to me if you managed to keep someone alive. its just not possible. Even terminators have fallen to such mass shots. i have the horde army amount of hits with less than half the amount of models. Not to mention the Doom siren option which i currently field 6 S5 ap3 template. damn thats rape. that is called power gaming my friend.
But yea it does pretty well
post #56 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 09:24 PM
Banned
ChugginDatHaterade's Flag is: Russia

So whats the rest of your army? What keeps you from getting rolled by anyone who sits in tanks. I see its extreme effectiveness against horde lists, but they are bad anyways.
post #57 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 09:29 PM

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...+children+2500

thats the link to my current list. it works well and has only lost a couple of games due to poor strategy and bad rolls. other than that it is an affective list and absolutly shreds marine players loyal and chaos alike.
post #58 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 09:33 PM

Stormbrow II's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
I really don't get the whole beardy/cheesey/spam debate. If it's codex legal I don't see a problem with someone exploiting the very best options available
Quote:
The dicks who start whining after their superduper IC or much favoured match winning unit get handed their asses after suffering 60+ attacks from a unit of blood claws in turn 2, they are the childish assholes I hate.
You don't hate power gamers which are the former, but you hate whiny dicks which are the latter. There are no units/armies I refuse to play. There are people I refuse to play which are usually those who whine about my army. Whiny dicks I call them.
post #59 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbrow II View Post
You don't hate power gamers which are the former, but you hate whiny dicks which are the latter. There are no units/armies I refuse to play. There are people I refuse to play which are usually those who whine about my army. Whiny dicks I call them.
i agree theres those peoples who list are really good but you still enjoy playing them because they are fun and have good personality. I hate playing dicks good or not. One guy i played was like super pissed because of lash. i keep lashing his terminator squad with storm shields and thunder hammers into dangerous terrain for 6 rounds. lol he lost 3 of 5. lol he was furious i was actually scared. it was a dick move but assualt terminators geared like that are cheese anyways so he deserved it.
post #60 of 262 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 09:43 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
You want cheese? Play fantasy and play against Dwarf Organ gun spam...
Wait... what?
As a rare choice you're only allowed a certain amount of duplicate units (as they are, well, rare)

On 40K though; Long Fangs, Vendetta's... that's about it, but I would never refuse to play against any army unless I know it was specifically written to kill the list i've bought - and even then it would depend if the pub was open or not.

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode