Worst Traitor Legion currently - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
General 40k This is the place to talk about everything related to Warhammer 40k.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Default Worst Traitor Legion currently

So which chaos legion would you send back to the imperium to go fight and be one of the good guys. Explain why you think they suck it can be from a fluff stand point or a gaming stand point even though they all use the same codex.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 08:16 PM

Karnax's Flag is: England

I would send to the Imperium Alpharius Omegon and the Alpha legion. They just tried to do what they thought Daddy wanted, and then failed miserably.

Sometimes i wonder 'Why is that frisbee getting bigger?', and then it hits me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
If the Imperium found us as we are now, they'd probably declare exterminatus on us purely because of Justin Bieber. Wouldn't want that taint to spread any further than one planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
The Imperium is crumbling because they're getting attacked from all angles. Why did the Eldar empire crumble? Because they got bored.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 08:20 PM

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
So which chaos legion would you send back to the imperium to go fight and be one of the good guys. Explain why you think they suck it can be from a fluff stand point or a gaming stand point even though they all use the same codex.
be sent back to the imperium?

um... Sons of Horus/Black Legion... yeah they ain't going to come back to the Imperium. Not for the least of reasons being the whole Heresy thing.

Thousand Sons: 1) They violated a personal edict from the emporer and continued studying Sorcerory. 2) Like 90% of them are magically animated suits. Not much to come back with.

World Eaters: um.... Blood for the Blood god!!!!!

Plague Marines: Yeah, let's invite giant plague infested super-solders back who are covered with festering boils. That'll go well.

Emporer's Children: Sorry, they're just tooo far gone mentally.Not even normal war can sate their lust for emotional heights.

Word Bearers: Um... well, I mean the imperium does venerate the emporer as a god... but then again theres the whole thing of the Chaos Gods not liking to be stiffed. That could have problems.

Iron Warriors: Yeah, they got abused and forgotten about for decades at a time. The only way they're coming back to the imperium is over the Imperium's broken body.

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 09:53 PM

Dies Irae's Flag is: France

Location: In space, targeting you with plasma cannons. (Actually I am from France)

Of the original Legions, I think the only ones that could be good again are the Alpha Legion and the Iron Warriors. The problem is that the first ones spent the last ten thousand years turning chapters and planets to Chaos, I doubt they would give up all their hard work, and the Iron Warriors hate the Emperor too much to serve him again, and they enjoy their freedom to much to let it go.

If you mean what legion could have been saved...well then pretty much all of them, maybe not the Word Bearers. A lot of little elements could have changed Horus's view on the Emperor and the Chaos Gods, first he could have avoided being wounded on Davin, he could also have ignored Erebus while in his "dreams", and so on... And Horus is the starting point, if he does not fall, then nearly nobody does: Mortarion and Angron are not convinced by Horus to join him to defeat the Emperor and serve the Chaos Gods, there is no threat to the Emperor so Magnus doesn't have to send a phsychic message using magic, Perturabo would have been able to take some rest between campaign and avoid the riots on Olympia, Night Haunter would not have seen visions of the Heresy and battles of Space Marines against Space Marines, and therefore would not turn insane.
And Fulgrim could have left the deamon sword where it was.

Check out my army: Iron Warriors 44th company

Sanity is for the weak
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 11:33 PM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

soul drinkers. im sick of the nerdy ex-smurf players changing to soul drinkers telling me how awesome they are. They are basically Relictors without the bad ass daemon weapons
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 12:27 AM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

The Night Lords........ ok maybe not lol
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 12:56 AM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

honestly? i wouldn't swap any of my beloved chaos legions. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would love to see them do away with the red corsairs. leave space piracy to the dark eldar.

Ave Dominae Nox
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 02:21 AM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syko515 View Post
honestly? i wouldn't swap any of my beloved chaos legions. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would love to see them do away with the red corsairs. leave space piracy to the dark eldar.
Haha this. I just think that, in a Codex that relies on the traitor LEGIONS, it's stupid to have a special character from one of the non-original Legions, especially since Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, and Word Bearers get no SC love.

However, if I had to choose one of the original Legions, I'd go with 1K Sons. Sure, they've got sorcerers, but they're all a bunch of dust-filled shells that have the intelligence of my left ball (which is the more dimwitted of my two testicles). Instead of knowledgeable turns to Chaos, theirs was accidental.

Lastly, given the current Codex, 1K Sons just suck, be gone with you!

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 03:06 AM

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies Irae View Post
If you mean what legion could have been saved...well then pretty much all of them, maybe not the Word Bearers. A lot of little elements could have changed Horus's view on the Emperor and the Chaos Gods, first he could have avoided being wounded on Davin, he could also have ignored Erebus while in his "dreams", and so on... And Horus is the starting point, if he does not fall, then nearly nobody does: Mortarion and Angron are not convinced by Horus to join him to defeat the Emperor and serve the Chaos Gods, there is no threat to the Emperor so.
I have to disagree with this. My understanding is that Angron always hated the Emperor for kidnapping him and indirectly making him watch as the gladiators whom has joined with him were killed. That coupled with the Cerebral implants pretty much doomed the World Eaters from the get go in my opinion. Horus merely provided Angron support and direction.

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 03:48 AM

wombat_tree's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
soul drinkers. im sick of the nerdy ex-smurf players changing to soul drinkers telling me how awesome they are. They are basically Relictors without the bad ass daemon weapons
The OP asked which Chaos Legion would become one of the 'good' guys, the Soul Drinkers aren't devoted to Chaos.

Praise the sun!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode