New Tau codex... - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 09:54 AM

Phrazer's Flag is: Wales

I agree, even though ive got a pretty sizable Tau army i think BS4 would be overkill, they are not super soldiers like marines (part of the reason why i think BS4 Vet guards are so overpowered but thats another story and just my opinion). However... imo some good changes would included...

Taking Farsight enables Crisis Suits to be taken as a troops choice would be good. BS4 for all Crisis suits is a must however. I mean they are in big computer filled battle suits and they are elites anyway!!

Pathfinders as troops choice and ditch that silly Devilfish rule that comes with them.

Stealth as fast attack choice, give BS 4 and you can probably leave the points the same.

I shall jump on the "Bin the Vespids" band wagon in their current form, i dont mind the theory of them but they do need to be totally re-vamped as in their current form they are useless.

Revise the use of ML and seeker missiles. From reading previous posts i do like the idea of off table seeker missile shots... gives the idea of a co-ordinated army working together: Very Tau.

Many other thoughts bet those at least are some of the more important

Real Men/Women/Aliens/Heretics/Warp Spawned Filth/Big Scary Space Monsters play Battlefleet Gothic... why dont you???

Last edited by Phrazer; 01-05-11 at 10:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 11:19 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrazer View Post
Stealth as fast attack choice, give BS 4 and you can probably leave the points the same.
Even with BS 4, they wouldn't be worth the points. BS 4 and long barelled burst cannons, maybe

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Last edited by MetalHandkerchief; 01-05-11 at 11:21 AM.
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 11:20 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd see Stealths as much better in the Troops slot. Maybe FA that moves to Troops with someone. Shadowsun, perhaps.

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 11:22 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
I'd see Stealths as much better in the Troops slot. Maybe FA that moves to Troops with someone. Shadowsun, perhaps.
Troops yes, but not with a special character. Knowing past Tau codex progression, XV22's will probably become an HQ choice, so that would be the ticket.

Dreaming of a plastic XV22 kit with all possible weapon upgrades *sigh*

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 12:16 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
Sadly i don't think Norweigian blondes have the same effect as the Sweedish ones, no?
I can honestly say that both Norwegian and Swedish blondes have positive effect on, uuh, stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
I still think all battlesuits should come with hard-wired Targeting Arrays from scratch.
At least all Battle Suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Troops yes, but not with a special character. Knowing past Tau codex progression, XV22's will probably become an HQ choice, so that would be the ticket.

Dreaming of a plastic XV22 kit with all possible weapon upgrades *sigh*
Indeed.

Regarding BS4 FW and OP:
The Firewarriors themselves need not be excellent aimers, they could have Targetting Arrays them too. Tau dont believe nor understand attrition wars and equip all units as good as they can. Giving FWs TA would be a way of proving that.
Its either BS4 and somewhat same price or a massive price dump thats needed for the FWs.

You get a Dork Eldar warrior with a pretty darn good gun for 8 pts. Right now a FW cost 10, and have way inferior stats. The gun doesnt weigh up the fact that a FW gets mauled in CC by a grot, and run away 48% of all the time when taking casualties. Add the fact that Mech is king and the FW is even less threatening in 5th.

Its easy to look oneself blind on the S5 gun and ignore the fact that the fishhead that holds it is a grot w T3 (the only real difference, as grots have LD7 too thanks to the Ork, and the armour is almost pointless as everything have 4+ cover nowdays)...

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrazer View Post
I shall jump on the "Bin the Vespids" band wagon in their current form, i dont mind the theory of them but they do need to be totally re-vamped as in their current form they are useless.
What about upgrading their guns to template weapons with either rending or a decent AP?
Make them a proper glass-cannon unit; totally fragile but you wouldn't want a unit of them anywhere near your army...

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 05:04 PM
Painter in training

Drannith's Flag is: USA

Leave the FW gun alone and adjust points would be far easier. I like the idea of a long barrelled burst cannon on the stealth units. Stealth units are actually my favorite Tau unit but they need some major overhaul to make them worth the points they have them currently listed at.

I also like how many of us are basicly saying the same thing. Hope GW is on the same page as us... though doubtful

Can re-roll re-rolls
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 05:15 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

To be honest Drannith - Tau have probably had little attention paid in regard to a rewrite, and I'm not sure that's bad. I think I would rather they focused on each one as they did it - GK may be written and all, according to all sources, but Tau aren't meant to be next, next is Necrons...with WH to come before Tau also.

Plus 4-5 WFB books in that timeframe.
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 11:06 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

The Necrons definately need a rework. They're oldest next to the old DE.

The Tau are survivable for now...for now.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode